Excelsior! Ms. Marvel Reborn as Muslim-American Teenager

Oh damn. Eh, they're still black. Let's not try to seem unique.

:o

I think its down to the thinking in these comic companies that original solo minority superheroes don't sell well enough.

Even a high profile character like Black Panther doesn't even have a solo title anymore.

I don't know why there aren't more solo minority non-legacy character books as there should be atleast a few who could support their own title.

It just comes down to the writers giving a damn in my opinion. I just see these lazy attempts of rebranding existing characters instead of making up new, exciting heroes as pathetic and lame.

Don't want her to die, I want to see her doing good as a character, even knowing how short her series is most likely to last

And to make a few things clear, cause some decided to bash my religion considering it relevant:
Before Islam women had no rights to the eyes of males, Islam provided rights to everyone, and women had their rights over 1400 years
Honor killing is tribal thing, it's not part of a religion. Don't confuse the two
And

Don't want her to die, I want to see her doing good as a character, even knowing how short her series is most likely to last

And to make a few things clear, cause some decided to bash my religion considering it relevant:
Before Islam women had no rights to the eyes of males, Islam provided rights to everyone, and women had their rights over 1400 years
Honor killing is tribal thing, it's not part of a religion. Don't confuse the two
And

I don't think I bashed anything, just stated the obvious. Islam as a religion supports those ancient tribal views. Women are considered as human beings now, but still inferior to men. And only women have to cover themselves. Men don't have to. And you don't hear many modern muslim scholars preaching about womens equal rights, peace or science.
They reject evolution for example. So all the past glories and Islam as the champion of science is tarnished because of the modern, stone age type of thinking.

I don't think I bashed anything, just stated the obvious. Islam as a religion supports those ancient tribal views.
You stated nothing obvious, you stated misconceptions as facts
And the religion is clear of those tribal views, people still attached to their tribal views attach them to religion, and it's wrong
Women are considered as human beings now, but still inferior to men. And only women have to cover themselves. Men don't have to.
Women were always considered human beings in Islam, before Islam men gave women no right to inherit, were buried alive, and all bad things happened to them
They are not inferior, they are different physically and in other obligations
Mothers are the most important in the life of anyone, most revered people, that is not an inferior being
And you don't hear many modern muslim scholars preaching about womens equal rights, peace or science.
I don't suppose you heard of people like Dr. Zakir Naik
They reject evolution for example. So all the past glories and Islam as the champion of science is tarnished because of the modern, stone age type of thinking.
What type of Evolution? We believe in evolution of virus and mental capability
If you mean evolution from Ape-to-Man, part of our belief is man is first created as man, and did not evolve from any previous creature

timebomb_zps8889f994.gif

You make a point, it will be a debate going far off the starting topic, it's best to take a halt here instead of driving the thread to the brink of closure

This might be the only post 2012 title I read, just to see how the run and stories go

Yep, those mods will come in here so fast.

Mjehehe.. I give it a rest. There is no point debating this here, if at all. Anyone who doesn't believe in a scientifically proven fact (evolution) is too far out. :p

Mjehehe.. I give it a rest. There is no point debating this here, if at all. Anyone who doesn't believe in a scientifically proven fact (evolution) is too far out. :p

Only it's not a scientifically proven fact,hence the term "Theory of Evolution."

Only it's not a scientifically proven fact,hence the term "Theory of Evolution."

Oh not this again. Learn what the word "theory" means when used in scientific context.

If you think it's not scientifically proven why don't you try challenging the "theory of gravity" sometime.

In principle, I prefer superheroes be atheistic or without religion. Textually and cinematically speaking, they belong to their own glorious pantheons. Making the characters religious sands off a lot of what makes them shine, in my opinion (they are gods of celluloid and four colored squares.) While I appreciate the attempt at diversity, I have no interest in the character, nor those belonging to other religions.

I don't have any problem with superheroes being religious. Hell, done right, it might even make them more interesting / believable as characters.

I don't have any problem with superheroes being religious. Hell, done right, it might even make them more interesting / believable as characters.

But in Marvel universe freaking scientology would be the most sensible "religion", because Dianetics has room for aliens and superpowers. Where as bible and quran lack those things. Well, Jesus had some superpowers but for some reason he hasn't joined Thor and Hercules in them comics.

Well, if you're a Christian, unless you are entirely uneducated, you acknowledge that there are other gods people believe in, you just dismiss them.

Maybe they just assume Thor is an alien, or inter-dimensional being, or something and continue believing what they do.

I doubt if aliens did make first contact that everyone would chuck their religion out the window. Hell, just look at the religions that completely reject scientific facts, even though they're in their face.

Cognitive dissonance.

**** them. Marvel is fantastic. First they have a gay marriage, and now they make a Muslim WOMAN a superhero! Give power to the powerless, give it to the cast out and the meek. Make them stronger than all of us, and you'll see them grow.

This is the true soul of the superhero mantra, to be able to transcend your body to become something greater, against diversity. I hope this move by Marvel gives Muslim girls, women all over the world hope that they can strive to be stronger than they ever dreamed.

:huh:

You mean adversity, right?

And anyway in a universe filled with superheroes and beings from other galaxies and things like Thanos and Galactus, I dont see how anyone could believe in god or allah.

You know that "Allah" literally just means "God" in Arabic, right? They're not separate concepts, they're the same concept in different languages.

Also your premise is kind of nonsense. Like, don't you think a lot of people would take the existence of incredibly powerful and seemingly mystical beings as proof of the existence of some kind of higher power or powers?

Well that's not really accurate. True, Allah is the arabic word for God, and they evolved out of the same deity, but there's quite some differences between the Christian deity and the Muslim deity (and the Jewish deity). So, really, they are separate.

Also your premise is kind of nonsense. Like, don't you think a lot of people would take the existence of incredibly powerful and seemingly mystical beings as proof of the existence of some kind of higher power or powers?

Some kind of higher powers, yes. But not the gods of bible and quran. Because they couldn't contain the Marvel universe inside those books, as they are trying to do with our real, ever expanding universe. So I think it would be nonsense to hold those faiths in Marvel.

Where as worshipping Thor would be hard to ridicule. All his mythic tales from viking age could be proved, even from the man himself! You could actually see Thor and see what he can do. Hard to disprove that.

Have you people seriously never encountered cognitive dissonance?

You have billions of people who insist they aren't apes, despite all the evidence in the world showing them that's the case.

Is it really hard to believe that people would tune out Thor... or Hercules?

Well that's not really accurate. True, Allah is the arabic word for God, and they evolved out of the same deity, but there's quite some differences between the Christian deity and the Muslim deity (and the Jewish deity). So, really, they are separate.

Not even a little bit. One of the core concepts of Islam is that they, the Christians, and the Jews are all talking about the same God.

It's funny that you say this while also constantly dismissing scientifically proven facts about the history and culture of the various Muslim people throughout the world.

And by funny I mean pathetically hypocritical.

Not even a little bit. One of the core concepts of Islam is that they, the Christians, and the Jews are all talking about the same God.

If you believe that, then you need to read three books.

That, or that one god is schizophrenic. Or just really likes his retcons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"