Favorite Batman fights

gqxsensazn

Civilian
Reaction score
Every issue has Batman fighting criminals, whether its the common thief or a super-powered villain. Are there any particular fights you've read in the comics that blew you away? Here are some that come to my mind.

- Batman vs. Superman (The New Frontier) I think I saw those images somewhere in this forum. It was the first time I saw Superman, despite his invincibility, getting nervous about the possibility of losing to a human being.

- Batman vs. Bane (Knightfall) Every panel was one more closer to the end, I remember getting upset as I read on

- Batman vs. Azrael (Knightsend) It was the fight everyone was waiting for: the original and best vs the insane.

- Batman vs. King Snake. I forgot what issue this was but despite King's reputation in the early 90s as merciless and powerful, he was no match for Batman.

- Batman vs. Sensei (Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul) Sensei broke Batman's arm, stabbed him with his cane, and Batman STILL wouldn't go down. Talk about determination!

These were just a few I could think of at the moment. Please share your favorites.

batman vs superman - the dark knight returns

batman vs superman - hush

batman vs the cult leader - cult - he just whoops his ass

I like when they show what goes on in Batman's mind when he fights people. Its cool when he predicts what Superman is going to do, it shows how well prepared and smart he really is.

Besides the 3 Superman fights that have been mentioned...

Bats vs. the SWAT team in Year One
Bats vs. Ra's in Hush

All I can think of right now.

batman v. bane-knightfall (it's good to see him lose every now and again, and even though he had nothing left in the tank he still tried to take bane down)
batman v. rouges gallery- the long halloween

batman vs. the green hornet (EVEN THOUGH IT HAPPENED IN THAT LOUSY, HORRIBLE, OH SO CAMPY TV VERSION)

Batman vs. Superman in Hush was essentially what brought me back to reading comics, so I have a soft spot for that one.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Batman's rematch with the Mutant Leader in Dark Knight Returns (the "mudhole/operating table" fight). That's a personal favorite.

Also, it's more of a chase than a fight, but I also really liked Batman vs. the Joker at the end of Strange Apparitions; the two of them up on a hanging steel girder in a lightning storm, with Silver St. Cloud looking on--that was pretty cool. And the artwork was just awesome.

Don't think I've read that one, have any scans?

Always liked the Batman vs. Superman fight of Hush

and the Batman vs. Superman fight from the New Frontier Special, that was awesome aswell

Batman vs. Nightwing in Batman:Murderer, even though it was a really short fight

Haha! You kids think Batman's a bad ass TODAY? You should have seen him back in the 70's! Gather 'round, and let Uncle Cap share a few hidden gems with you:

Batman vs The Arkham Inmates, from Batman #260 -
Batman-260.jpg

No, not Joker and those guys (although Joker and Two-Face DO appear towards the end)...this is just about two dozen average maniacs, And Batman mops the floor with them, using several different styles of martial arts. It was like a Bruce Lee movie on the printed page! :wow:

260.png

Batman vs Rex Giles, Kid Cobra, and Jaques Sato, from Detective Comics #454 -
Detective454.jpg

Three different fights in this one, each displaying Batman's skills in boxing, Savate, and even his analytical mind, which is often times forgotten by fans. This is one of my favorites.

These are two of my favorite Bat-adventures/fights, and can usually be found on Ebay. I highly reccomend them! :batty:

Last edited:
Batman Vs. Ra's Al Ghul- Detective Comics #840
Bruce Wayne Vs. Zsasz- Gotham Undeground (Don't remember what number.)
Batman Vs. The Third Batman- Batman #674
Batman Vs. Lex Luthor- Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (Not much of a fight, but still badass.)

Batman vs Joker in The Killing Joke

Brief, but perfectly illustrating both characters. Joker fights dirty. Batman fights with a mixture of precision and rage.

Batman vs Killer Croc in Arkham Asylum

Controversial, but I love it. Haunting and visceral (like the rest of the book) and a great representation of Man vs Monster. Never has it hit home better that Batman is but a man fighting against (often literally) inhuman beasts.

Bats VS Superman in Hush

Bats VS Superman in The New Frontier special

Bats VS Superman in The Dark Knight Returns

Bats VS Superman in The Dark Knight Strikes Again

Batman vs. Thugs in the Arkham City trailer.

Not comics, but deserves mention in ANY Batman fight discussion

Comics-
Batman vs. The Mutant leader (Round 2)- TDKR

Cartoons-
Batman vs. Bane- B:TAS "Over The Edge"

Film-
Batman vs. The SWAT team and The Joker's henchmen- TDK (A scene I don't think gets enough credit)

Batman vs Superman: Hush

Batman vs Sensei: Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul

Batman vs. Jason Todd/Red Hood: Under the Hood

Batman and Jason Todd vs. Captain Nazi, Hyena (I think..) and Captain Vertigo

Batman vs. SWAT team: Batman Year One Hundred and Batman Year One

Batman vs. Tweedledee and Tweedledum's new Wonderland Gang in Detective #841 (collected in Private Casebook)

I know there's more..I'm drawing a blank

The fight siding with Jason against Black Mask's high tech chronies from "Under the Red Hood" animated feature

Batman versus the Mutant leader in Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller.
1293519874cc14a58739886.jpg

Batman versus the Joker in Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller.
1293523263880b5667392dd.jpg

Batman versus Shaggy the werewolf in "Moon of the Wolf" by Len Wein and Neal Adams, originally published in Batman #255 (1974), and reprinted in Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams volume 3.
batman255020.jpg

batman255021.jpg

batman255022.jpg

batman255023.jpg

Batman versus Swamp Thing in "Garden of Earthly Delights" by Alan Moore and John Totleben, originally published in Swamp Thing #53 (1986), and reprinted in Swamp Thing Earth to Earth.
swampthing18xw.jpg

swampthing22bb.jpg

swampthing35fy.jpg

swampthing43zq.jpg

Last edited:
Batman's rematch with Bane from Detective #701 is another favorite:

nfo3kp.jpg

I remember reading this and actually being afraid for Bat's right before the fight started, lol...:yay:

^ Thats one of the first comics i read. I loved that Batman won, especially when i later realized how important this particular rematch was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"