• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises Favorite Score of the Trilogy?

Shpati

Civilian
Reaction score
It is hard just to pick one, but I have to go with Macrotus from Batman Begins.

Runners up are Watch The World Burn from the Dark Knight. Very unique and I thought it fitted the Two-Face scene perfectly. It is like Two-Face's theme to me.

A Dark Knight and A Watchful Guardian from The Dark Knight are awesome ending scores.

No Stone Unturned, Introduce A Little Anarchy, Like A Dog Chasing Cars are really good, but they are somewhat similar to me, and I did not think it was fair to give a vote just to one of them.

The score when Bane was making his speech in front of Blackgate Prison

I'm guessing it was "The Fire Rises" Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Aggresive Expansion
Why Do We Fall?
Barbastella
Imagine the Fire
Why So Serious?

Those are my top 5 at the moment, but I enjoy all three scores so much that my favorites constantly.change. I could go on and name many more though its unnecessary so a top 5 seemed reasonable.

The score when Bane was making his speech in front of Blackgate Prison

I'm guessing it was "The Fire Rises" Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm sure that's the ending segment of 'Imagine The Fire'.

Impossible to say just one for me. From Molossus to Why Do We Fall... Amazing soundtracks to amazing movies.

Tough question. I think though that most of my favorites come from BB although both TDK and TDKR have some really awesome gems as well.

Molossus
Like A Dog Chasing Cars
Imagine The Fire
Why Do We Fall?
Saves Rachel (from the BB expanded score)

Overall, the BB score is my favorite, then TDKR, then TDK.

My biggest gripe with Zimmer is that he never gave us a clearly defined theme. For me it is Molossus, but ideally it would be a blend of Molossus, the middle section of LADCC with the horns, and the first third of Imagine The Fire.

By far The Dark Knight theme (or Watchful protector? is that what it's called?) whatever the theme is that played during the final montages of TDK and TDKR

Close ones are:

Agent of Chaos

The music that played with the Batpod chase sequence in TDK (present in all of the films)

On Thin Ice

Favorite score of the trilogy. NONE. All were disappointing scores.

TDKR's soundtrack is just full of epic. Though I'm disappointed that some of the awesome cues aren't in the films. Imagine the Fire, The End, Rise, Why Do We Fall?, On Thin Ice, Risen From Darkness, No Stone Unturned, The Fire Rises all just stunning.

If I had to pick one. It would probably have to be Imagine The Fire though a special mention to On Thin Ice mainly for the truly beautiful inclusion of a slow building Why Do We Fall? at the end.

I for one love the Ibiza-remix on the album, too bad that wasnt in the movie :(

I thought the scores especially for BB/TDK were "average" at best and could've been better given the talent involved. Probably b/c JNH had some involvement in those save them from being completely "mediocre". I thought Zimmer's TDKR score was the "worst" of the three scores based on what I heard in the film anyway.

Since most of you are talking about favorite tracks.

From Batman Begins:

Anytime the theme from the cue that plays as the Waynes are riding in the monorail is used. That theme is the best thing to come from these scores, imho.

The cue where Batman was infected by fear gas and lit on fire by Scarecrow.

Lasiurus was pretty good too.

From The Dark Knight:

Harvey/Two-face

Like A Dog Chasing Cars

As for the TDKR:

The music from trailer #4 of TDKR was the best thing from that score and it wasn't used in the movie.

Molossus and Gotham's Reckoning were my two favourite tracks. Although to be honest, there wasn't a single track that sucked. They were all great.

The trailer 4 music was freaking awesome. A huge huge huge shame that it is nowhere in the film.

Trailer 3 music was just pure awesome, spellbinding stuff.

Anytime the theme from the cue that plays as the Waynes are riding in the monorail is used. That theme is the best thing to come from these scores, imho.
That's Macrotus and yest it's pretty awesome.

It's a close one for me, but I'm giving it to what I consider to be THE Nolan Batman theme (and it's made even more obvious in TDKR that it's the theme by accompanying Batman's first appearance) - the music that kicks off the end credits every single time. The only official release it got outside of extended/bonus tracks/recording session leaks is near the end of Despair on the TDKR OST. Goosebumps every time for me - and ridiculously epic hearing it kick in as the title card smashes onto the screen.

Bane's theme is awesome. The same four beats over and over I swear is played for a solid 15 minutes in the film.

TDKR's soundtrack is just full of epic. Though I'm disappointed that some of the awesome cues aren't in the films. Imagine the Fire, The End, Rise, Why Do We Fall?, On Thin Ice, Risen From Darkness, No Stone Unturned, The Fire Rises all just stunning.

If I had to pick one. It would probably have to be Imagine The Fire though a special mention to On Thin Ice mainly for the truly beautiful inclusion of a slow building Why Do We Fall? at the end.

This. I've listened to Why Do We Fall so many times now. It's just incredibly moving stuff.

I went NUTS over the beat that played when John Blake storms the hospital to try to save gordon, with shotgun in hand... It's not the same score as Gotham's Reckoning, only the same beat, without all the background chants and what not..

Anyone know where i can find it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"