Episode 1 - 'Rise of the Blue Beetle!' Discussion Thread

Ok, I just watched this episode [Thanks again, Mister J].

It was so much fun. I loved Batman's character. Campy without being stupid or silly. And he had me laughing several times. "It's a temporal anaomoly, which is just a fancy way of saying it's wierd" :woot:

Blue Beetle was a brilliant character. I hope we see lots more of him. And the Clock King cameo was pure 60's villain Batman with the over the top death trap. Loved it.

This show has alot of promise. 8/10 for this episode.

Is this worth watching? I had forgotten all about it until now but I may start watching if its good

There are no words for how much I enjoyed this. I'll reel off what I liked:
-Clock King. He was your classic 60's villain complete with silly death trap.
-Blue Beetle. Great characterisation here, loved his sense of humour.
-Batman. I'm glad he has a dry sense of humour, worked really well.
-Dialog. C'mon, who didn't crack up at the "temporal anomaly" or Superman vs Batman scene?
-Animation. Very smooth, I finally have a batshow with it.

And a heap of other things I've forgotten. Can't wait for the next ep!

For gripe sake, this show is too damn campy. I'd like to find the people behind this series...and execute them all. :dry:

Last edited:
For gripe sake, this show is too damn campy. I'd like to find the people behind this series...and execute them them all. :dry:
Why, this is for kids. Besides there following the comics, at least the old ones.

Just watched the first Episode. Sooo incredibly cheesy... and campy... Batman flew into space with his damn costume. >_<

just seen the ep & i dunno what to say, it is really campy & cheesy both at the same time, i think i like B:TAS and THE BATMAN better than this incarnation of batman. i might continue watching this to see where it goes. oh & Dread did point out about kan-joro showing up in justice league, as a petty crook. i spotted that as soon as saw kan-joro & new the simalarties right away.

Saw the first episode today.....pretty darn funny. I liked it.

I voted 7 because I felt it was a good episode, but particularly thanks too Will Friedle perfect acting as Blue B. . I loved the Kanjar Ro design. I'm not sure about Kanjar Ro's real importance in the DCU, but I like this interpretation.
I think Batman is good too. He's darker than everyone else without being THAT dark, and brooding, and dark, and mean, and dark(again). So I enjoy this lighter Batman even if sometimes it seems to me that they could have done it in a less ... "naiv" way.
I have nothing about Batman going into space, but I think giving him a helmet would be nice, wouldn't it ?

much love for the old version of the Clock King

"Auf Viedersein!"

"I would hate to be late for my next caper"

TheClockKing.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay