Sequels Falcon going forward

KevTravels

Superhero
Reaction score
We need more of him.

Kinda want more responsibilities for him.

If Steve Rogers dies in Infinity War, I could see Falcon becoming Cap like he is in the comics. They might still call him Falcon, but Marvel Studios might see him as the leader of a future Avengers incarnation.

I am cool with Falcon taking the Cap mantle, but Bucky should wield the shield first.

Nah. Captain America is, above all else, an inspirational figure of leadership. Bucky, even a fully recovered Bucky. . . is not that.

That said, I would vastly prefer "Don't kill Cap in the first place". Just because your coming to the end of phase 3 doesn't mean you have to kill people off.

Sam isnt a Beliavable cap, bucky is.

Cap should be stronger than your average man on the street, bucky is built the same as cap, when these fight guys you belive they are gonna win no matter who it is.

you dont get that with sam. hes just your normal everyday guy.

that said for diversity reasons i think they will give him the shield. But i certainly dont think he should get it. i love mackie as the falcon, hes a great back up character, but as a character that is his limit.

Sam isnt a Beliavable cap, bucky is.

Cap should be stronger than your average man on the street, bucky is built the same as cap, when these fight guys you belive they are gonna win no matter who it is.

you dont get that with sam. hes just your normal everyday guy.

that said for diversity reasons i think they will give him the shield. But i certainly dont think he should get it. i love mackie as the falcon, hes a great back up character, but as a character that is his limit.

Well they could improve on that. Show Sam as above your average man type. So far they havent really showcased him as anything other than a guy with wings.

Sam was able to kick some ass in Winter Soldier even without the wings. He's just not superhuman. I like that he's a regular kinda guy but can still lay a beatdown.

Well they could improve on that. Show Sam as above your average man type. So far they havent really showcased him as anything other than a guy with wings.

In most stories being special forces was good enough shorthand to say you were not just average. Assuming most of the audience knew who the USAF PJ's are. But I guess since every TV police squad has a special forces veteran serving in it that just doesn't cut it for viewers any longer.

In a world with three known stable super soldiers, Captain Rogers, Sergeant Barnes and King T'Challa and I suppose Deathlok, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones also if you bring MCU TV, then Sergeant Wilson is pretty special.

Last edited:
In most stories being special forces was good enough shorthand to say you were not just average. Assuming most of the audience knew who the USAF PJ's are. But I guess since every TV police squad has a special forces veteran serving in it that just doesn't cut it for viewers any longer.

So true! :funny: I seem to remember even Poltergeist: The Legacy had an 'ex-Navy Seal' on the team!

Maybe they can share it. Put 2 handles on that thing! ;)

:yay:

That said, I would vastly prefer "Don't kill Cap in the first place". Just because your coming to the end of phase 3 doesn't mean you have to kill people off.

But neither is it realistic that everyone survives the infinity wars..

The MCU isn't about realism. Its about legendry.

Also, the Infinity Saga has literal reality warping artifacts in play, I totally expect that a ton of people will die, and then be restored, before the story finishes.

Which to me would render their deaths (especially heroic sacrifices) meaningless if they can just rewind it all.

Imagine if Falcon were to end up having his own solo

It might be nice to see his backstory done.. Like say when he mentioned to Cap, in the Winter Soldier, he was a para-rescue operator..
Show the development of him and his team, and the suits they use.

That would be something if they actually did develop Falcon's backstory and turned it into a solo film with him having his own standalone in the MCU but would it be a hit with Marvel moviegoers though?

Honestly?

Sam is a lovable sidekick. We know very little about his relationships outside of Cap and co. An equally likeable Cap character is Bucky, but we have a whole dive into the Winter Soldiers and his life as that, we know girls he used to date, we've seen him take himself out of a fight and go through a technological and (spiritual?) journey of healing. Sam on the other hand has no arc. To try and expand Sam to a solo feature would be like trying to expand Wong to a solo character. As much as I love Luis from Ant-Man... I'm not really down for a solo with him, even if you gave him powers. Rhodey's the same way, they are fundamentally sidekicks, and while the MCU made them cool and lovable, it did not make them deep interesting characters in their own right. Contrast with how Thor Ragnarok handled Valkyrie, implying epic previous adventures, or how Black Panther handled it's supporting cast.

Honestly?

Sam is a lovable sidekick. We know very little about his relationships outside of Cap and co. An equally likeable Cap character is Bucky, but we have a whole dive into the Winter Soldiers and his life as that, we know girls he used to date, we've seen him take himself out of a fight and go through a technological and (spiritual?) journey of healing. Sam on the other hand has no arc. To try and expand Sam to a solo feature would be like trying to expand Wong to a solo character. As much as I love Luis from Ant-Man... I'm not really down for a solo with him, even if you gave him powers. Rhodey's the same way, they are fundamentally sidekicks, and while the MCU made them cool and lovable, it did not make them deep interesting characters in their own right. Contrast with how Thor Ragnarok handled Valkyrie, implying epic previous adventures, or how Black Panther handled it's supporting cast.
you're right they need to do way more with these characters

I wonder if it's simply they didn't want them overshadowing the lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"