• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Episode 12 - 'Deep Cover for Batman!' Discussion Thread

Mister J

Enlightened to the Great Darkness
Staff member
Reaction score
Batman swaps places with Owlman -- his criminal counterpart in an alternate Universe -- to stop the Crime Syndicate from taking over the world.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0902/20/index.htm
Warner Bros. Animation has released a description, clip and 33 images from a two-part episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold on Cartoon Network.

"Deep Cover for Batman!" kicks off the two-parter on Friday, March 6, with "Game Over for Owlman!" concluding the story on Friday, March 13.

Here's how Warner Bros.. describes the episodes:

"When parallel worlds collide, Batman swaps places with Owlman -- his criminal counterpart in an alternate universe -- to stop the Crime Syndicate from taking over their world. Crime fighters in one world must battle their evil counterparts in a crime spree melee. Meanwhile back on Earth, Owlman has been perpetrating crimes disguised as Batman and assembled all the villains to join him. When Batman returns, he finds himself on the wrong side of the law and hunted by Green Lantern, Aquaman, Blue Beetle, Red Tornado and Plastic Man. It¹s a strange twist of fate that leaves Batman with only one option - to team up with Joker and take Owlman and the Crime Syndicate down!"

The voice cast includes Diedrich Bader as Batman/Owlman, Jeff Bennett as Red Hood/The Joker, James Sie as Dyna-Mite, Corey Burton as Red Tornado/Silver Cyclone, Will Friedle as Blue Beetle/Scarlet Scarab and James Arnold Taylor as Green Arrow/Blue Bowman.

The story was written by Joseph Kuhr, and the episodes were directed by Michael Chang and Ben Jones.
Airing: February 27
--------------------------
I think this may be the first 'official' appearance for the CSA, not accouting for the appeaances of comparable groups in the old SuperFriends shows or the Justice Lords in JLU.

Last edited:
I really thought I was going to hate this show but I'm loving it, I wish it had the timmverse but ehh no biggie. really excited for this episode.

I'm actually glad to get away from the Timmverse for once.

Yeah, it's refreshing for a bit of change. Like occasionally having a calzone after eating pizza for a while.

Yes, I compared the show to a calzone. It works, it's full of cheese but good nonetheless.

Yeah, it's refreshing for a bit of change. Like occasionally having a calzone after eating pizza for a while.

Yes, I compared the show to a calzone. It works, it's full of cheese but good nonetheless.
:funny:

I'm actually pretty excited about this one. I heard Robin's showing up in one or both of the parts. That fo' real? If so, I'm even more interested. I wonder if they're gonna do the bare-leg, pixie boots version? :hehe:

:funny:

I'm actually pretty excited about this one. I heard Robin's showing up in one or both of the parts. That fo' real? If so, I'm even more interested. I wonder if they're gonna do the bare-leg, pixie boots version? :hehe:

Why wouldn't they use the classic Robin?

Why wouldn't they use the classic Robin?
Because most versions of the last twenty years have avoided it like the plague?

There's nothing wrong with it for this silver age take, I wasn't saying that at all. I'd love to see it, given the context of this show. I'm just wondering if they'll actually do it or update to be a little more in line with the Tim Drake costume, is all.

True, I keep forgetting that they use newer characters too. To be honest, it's Ollie that confuses me, seeing him clean shaven makes me think it's not a modern portrayal of the DCU.

I understand why, I prefer it over this style, but I hope eventually Marvel and DC animation get a more comic look. But I really like this show regardless I mean where else do you get this much Guy Gardner. Also I really liked the Blue Beetle stuff I'd love it if that great new character with the canceled book could get some sort of spin off show(but he won't poor Jaimé)

OMG! Red Hood is appearing! So is Robin! So is OwlMan! This episode wil be the best episodes in the season. Maybe an appearance of Joker

I'm actually surprised how fun this show is!

I saw one episode and now I'm hooked. This episode sounds awesome.

I LOVE that Joker...Owlman's Batman suit looks cool...I kinda wish that is what the real Batman looked like.

Last edited:
Joker's hideous, IMO, but I like all the other designs.

This one pic is great:

bb11iq6.jpg
What do we have here, from left to right? Wild West Batman? Miller-Bat, Kelly Jones, BATB, ???, Gotham By Gaslight?, and uhhh...Mars Attacks Batman? :hehe:

This one pic is great:

bb11iq6.jpg
What do we have here, from left to right? Wild West Batman? Miller-Bat, Kelly Jones, BATB, ???, Gotham By Gaslight?, and uhhh...Mars Attacks Batman? :hehe:

You're close
That Gotham by Gaslight Batman is actually a pirate batman from a short series. That mechanical one is from a short lived comic as well but I can't remember which.

Nice idea for Batman and Joker to team up. Shame no batvillains except him and clock king. More info here: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0902/20/index.htm

You're close
That Gotham by Gaslight Batman is actually a pirate batman from a short series. That mechanical one is from a short lived comic as well but I can't remember which.

Nice idea for Batman and Joker to team up. Shame no batvillains except him and clock king. More info here: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0902/20/index.htm

Technically, Clock King is a Green Arrow villain, not Batman. However, Cavalier and Kite Man have shown up, and expect Riddler, Catwoman, and Zebra-Man to appear in the second season.

Technically, Clock King is a Green Arrow villain, not Batman. However, Cavalier and Kite Man have shown up, and expect Riddler, Catwoman, and Zebra-Man to appear in the second season.

Forgot about Cavalier and Kiteman. I consider Clock King both a Batman and Green Arrow villain. Come on Mr.freeze!

This one pic is great:

bb11iq6.jpg

Actually, the really big fella is likely Bat-Hulk. You heard me right, There really once was a Bat-Hulk, back in the day. Can't remember the story, and I don't think it was any kind of DC-Marvel X-over, but I had the comic and Bat-Hulk is definitely for real, and that pic looks like I remember it.

Hey does anyone know where robin was confirmed? I heard he'd be in the series and he'd be Dick Grayson but the sooner he shows up the better!

Hey does anyone know where robin was confirmed? I heard he'd be in the series and he'd be Dick Grayson but the sooner he shows up the better!

He is in the 2nd part of the two-parter. His name is mentioned in the episode description.

God, I'm looking forward to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"