Episode 1 - 'Rise of the Blue Beetle!' Discussion Thread

I think this Batman will be the eyes and ears of the audience, as all the weird **** that happens he's like, "are you serious?" He pretty much addresses that all the phenomena that happens is out of his realm, yet has to remain stoic.

LOL YEAH THAT WAS FUNNY AS HELL, I LIKED THE SHOW IT WAS FUN, I LIKE THAT BATS NARRATES IT!!!:D:up:

I really like Batman's voice a a lot. Another thing that cracked me up...

"Poison Ivy controlling Superman with her spores against Batman with no Kryptonite. Who wins?"

"Superman."

"Wrong! Batman. With Kyptonite!"

"You said no Kyptonite!"

"Trick question. Batman ALWAYS carries Kyptonite in his utility belt." :woot:

I really liked it. The show is pretty straight forward on what its intentions are. Its a kids show. Its not trying to be "dumbed down adult animation and strories". Its its own beast. I really liked the animation in it. The voice acting was pretty good as well. The story telling was kept on the most basic level. These elements worked well together. Right from the very beginning this felt like a silver age show. I loved the way Bats and Arrow were tied to the inside of that clock, with all the large gears. Jerry Robinson and Dick Sprang immediately popped into mind. The superhero pose that batman always takes is great. Also, did anyone notice that Batmobile in the beginning credits? That thing is awesome! I so want a toy of that!lol I will admit some of the kiddie one liners and goofiness made me roll my eyes a couple times, but it also made me smile at the same time. I think this show has brought a pureness back to the character and maybe with it, some new young fans. I cant wait until next Friday.

Last edited:
I expected some serious camp, but it actually wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I actually like the show a lot, it's very fun and entertaining. I like the style and feel to it. Will definitely keep watching. :up:

I enjoyed the show for the most part. Some time the lines got a little annoying, especially some of the things bat said, but I loved his voice and narrations. I kinda wish we would've seen more of Green Arrow hopefully we'll see him in the future....with a beard. His hat design did bother me though. Made me think of a pelican.

Ok wow. Didn't care for that at all. Makes me wish they never cancelled JLU.

Ok wow. Didn't care for that at all. Makes me wish they never cancelled JLU.

Troll. No, I'm just kidding.

I missed tonight's episode (damn), but I'll catch the rerun tomorrow and I'll be posting my thoughts then. Judging from the response, people seem to like it and I have already been looking forward to this for quite a while, so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it. The animation and previews I've seen have been really solid. I'm just disappointed I missed it tonight.

This is definitely a show meant to appeal almost soley to children and preteens. It's a Silver Age Batman stepped into the modern era, emphasizing humor and fun action above anything profound. The story of this first episode was sturdy. A young, inexperienced Blue Beetle teams up with Batman. They are transported across the galaxy, where they try to help the strange natives of an alien world defeat a space bully and his goons. If you remember not to take this too seriously, you'll enjoy it.

The writing, animation, and voice-acting are good enough that I will catch the next episode.

I watched that with my girlfriend and we hated it. Superfriends is fun because it was a simpler time and that show reflects it. This show is trying to do that, but it doesn't work. It's like when you watch a big budget movie try to be less than it is, like "Grindhouse," and you spend too much time looking at the fake scratches. This show, I spent too much time thinking, "Oh, that's like the '60s," or whatever, so I never got into the story. It was form over function.
Animation-wise, The Clone Wars is trying something new. The Brave and the Bold is trying something old, and it's just a big step back from what we've seen. It's like they decided they couldn't top what they have already done, so they wouldn't try. Too bad.

B&TB is trying something old in a new setting. I think it pulled it off rather well, judging on that episode alone. We'll see how it does overall. I'll stick around with it to find out.

I liked it. A solid first offering. I think the dynamic between Batman's demeanor and whomever the guest hero is will make for some fun (they really piqued my interest in that regard with Green Arrow). The wit is a bit more appreciable than I would have imagined it to be and the animates seems smoother than what I'd expected from some of the clips.

I'll have to check the DVR, but I could have sworn I saw a Streaky the Super Cat reference last night. :woot:

Overall, it was more than enough to get me to tune in next week. 8/10.

Not a fan of this show but I'm glad the little kids have something for their own. It seems like the past Batman cartoons were always geared for an older audience so I'm happy that the 7 or 8 year olds can enjoy this.

I really enjoyed it. The whole gadget aspect is obviously overdone, and making fun of that didn't really make up for it. He can pull out a sword? He's got a jetpack? He can just bring out an oxygen shield out of his mask? He always carries Kryptonite around? (Why?) But, y'know, maybe that's just the Silver Age aspect. I'm willing to look past it.

I expected that these pairings would just happen, and that'd there would really be no story about it. They did with the Green Arrow, but it... it kinda made sense, and then we moved to the Blue Beetle, and I think they did a great job with his character. However, I have no character to expect there; I personally have no clue who the Blue Beetle is (I keep up with Marvel, not DC). But, it's apparent that they've delved into the Blue Beetle's history. I like that. Another thing I was expecting was just a Batman cartoon with cameos, but this looks like it's actually just going to use Batman as an anchor for concentrating on all these DC heroes. This, I will be excited to see. I'm looking forward to the Plastic Man episode, 'cause I don't know anything about him, and I'd like to, even if they take their own liberties with it.

I laughed my ass off at Jaime and his friend basically doing a reinterpretation of the Batman vs. Superman threads so many of these boards have.

I'll admit I like the darker Batman, but I really love this show. I like the tributes to Dick Sprang and Jeery Robinsons' work. I love Blue Beetle on this show. Sure it is targeted to kids, but the kids need something to enjoy. This show is a great way to introduce other Dc characters. I noticed in the opening them some characters not seen in animation like Guy Gardner and Bronze Tiger. Maybe this show could bring about spin -offs like a Blue Beetle and Plastic-man animated show. Hey DC needs to step up marvel is putting out a lot of animated projects like Wolverine and The X-Me, Iron-man, Avengers, Spectacular Spider-man, and Thor.

I have to admit, I'll be sticking around for the next episode. That's something I couldn't do after the first episode of The Batman.

The bookend narration by Bats is kind of a new thing, but IMO it actually helps since as the straight man in a team-up formula, Bats is essentially playing second fiddle, and the dialogue works with Bader in a way that it probably wouldn't have with either Conroy or Romano. Some other things I liked:

- This show's version of Clock King.
- The fanboy scene at the beginning.
- Batman being the Beetle's "sidekick". Priceless.
- The look of the new Batmobile (seen only in the opening credits this time).
- Batman mentioning that he and Green Arrow "go way back".

I have to admit, I'll be sticking around for the next episode. That's something I couldn't do after the first episode of The Batman.

The bookend narration by Bats is kind of a new thing, but IMO it actually helps since as the straight man in a team-up formula, Bats is essentially playing second fiddle, and the dialogue works with Bader in a way that it probably wouldn't have with either Conroy or Romano. Some other things I liked:

- This show's version of Clock King.
- The fanboy scene at the beginning.
- Batman being the Beetle's "sidekick". Priceless.
- The look of the new Batmobile (seen only in the opening credits this time).
- Batman mentioning that he and Green Arrow "go way back".

I like those things too.

Hey, it was enjoyable.... thats all I can ask from this show. Of course, Im a big JLU fan, but that is not going to hinder what I think of Brave and the Bold. Its going to take some time for me to get to the animation and style, but thats all its going to take..... time.

Superhero Bats, using his gadgets from his utility belt, to his jet pack cape was nice to see.

So I assume we get Bats, teaming up with about 2 heros per episode? sounds fun...

it was good. nothing amazing. will definitely be watching next week.

but i gotta say, i liked The Batman better.

Okay i honestly love this show, why? Its so cheesy and Corny that it makes it awesome. =D Just hope we get to see Catwoman and Joker in this, we know Dick Grayson will be later on the show.

Okay i honestly love this show, why? Its so cheesy and Corny that it makes it awesome. =D Just hope we get to see Catwoman and Joker in this, we know Dick Grayson will be later on the show.

I think the first couple episode will be Batman helping heroes, but later ones will be heroes helping Batman. So I think seeing many of Bats' villains in gonna happen.

Hey Spider-Vader. I think Johnny Depp would make a good Riddler, because he's a very versatile, talented actor that has a knack for playing very complex characters.

Want to call me a noob to my face?

Joker will appear. I saw in the opening credits of the list of names around Batman, Joker was one of the names. I trust he will be better drawn than the Batman version.

I guess something like a 50s Joker, abit of Jack Nicholson look. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"