• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Fantastic Four: 3...Greenlit!

Okay, take your salt - I'll take more comic book films, whether they're from DC, Marvel, or other.

Since I want more, that means we need more quality to be released. Let's hope Marvel gets a good start with these two films this year.

yeah, I once heard a quote saying that they should let the Fantastic four rest, because even though they are superheroes they can't even save the movie adaptation of the comic of themselves. Is that harsh or what?

Who cares? They won't be as good as the comic book.

Norton will kill the Hulk franchise. Plus the Hulk CGI looks like dung. And Iron Man CGI looks like a cartoon. Plus isn't Iron Man just a ripoff of Batman?

Oh and no way can Ledger live up to the hype surrounding his final performance.

Get it? Live up.

Awwwwww... too soon?

:joker: :joker: :joker:

That's enough.....move on.

Well, then why do they complain? A comic book is different as portrayed on film. It's obvious they won't have the swoosh and bang!
But as far as the characters they want to include in these movies, it won't be enough.
So why try! You speak truth about Iron Man, I hote the fact they use the song iron man, so lame.

I wrote before I heard what you had to say Kel.

Who cares? They won't be as good as the comic book.

Norton will kill the Hulk franchise. Plus the Hulk CGI looks like dung. And Iron Man CGI looks like a cartoon. Plus isn't Iron Man just a ripoff of Batman?

Oh and no way can Ledger live up to the hype surrounding his final performance.

Get it? Live up.

Awwwwww... too soon?

:joker: :joker: :joker:

Well, it would be tough for any actor to deliver under the circumstances. Brandon Lee did pretty good with The Crow. We'll see what happens.

Iron Man might be a rip off, but it looks good. Norton might not be as good as Bana, but if the movie delivers with good content and action, it should do well.

Have a good night.

We should all back away from this thread for right now.

That includes you milkman your doing nothing here to help but provoke.

Your not really helping any.

Read what the mod said. No coming in here and flaming.

My point exactly, although I didn't mind the movies, and it's not the actors fault.

Wondering, if the films are going to be a trilogy? Like the ill-fated X-men.

Well... nuts.
I was looking forward to seeing this go on.

On that note, I still haven't given up on Daredevil.

What do you mean no green light? Did they change their minds and I was left out? what the heck?

well, I'm bummed - sure there was a lot I didn't like about either film, but I still supported it. the second film was actually decent, I wish they'd finish the trilogy with the crew that started it...

Just cause it's on the front pagre doesn't mean anything.

I just love how you people are jumping over all over this without giving it anytime.:yay:

It should mean something when one of THE STARS of the franchise says another movie isn´t likely to happen. There´s clearly work being done on the SS script, even after the writer´s strike we haven´t heard a peep on the third movie, and Fox has done that in the past, believe it or not, Elektra was supposed to be the continuation of the DD franchise.

Can´t say I´m surprised, can´t say I´m disappointed, at least considering the direction this franchise was given. Fox had an amazing franchise on its hands and blew it up on its cheap and "give no credit to the audience" approach. How they still managed to make two great X-Men movies, I´ll never know.

It should mean something when one of THE STARS of the franchise says another movie isn´t likely to happen. There´s clearly work being done on the SS script, even after the writer´s strike we haven´t heard a peep on the third movie, and Fox has done that in the past, believe it or not, Elektra was supposed to be the continuation of the DD franchise.

Can´t say I´m surprised, can´t say I´m disappointed, at least considering the direction this franchise was given. Fox had an amazing franchise on its hands and blew it up on its cheap and "give no credit to the audience" approach. How they still managed to make two great X-Men movies, I´ll never know.

Bryan Singer and his lack of 'studio interference' policy.

What are you talking about? The reason why we never saw the Phoenix fire, Sentinels, or the Danger Room in X2 was because the studio was being stingy. I can even cite an article that practically confirms that Rothman thought the first film was going to be a flop. If anything, it's a miracle that the first two were as good as they were with as much studio BS as Singer had to withstand during their production.

What are you talking about? The reason why we never saw the Phoenix fire, Sentinels, or the Danger Room in X2 was because the studio was being stingy. I can even cite an article that practically confirms that Rothman thought the first film was going to be a flop. If anything, it's a miracle that the first two were as good as they were with as much studio BS as Singer had to withstand during their production.

Yup.

Although I loved the first two and thought the third was alright. I would have loved to see what Singer would have done if Rothman hadn't held him back.

I wonder what the next FF film will be like way down the road. Will it be a redo of the origin or just a film that starts off with them with their abilities from the start.

I, for one, am glad they are putting this franchise to rest for a while. Just let time elapse and perhaps Marvel can get the rights back and do it right. FOX does not deserve the FF franchise, as they clearly do not value it. And these actors do not deserve this treatment either. I dunno...I have a bittersweet feeling about the whole thing. It's clear that the actors tried so hard, but without a studio really backing them, how could we possibly hope it'd succeed.

I still love this forum though...hope it stays around.

I, for one, am glad they are putting this franchise to rest for a while. Just let time elapse and perhaps Marvel can get the rights back and do it right. FOX does not deserve the FF franchise, as they clearly do not value it. And these actors do not deserve this treatment either. I dunno...I have a bittersweet feeling about the whole thing. It's clear that the actors tried so hard, but without a studio really backing them, how could we possibly hope it'd succeed.

I still love this forum though...hope it stays around.

Agreed. These movies could have been so much better.

Yes and I do guarantee it Fox will make another Fantastic Four movie. However clearly the SS movie comes first. It might not be Fantastic Four 3 though. It could be a restart picture down the line but Fox will not give up the rights and no way they can keep making Silver Surfer films forever to keep the FF rights. I suggested Fox got all of those actors on the "cheap" since they really were not big names or proven box office stars so they "should" take advantage of that and finish out their contracts with one more film. They have until 2011 to get it out with those actors. Fox will never give up these rights. Hell even if Silver Surfer failed they'd probably regroup and restart Fantastic 4 in some form. So if SS is 2009/2010. If they want the same cast they'd have to release FF3 in 2011, or they could wait until 2012-2013 to restart it at the latest without any other related films in between.

Yes i see what you are saying, but at the same time, if SS fails, Fox may just lose faith in the franchise, like they did with DD/Elektra. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I agree when they're in the minority but it's not only the fan haters but it's also the movie websites. Not just one but almost everyone. The box office went down from FF1 to FF2 and it was a superior film in most people's eyes. That trend coupled with the extreme negativity might be too risky when they can just do a SS movie now. What I wonder is if Fox's films are so poorly recieved and given so much negative attention is there something in the contract with Marvel that says if a studio damages the image of the characters then the rights revert. LOL

If ONLY that were true, god i would love X-Men to revert back to Marvel. BTW surely the DD rights will be going back to Marvel soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"