Fantastic Four a Hit for Cartoon Network!

lol. I grew up on the 70's and 80's FF comics, and there is a good chance I have read many more than you, but no big deal.

Actually. I have read all of them from FF #1 until the Civil War storyline they're getting into today. So, I think I have read just as many, if not more than you. And that's not even counting that I've read the Ultimate FF issues 1-5 and a few Human Torch issues.

So, don't talk down to me just because I'm younger than thou.

And, okay, I'm willing to admit that technically you could say it's flying, according to the dictionary descriptions generously provided by TripleF. But, all the same, Sue's been doing that in the comics. Since you claim to have read so many issues yourself, then you should know fully-well that she can do whatever she can put her mind to that applies to the properties of her powers.

Her powers are described as follows...

"The Invisible Girl/Woman possesses the psionic ability to manipulate ambient cosmic energy for the following effects. Can mentally bend light around herself without distortion to render herself invisible. Somehow, she enables light to penetrate her eyes so she can see while invisible.
Her body cells produce an unknown form of energy that she can mentally project around other persons or objects to render them invisible. Can use this energy to render visible persons and objects rendered invisible by other means, and energy that is normally invisible.
Her brain cells produce psionic force that she can project in relatively simple forms (rectangular planes, globes, cylinders, cones, domes, etc). Can mentally project protective force fields that are highly resistant to concussive force. Can travel through the air by projecting columns or disks of psionic force beneath her."

But, sure, if you'd like to think it's lame. That's fine by me. But Marvel came up with the idea long before this show was created. So, you can't pin the "lameness" on the cartoon.

I spoke to someone else and he is a major comics nerd, he told me that they have her doing that in the comics now as well. They have ramped up her powers in a major way.

If done in the comics or on the toon, it still sucks.

LongDong said:
I spoke to someone else and he is a major comics nerd, he told me that they have her doing that in the comics now as well. They have ramped up her powers in a major way.

If done in the comics or on the toon, it still sucks.

lol, ok. why are you here again? You've already said you aren't a fan, you pretty much only diss the Fantastic Four. So exactly what is your purpose here? to diss the Fantastic Four?

TripleF said:
lol, ok. why are you here again? You've already said you aren't a fan, you pretty much only diss the Fantastic Four. So exactly what is your purpose here? to diss the Fantastic Four?

So you think only those who like the show should discuss it?

LongDong said:
So you think only those who like the show should discuss it?

No actually I wonder, why you spend your precious time in a forum of something you see nothing positive about.

Honestly, according to your SN, it looks like you have other things in mind. Maybe you should spend your time enjoying those things. :yay:

LongDong said:
Yeah but the cartoon is horrible. I would rather they cancel it early than have it tarnish the movies image. If the cartoon does not get better some people "might" be inclined to avoid the film.

This is one bad toon.

i'm glad for the ratings success of the FF cartoon series on the Network
but as for the quality of it .... it's just as BORING and bland as they come

the Action is down right awful .... it's more stylish, artful work than anything else - IMO, it doesn't even compare to either one of the previously FF cartoon series ( '71 and '95 )

it does still show the overrall popularity of the FF in general , but
i can see it all go down by the end of it's 2nd or 3rd year.

:thing:

i think the only cartoon show people on here have liked has been justice league unlimited(of course it was very classy and grown up) so i'm not surprised people are taking a bash at it. it won't stop me giving it a chance when it comes the UK- i'm hoping its at least as good as the teen titans

Telekinetic said:
kinda saw it coming. this is just sad lol:wow:
Even sadder, they're putting it back on the schedule.

I think the whole cancelation message was just some stunt to get people to stop watching the show.Give it a chance,watch all 26 episodes,then decide if you dont like it or not.

i was dissapointed this happned. but at the same time i knew it was gonna be soon.

what ir eally wanna see is like xmen evolution a new series not just the upcoming wolverine cartoon.

I've watched only a few episodes, and it was pretty entertaining...

-TNC

I watch all the episode on youtube....the characters and animation are fine but the plots are so weak....I haven't seen a great episode yet

i tried to tape it this morning but all i got was fosters home for imaginary friends[ugh] whatsup withthat?

I like the show and think its gotten better since the first show

The New FF is great I love it, and it dosn't have a lame story like "The Bat Man"

There was a new episode today..."Strings" in which the Puppet Master returned.I think the rest of the episodes will be shown on Saturdays.

I hate Puppet Master. To me he is the lamest Villian ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"