• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Civil War Fly Like An Eagle...err...Falcon! - The Falcon Thread

One question - the original wings was a military experiment and during winter soldier , it was destroyed. When he showed up at the end of the AOU movie , he had upgraded wings and apparently in Civil war , it also comes with a redwing drone. Who did all those upgrades for him and gave him new wings ? Stark ?
More than likely.

One question - the original wings was a military experiment and during winter soldier , it was destroyed. When he showed up at the end of the AOU movie , he had upgraded wings and apparently in Civil war , it also comes with a redwing drone. Who did all those upgrades for him and gave him new wings ? Stark ?
Stark made them I believe.
I haven't seen the movie but I assume Sam would need new wings, Steve needs new shield and Bucky needs a new arm. Maybe T'challa can make new ones for them and give a nod to the comic where I believe he made Falcons wings. That would be cool. Who needs Tony.

I really really enjoy Mackie as Falcon. The use of the wings, how he was with Bucky... everything.
Bucky: "Can you move the seat up?"
Sam: "No."

I really really enjoy Mackie as Falcon. The use of the wings, how he was with Bucky... everything.
Bucky: "Can you move the seat up?"
Sam: "No."

That and...

the smile from both of them later, are easily the funniest parts in the Movie. It's so short, and subtle, but I and the rest of the theater easily gave it the biggest laughs there.

We need to throw more love Falcon's way. Mackie was once again great as a side character adn stole the show a few times with his action bits as well. I wrote about how he's the "Most Improved" Avenger in this movie

An eager wingman in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie's Falcon spreads his wings as a full-fledged member of the Avengers in Civil War.

Everything Sam Wilson does in his second main MCU feature is done with more confidence and a cool young swagger (read: like a brotha ����) that we've never truly had before in the MCU. Falcon also receives the biggest upgrade in the gear department. Using his wing-pack as a shield against enemy firepower, Falcons mimics the techniques of the film's lead and maybe even foreshadows becoming Captain America in the future -- like he currently is in the comics.

Full piece is here, check it out and let me know your thoughts on Falcon! https://makeittakeitmedia.com/2016/05/08/captain-america-civil-war-nba-awards/

He was great. He, Steve and Bucky are my favorite along with Loki and Hulk.
I like how he didn't treat Bucky with kid gloves like Steve does. It helped bring some of Bucky's personality out.

I have to give Mackie kudos for bringing it for CW. He had some great comic moments but he also was able to handle himself pretty well in the fight scenes. A 'buddy' movie with him and Bucky might have some serious potential.

Mackie was great once again. I really loved how they utilized his flight in the action scenes.

I'd love to see a solo Falcon movie in the future. Mackie is good enough to deserve his own movie imo.

A Falcon solo movie I can't really see that happening with Marvel

IDK I'm not his biggest fan tbh

Dude is just rocking hi-tech wing ; gets to wortk with Cap in TWS and acts like he is one of the most badass superheroes

Heck I'm starting to prefer Barton over him

IDK I'm not his biggest fan tbh

Dude is just rocking hi-tech wing ; gets to wortk with Cap in TWS and acts like he is one of the most badass superheroes

Heck I'm starting to prefer Barton over him

Falcon is badass.

I really enjoyed Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon. I'm still in awe of how they revamped the character and made him way cooler than he's ever been in the comics.

And turning Redwing from a bird to a drone was genius. Hope Falcon continues using Redwing in the future.

Either way I loved the fact that Sam had a bigger role this time around considering in Winter Soldier we didn't get to see him as much but here in Civil War we got to see a lot of him which was great

I'd love to see a solo Falcon movie in the future. Mackie is good enough to deserve his own movie imo.

Falcon works best as a sidekick. He's not getting and nor should he get a solo film. I still don't agree that Black Widow should get a solo film but whatever, we'll see.

Yes Falcon does work best as a sidekick but same could be said for Bucky too but at the same time the fact that Falcon doesn't treat Bucky with kid gloves unlike Steve who does it makes me respect Sam even more

These team-up films work well when you have main characters, secondary characters and sidekicks etc. It would be much more difficult with 12 main characters and leading heroes. Falcon works really well as a sidekick to me and was awesome in this film.

These team-up films work well when you have main characters, secondary characters and sidekicks etc. It would be much more difficult with 12 main characters and leading heroes. Falcon works really well as a sidekick to me and was awesome in this film.

I think that before he got Redwing, his abilities are more complementary to other superheroes, but with Redwing he can really branch off to be his own guy. And Mackie is just a super charismatic guy who has enough screen presence to really pull it off.

I'd be up to see A Falcon / Winter Soldier film Sam & Bucky have a good on screen presence as two friends of Cap with different point of views yet their underline connection is they both care about Steve .

I think that before he got Redwing, his abilities are more complementary to other superheroes, but with Redwing he can really branch off to be his own guy. And Mackie is just a super charismatic guy who has enough screen presence to really pull it off.

Redwing had certainly helped differentiate him and Mackie has made the most of this role. I'd definitely watch a solo but I don't know how popular it would be. Plus I'd rather see new big characters get intros with solos like Black Panther and Cap Marvel while Falcon hangs around and appears in a lot of films as a regular core team member. I loved his appearance in Ant Man for eg and that worked better with him than it would have have with a major player like Thor for eg.

It's a shame they don't produce One Shots anymore. I would pay good money for a Falcon/Winter Soldier one with just those two handling some problem together.

tumblr_ocwtb1KyTK1qjro97o1_500.gif

tumblr_ocwtb1KyTK1qjro97o2_500.gif

tumblr_ocwtb1KyTK1qjro97o3_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back