Far Cry 4 Thread

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
This is the blurb from the PS Blog but its expected on the 360, X1 and PC as well

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/15/far-cry-4-coming-to-ps4-ps3-this-november/

Far Cry 4 for PS4, PS3

14001744448_9b51703905_z.jpg

Far Cry is back! We’re proud to announce that Far Cry 4, the latest installment in our critically and player acclaimed FPS series, will be available this year on November 18th in North America on PS4 and PS3.

Of course, you can expect the same unique, open-world gameplay that has set Far Cry apart from more traditional shooters. Far Cry 4 will be set in Kyrat, a breathtaking, perilous, and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic, self-appointed king. This is not your standard FPS. You will be equipped with a vast array of weapons, animals, and vehicles, and our highly detailed and interactive open-world will let players write their own story across an exotic and varied landscape.

Customers who pre-order Far Cry 4 receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition which includes Hurk’s Redemption, a series of three action-packed, single-player missions featuring the popular character Hurk from Far Cry 3′s DLC. The Limited Edition also includes Hurk’s signature harpoon gun called “The Impaler.” The pre-order is now available at all major retailers.

We can’t wait to show you more from Far Cry 4. Stay tuned on our Facebook and Twitter for the latest, and be sure to tune into Ubisoft’s Media Briefing at E3 for an exclusive first look at Far Cry 4. Kyrat awaits you.

Loved Far Cry 3, I literally terrorized those mercernaries in that game. Can't wait for this one to come out

Loved FC3. Doesn't this seem a little soon though? Feels like 3 just came out

Far Cry 3 was great, so I'm all for it.

Excellent news!

I only played the 80s DLC from Far Cry 3, but this one i will get.

I'm intrigued by the setting. That should be pretty damn cool.

Loved FC3. Doesn't this seem a little soon though? Feels like 3 just came out

Far Cry 3 came out at the end of 2012, so it's been well over a year and a half since it was released, and will be two years by the time this one is out. Plenty of time between releases.

I'll be interested to see how this turns out, I really enjoyed Far Cry 3.

As long as I no longer have to deal with friggin' sharks.. *shudder*

And just incase anyone doesnt think its coming for the other platforms, heres IGNs write up on it:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/15/far-cry-4-announced-for-2014

Im disappointed the game will be on 360 and PS3. I mean im not surprised, but I want more next gen only stuff.

I agree. As much as I don't want late adopters left in the dust I also believe they need to have reasons to upgrade. I'm fairly sure that Batman: Arkham Knight is the first and only BIG established 3rd party game that seems to be like "Nope. This is next gen only. Our vision can ONLY be done on next gen hardware."

I could be wrong.. but I think.

I agree. As much as I don't want late adopters left in the dust I also believe they need to have reasons to upgrade. I'm fairly sure that Batman: Arkham Knight is the first and only BIG established 3rd party game that seems to be like "Nope. This is next gen only. Our vision can ONLY be done on next gen hardware."

The Witcher III is gonna be next gen only, its not quite as big as the Arkham Series, but thats another where the devs were like, our vision can only be created with next gen. So we are getting there, slowly but surely.

The next Assassins Creed is next gen only and that's pretty big

True but they're also giving old gen an AC game.. Batman however is straight up "buy next gen for this."

True but they're also giving old gen an AC game.. Batman however is straight up "buy next gen for this."
But that has no bearing on Unity. It's going to be a pure next gen experience

So, I take it the little guy kneeling will be who we play as? Or could that just be a minion of the main baddie?

No telling.

I kinda hope they do the "select a merc" from Far Cry 2. I wasn't too crazy about the last guy

Not that I'm ripping on the game, it isn't the idea behind this new bad guy the same as before?

Self appointed ruler lording over the locals? That's what was up in Far Cry 3 right?

Leaked plot synopsis:

"Hidden in the majestic Himalayas lies Kyrat, a country steeped in tradition and violence. You are Ajay Ghale. Traveling to Kyrat to fulfill your mother’s dying wish, you find yourself caught up in a civil war to overthrow the oppressive regime of dictator Pagan Min.

"Explore and navigate this vast open world, where danger and unpredictability lurk around every corner. Here, every decision counts, and every second is a story. Welcome to Kyrat."

I'm eager to find out how much bigger than Far Cry 3 it will be.

I hope theres like some type of mountain climbing ability. Think it'd be pretty cool to scale a mountain in the Himalayas

farcryajay.jpg

Game's protagonist, Ajay Ghale. He's Asian.

Wonder what CVG has to say about this. Not exactly an "angry white guy" archetype.

Looks cool. Wonder what his back story is? Like how will they explain his ability to take down this war lord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"