Failed Comic Book Movie Franchises

Sales of animated superhero movies are not a way to gauge mass appeal like live action movies that are in the cinema.
WW has a good potential to gain better mass appeal, that is the reason why she was considered foe her solo movie which unfortunately did not happen (blame WB and Whedon for that, not the character) similarly, she was considered for a television series (again, blame the way it was put together by David E. Kelly and DC, it was not the character's fault)

Her animated DVD doing well means that there is support for her in comics fan-base, which is a good thing and her comics are selling well (at least they are in top 20 list.) she is also a regular member of Justice League (both in comics and Animation)

So, I would not say that she has fallen off the radar any more than Hulk was before Ang Lee's first Hulk movie.

Wonder Woman is still obviously known. But my point was... no one cares about her anymore. Outside of comic fans anyway. I mean, even in the comics DC doesn't know what to do with her. But i'm enjoying her new series.

WB / DC relies on the vision of producer / director to make a TV series / movie about the character, if that fails the projects fails, as happened with Kelly/ Whedon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"