• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Episode 12 - 'Deep Cover for Batman!' Discussion Thread

"I knew you cared" =D

In the teaser, Red Hood attempts to use a dimensional device to send a message to Batman, but Injustice Syndicate members Owlman, Blue Bowman, Scarlet Scarab, and Silver Cyclone steal the device and beat up Red Hood, who manages to get away. The hero was badass in the teaser, but I'll get to that in the main episode.

In the main episode, we see Batman in Gotham City, heading home to his Bat-Cave after foiling The Riddler. However, he's forced to fight Owlman, who entered the cave through the device, and later imprisions him and takes his costume to travel to the other dimension and infiltrate the Injustice Syndicate. The Syndicate was well-written. I liked Owlman's design, probably my only favorite out of the alternate heroes we've seen. The rest of the Syndicate's designs were kinda dull. Just re-colorings. Their personalities were good though. I especially got a kick out of the Brainiac-like Cyclone, and the fact that Scarab was such a little psychopath. Liked his line about his "true heart of a hero".

Red Hood is one of the more interesting heroes we've seen for a while. He's the good version of the Joker. Disfigured and insane, but still determined to end crime. Jeff Bennett does a great job with him. The heroic versions of the villains were also re-colored, but at least Dr. Polaris and Black Manta were made to look like Red Tornado and Aquaman a bit. Creative.

Favorite bits in here include Scarlet Scarab's psychosis, the universe full of zombies, Batman's funhouse mirror of EVIL! comment, and the obligatory "I'm Batman" moment. Possibly the best out of the series, and part two looks more promising. Bring on The Joker!

NEXT WEEK: Hunted by the authorities and his superhero friends, Batman discovers that Owlman escaped while he was in the alternate universe, and has comitted crimes disguised as Batman. Now, Batman is forced to fight the police and his friends and team up with his hated enemy, The Joker, in order to stop Owlman and his army of supervillains.

i can guess how owlman got loose
alfred did it thinking his employer had been locked in his own detention cell

i can guess how owlman got loose
alfred did it thinking his employer had been locked in his own detention cell
Owlman most likely let himself out. Him and Batman are the same guy, so just like how batman can escape from every situation Owlman most likely can do the same.

I'm watching it on You tube so I'll post what I think later

Thank you for the video. Constant homages to the 60's with the giant clam and the awake spray

I love this episode's Jokester/Red Hood origin being similar to the Joker.

Great episode. This show overall is a lot of fun. Loving the homages and variety of characters they are using. :up:

Joker in the batmobile.... the 50s one that is:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83SkNX5Ko6A&feature=related[/YT]

I liked the fact that they went all multiverse this week. I'd say this episode is the one for the naysayers if they can't watch this and get the awesomeness of this show then they never will. Everything the show is good for this episode had from awesome action sequences to brilliant animation and a suprisingly engaging team up. I seriously did not expect Red Hood to be as cool as he was, talk about a character I'd love to see not just in this series again but in the comics as well.

I loved that they never showed him in all his "Jokerness" the only beef I had was Silver Cyclone. I thought the way Red Tornado has been handled on this series is kinda week and seeing his doppleganger have such a large role was equally dull. I'd have preferred the evil Aquaman in his place. Still though one of the top episodes for the season so far which is saying something cause there have been quite a few solid episodes this rookie season.

Next week's conclusion should be interesting and should finally get those who disliked this show cause all they know about the DCU is Batman's little corner of it to enjoy this with the rest of us due to the batvillains.

I liked the episode and I wasn't a fan at first it got me. Good action, good team ups, good animation good every thing. This weeks looks even more awesome.

this has got ot be my favorite ep so far
back in the summer I thought I would hate this show as a dissapiontment to bat-fans
I watch the first ep and it was amazing It's nice to take a break from the timverse
anyway, i like how it incorporated his origin into this ep it's like joker accept he gets crazy and it's accedental not on purpose
can't wait till season finally oh, and bat-villians like riddler
bats was talking about him

I wish we saw the alternate Aquaman...er Barracuda talk or get development. Id bet he'd be timid and humble.

Loved the episode. über-loved the sooo elegant Red Hood. :up:

I actually thought after this episode that it would be awesome to read a comic about Red Hood fighting Owlman.

ooo, red hood vs olwman would be awesome.

I've always thought joker would make a lendary hero.

I liked the way they portrayed him. It seemed like a poor James Bond with a kind of sly controlled sense of humor.

I absolutely loved this Batman vs. Owlman 's fight sequence in the batcave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"