Far Cry 2

Yea i dont doubt that, i guess i had this game tagged as more run n gun. Typically in run n gun games like Halo and CoD you dont really need a prone or fire rate feature as they just dont add much to the game. However in games like Rainbow Six, or Ghost Recon games that are designed to be played more tactically, switching a rifle to a single shot can mean the difference in a hit or miss. Plus iv always thought with these FPS games, the weapons need to act in an authentic way. In terms of how they reload, fire rates, damage and if they have different fire rates, but i can understand why detatails like those sometimes get left out.

This game seems to get better after every video. Can't wait to get it!

I've played this game for over twenty hours total, I'm only like 47% through the game so far, and I don't seem to be having any of the issues that kez is. In fact I would say that this, without a doubt, is my favorite shooter this generation, and possibly my favorite single-player shooter ever.

I haven't been "buttdrilled" due to lack of leaning, I don't think it's a big deal not being able to go prone because you can easily sneak passed your enemies without it (especially if you buy the camo suit), and most importantly I feel like I have all the freedom in the world to approach firefights the way I want.

You can go in stealthy and complete your objective while only firing a few whispered gun shots. You can be a sniper picking off people from great distance with some nasty explosives waiting for anyone who gets too close. You can go in guns blazing, grenade tossing, rockets firing, raining fire and brimstone, bringing hell upon your enemies and burning them to the ground if you so choose.

Do I wish I could lean, lay down, and change my fire rate? Absolutely. It would be nice. Those are very minor things, however. I do have my own issues with the game, though. The voice acting isn't bad per se, but sounds like Ubi was paying by the minute and they were running low on money or something. And I don't mind that the enemies respawn, I just wish they wouldn't respawn so quickly.

Of course this game isn't perfect, but then again what game is? Right now, I would give the game a very solid 9/10.

Also, kez, what kind of weapon loadouts are you using? Just wondering.

I haven't been "buttdrilled" due to lack of leaning

Was refering to stalker.

Also, kez, what kind of weapon loadouts are you using? Just wondering.

Flare gun, Dragunov, PKM atm.

I do have my own issues with the game, though. The voice acting isn't bad per se, but sounds like Ubi was paying by the minute and they were running low on money or something. And I don't mind that the enemies respawn, I just wish they wouldn't respawn so quickly.

Yea, along with the vioce acting the "buddy's" need more personality and more back story also, rather than just tapping "E" they could have implemented some more RPG's like mechanics for Dues Ex type conversion. The faction NPC's giving out missions have more personality than them.

The lack of loading is pretty impressive, it also runs like pretty well on a mid end rig, can max it out at 1280X1024 with X8 AA and X16 AF with about 35-40 fps on this one, looks sweet.

25ksfmx.jpg
i35iko.jpg
2lx8ftf.jpg

I hope more games other than farcry 2 use the Dunia engine in the future, it was specifically built for farcry 2 but it would seem pretty wasted if they only used it for one game. The game does have flaws but overall more type of games of this nature would be great. The alternate mission method is a nice feature. One problem I disliked was map, it's suppose to be more immersive that you actually pull out a map to look at rather than hitting "m" on your keyboard to bring up a map screen, but the map is like a solid piece of wood than a piece of paper and the objectives icon's make it feel more like a PDA. I still think they could have went further with it.

Last edited:
Was refering to stalker.

My mistake.

Flare gun, Dragunov, PKM atm.

Is the Flare Gun very effective? I've only played around a little bit with one I found and it seems like you would just use it to set fires.

Anyway, I currently usually go with the FAL Paratrooper, Silenced Makarov, and Rocket Launcher. For a stealthier approach I use the MP5, Grenade Launcher, and Dart Gun.

Yea, along with the vioce acting the "buddy's" need more personality and more back story also, rather than just tapping "E" they could have implemented some more RPG's like mechanics for Dues Ex type conversion. The faction NPC's giving out missions have more personality than them. The lack of loading is pretty impressive, it also runs like butter, can max it out with X8 AA and X16 AF with about 35-40 fps. The game does have flaws but overall more type of games of this nature would be great. The alternate mission method is a nice feature. One problem I disliked was map, it's suppose to be more immersive that you actually pull out a map to look at rather than hitting "m" on your keyboard to bring up a map screen, but the map is like a solid piece of wood than a piece of paper and the objectives icon's make it feel more like a PDA. I still think they could have went further with it.

I agree with most of what you said there, and I agree that the bit about the stack of maps you hold feel very "solid", but I think it's better than having your map flutter in the breeze making it difficult to read. Or even worse, they could have put in a "feature" of your map blowing away and you have to chase it down.:woot:

Anyway, I think there comes a time that if realism gets in the way of a game mechanic, then it's time to dial it back a little bit. Far Cry 2 is a game after all, and not a simulation.

I know it's frustrating when Game A has a really great mechanic that you want in Game B, but Ubisoft designed Far Cry 2 the way they did for a reason and I think they're happy with it and I know I'm happy with it even though I would love to see some of the things you've mentioned in this game. I think more RPGesque game features such as a good dialogue system is a natural evolution for this series so it may not be in this iteration, but I think as long is Ubi is developing then it's bound to be in Far Cry's future.

I definately am gonna pick this up on friday.

I have this game,and not sure what the heck is supposed to be going on,lol. I ve done a few missions for the guy at Mikes/armory,and maybe one side mission,but I can't seem to find more NPC to do missions for. I just seem to be just driving around and killing guys :(
Graphics are decent,and I do love the fires u can start with flares etc...Gameplay is decent,no real qualms with it. I really enjoy using the sniper rifle,just love picking off these guys from afar.

Are the online servers working? Every time I try to get on multiplayer it tells me the servers are unavailable.

I have this game,and not sure what the heck is supposed to be going on,lol. I ve done a few missions for the guy at Mikes/armory,and maybe one side mission,but I can't seem to find more NPC to do missions for. I just seem to be just driving around and killing guys :(
Graphics are decent,and I do love the fires u can start with flares etc...Gameplay is decent,no real qualms with it. I really enjoy using the sniper rifle,just love picking off these guys from afar.

You can find missions on your map marked with a "!".

I dunno, I might pick it up. I think it'll be for about $35 at bestbuy for BF.

I picked this up today and its really, really cool. I think its one of, if not the coolest FPS's iv ever played. I mean with all the freedom the game gives you, you just feel like you are in control. Just driving around is really cool because everything looks so good. Iv only barely scratched the surface of this, but so far im loving it.

So far i can only see two complaints that i have with this game. The first is that it feels as tho i cant go more than 50 feet without getting into a fire fight, just gets annoying, i mean im not part of either faction so why these ppl feel the need to shoot me every time they see me, i dont know. Also whenever you take an assassin mission, when you kill a target in a fire free zone, no matter how you kill the target, even if you are completely hidden and unseen, you have to fight your way out of the zone. I mean if i kill a target in the dead of night with my machette and no one sees me, the whole damn town doesnt need to be alerted. Other than those 2 complaints, i find the game to be really fun.

Hmmm. It sounds like a good buy.

I think it is. Iv spent about 6 or 7 hours in it and I'm at 28% completion. I just think its a really unique FPS experience. There is nothing like having a mission that calls for you to assassinate a target, then you wait till night fall, get you a few suppressed weapons, scout the location then accomplish your mission without anyone knowing you were even there. Really rewarding.

So far the only complaints i have is that i feel the enemies are just too damn tough, i mean it takes like 8 rounds to the chest for you to drop someone, i mean head shots drop em instantly but 3 round to the chest with a pistol while the enemy is wearing NO armor, should do the job.

I'm fine with tough baddies.

For some reason...I enjoy getting my ass kicked by the A.I., or so with COD4...strange.

Should I get the first game? Or does this one not have anything to do with the other one?

For some reason...I enjoy getting my ass kicked by the A.I., or so with COD4...strange.

Should I get the first game? Or does this one not have anything to do with the other one?

It doesn't have anything to do with it. It wasn't even made by the same people.

Well see, id agree, i mean i want the enemies to be tough as well, but not tough as in, "i can absorb 8 rounds to the chest before dropping". Thats not tough, thats BS. Still tho, that isn't a big enough problem to hinder the game, IMO.

Last edited:
It doesn't have anything to do with it. It wasn't even made by the same people.

I just meant that difficult games are not a problem for me.

Well see, id agree, i mean i want the enemies to be tough as well, but not tough as in, "i can absorb 8 rounds to the chest before dropping". Thats not tough, thats BS. Still tho, that isn't a big enough problem to hinder the game, IMO.

I see what you mean.

It looks interesting as hell too. How's the withering of guns work? I hear that guns will lower in condition and end up breaking on you and you'll need to dog bullets out of yourself as well.

I just meant that difficult games are not a problem for me.

I see what you mean.

It looks interesting as hell too. How's the withering of guns work? I hear that guns will lower in condition and end up breaking on you and you'll need to dog bullets out of yourself as well.

You asked if it was connected to the first one. :huh:

Oh, I thought he meant the COD4 comment.

I didn't know it was a completely new team working on FC2, though.

I remember people loving the first one, actually. But from all the cutscenes I've seen of it...it looked cheesy, on purpose.

Oh, I thought he meant the COD4 comment.

I didn't know it was a completely new team working on FC2, though.

I remember people loving the first one, actually. But from all the cutscenes I've seen of it...it looked cheesy, on purpose.

Yup it was ridiculously cheesy, it had pretty good gameplay and the technology used at the time was pretty impressive but yea it had a storyline that would make Uwe Boll proud. Crysis is more like a farcry spiritual sequel than farcry 2, farcry 2 shares more in common with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, I preferred S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky far more though.

Yea deff. As you use the guns, you can see them begin to degrade and they'll jam up and eventually break. The first time i had a gun jam on me, i was in the middle of a firefight and i had to take cover quick to fix the jam, really cool detail if ya ask me. Yea as for the digging bullets out, that goes with the health system. Once you take a certain amount of damage you have to perform a little impromptu surgery. Be it pulling a bullet out with your knife and pliers or placing your fingers back into place. Again, imo, cool little details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"