Favorite random heroes?

BlackOpsTengu

Civilian
Reaction score
So, what are some of you guy's favorite 'non mainstream' heroes? The kind that's NEVER going to end up in a big Hollywood budget movie?

For average joes, I gotta go with Rick Flag and Deadshot. Rick is what I like to see in comic books, a normal guy, a soldier. But he's got enough guts to go into situations that are way, way over his head and most of the time, comes out with a way to win. The dude fought Female Furies the Goddamn Batman and crazy Islamic dudes with flaming swords. That's badass in my book. I'm really, really glad they brought him back.

Deadshot is just a maniac. Okay, so not really a hero, but he sure does a good job fighting bad guys! He's like those guys you hear about in war stories. The guy who just doesn't give a crap whether he lives or dies, and he's ultimately survived worse than most heroes go through. He's an odd mix of immorality and honor who just doesn't see the value of human life. The guy, in one of his first modern outings, kills a demon of Apokolips that demolished the Justice League (even though it was a crappy Leauge). And let's not forget, "how many times can you be shot before you die? *BLAM BLAM BLAM* *ARUGHA!* It's a lot." The man got dealt a crappy hand in life and his response? Just let em lie.

Will he fight next for the angels or demons? Aw screw it, just go with whoever's paying the most.

For super powered, tights wearing folks... I'm fond of Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. They're, again, just so out of their league, but they just keep trying. That's heroism for me. Not to besmirsh Batman and Superman, who I also really like, but you know at the end of the day they'll end up surviving. Not so with Ted and Michael. I predict Ted still has some stories left in him with various 'Classified' style stories.

I'm interested in getting Justice League Extreme just to see the extent of how 'badass' Ted and Mike what was probably their 'prime'. :cwink:

200px-EJ0.jpg

Yeah, looks corny as hell, but what can I say? It looks great! If nothing else than to contrast it with their "Formerly Known As The Justice League" and "I Can't Believe It's Not The Justice League!" selves. :p

1401203051.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Booster: Hey Cap?
Atom: Yeah?
Booster: Remember when we used to be badasses?
Atom: I still am.
Beetle: He probably means, 'badass in a relative sense'.
Atom: Screw this, I'm going to Wildstorm, peace out.

Don't bother with Extreme Justice. Just don't.

I've always liked "The Global Guardians". Alas we see them far too infrequently and they are usually poorly presented if the DO appear. I am also liking "Shadowpact". It's great to see characters like "Ragman" and "Nightshade" again after all these years !

There was nothing classic about Extreme Justice, pile of wank.

Captain Atom, Cassandra Cain, Connor Hawke, and Conner Kent were all favorites of mine. You can probably guess I'm not too happy with DC at the moment.

I'm still waiting for the Dibney Ghost Detectives to actually do something.

Ah. Extreme Justice. Yet another one of DC's attempts at pandering to the Marvel Crowd.
Only in the title. It wasn't very "Rob Liefeld EXTREEEEEM DOOD MULLET" at all.

It was a decent title, and it gets **** on way too much. It wasn't great, but it showed a Justice League with a bit more balls than the damn JLI, at least.

I think the Martian Manhunter is a really cool hero...he does so much and for some reason never really gets the acclaim that other top tier heroes get...I think he deserves to be in his own solo movie but most likely will never get one (unless you count him being part of the JLA project)

Oh yeah, and Vixen is a great supergal for the good guys. Tough, sexy, and has an interesting power set.

The Doom Patrol- I like that Grant Morrison made the Doom Patrol freaky, and I thought the twist in the end with Dr. Niles Caulder's involvement with the all of the Doom Patrol members was great. Is Morrison's run in continuity with the Doom Patrol? I thought the depiction of Rita as a grinning, insecure person in the Brave and the Bold by Mark Waid was not accurate compared to other depictions of her in the past. I like the subtle things like in the current JLA, they said that Niles Caulder was involved with the creation of their training room, "The Kitchen", at the Hall of Justice. And if you read the current issue of JLA, burglars break into Guy Gardner's storage rental and find memorabilia such as a sign stock car jacket that Cliff Steele signed, aka Robot Man.

Uncle Sam- I think his potential is something that has not been reached. I thought he was great in the first Freedom Fighters mini series, but the current arc is not grabbing me for some reason.

Wave Rider.
I loved Waverider. It annoyed me that he got killed in Johns' mass sacrifice to make dusty old Rip Hunter the only remaining time traveler. :o
Oh yeah, and Vixen is a great supergal for the good guys. Tough, sexy, and has an interesting power set.
I wholeheartedly agree. Vixen gets way too much unwarranted hate, and I don't even know why. Is it because she's basically a female Animal Man and people love Animal Man so they feel obligated to hate her for some reason? :confused:

Captain Atom, Cassandra Cain, Connor Hawke, and Conner Kent were all favorites of mine. You can probably guess I'm not too happy with DC at the moment.

Why... isn't Conner Hawke still alive and not a bad guy?

Not as of the last Green Arrow/Black Canary issue. Before that, he straight-up murdered a guy, too. Not necessarily bad, but we got absolutely zero follow-up to it, which is a big deal because Connor was formerly a monk and believed very much in the sanctity of life.

Not as of the last Green Arrow/Black Canary issue. Before that, he straight-up murdered a guy, too. Not necessarily bad, but we got absolutely zero follow-up to it, which is a big deal because Connor was formerly a monk and believed very much in the sanctity of life.

Maybe it was Dark Alley disguised as Connor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"