• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FIFA World Cup (Russia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great result for the Japanese team…considering how legit their kit looks maybe I should adopt them as my WC team this year.

It is a nice looking bit of kit. I prefer it to the Nigeria kit lol.

It is a nice looking bit of kit. I prefer it to the Nigeria kit lol.

:funny: I agree.

At no point in my life have I ever been cool enough to pull off something as out there as that Nigeria kit, sadly.

I really don't get the love for the Nigeria kit, to me, it's hideous.

It's the most eye-catching at the competition, for sure, but at the same time I'm not sure why 'loud' and 'colorful' equates to good and appealing.

Good win for Japan, I thought Colombia rallied well after a dreadful start and Falcao played quite well, but the lack of a fully fit James hurt them and to concede from a corner when you have such a huge phsyical advantage is weak sauce.

I feel like England lost confidence as soon as the dumb goal happened. Then Tunisa played deeper.

They need someone with more speed, more direct up front. Rashford or Vardy with Kane. Play Ali or Sterling, but not both.
Good call, and if they are going to be derailed so easily it doesn't bode well for their chances as set-backs are part of the game, at least they snatched a winner.

Sterling's goal record last season is offset by the amount of chances City create for him to miss before he scores one, he's not a striker either so I don't think he's a great fit in this system, I'd go with Rashford or Vardy partnering Kane as well, and in midfield I think Ruben Loftus-Cheek made a case for himself when he came on to take one of those AM spots, either from Dele who doesn't seem fully fit, or Lingard who has great movement but poor end product.

It's the most eye-catching at the competition, for sure, but at the same time I'm not sure why 'loud' and 'colorful' equates to good and appealing.

The best (i.e., one you wear as a supporter's shirt and it would 'pass' outside of a football match) would be the Iceland home shirt.

The best (i.e., one you wear as a supporter's shirt and it would 'pass' outside of a football match) would be the Iceland home shirt.

Yeah - that kit has some actual fashion credibility to lean on - the rest are all kind of the same stuff we've been seeing for the last 2-4 years, nothing really due catching.

Senegal score a deflected goal. Poor Polish guy whose foot it hit. Bad luck.

1-0 at half time.

Crazy morning so far. Red card, Japan with the upset, and now an OG.

And Senegal with a 2nd!

Oh man. That second from Senegal. The ref is going to get **** for that. :funny:

Proper defence and goalie F up there.

That's on the ref. They didn't even realize the player was on the pitch.

I had the sound almost off and wasn't quite looking at it at the time (at work now). What exactly happened? I saw the ball kicked back to the Polish defender and goalie and it bounced between them and the Senegal guy took advantage and took it off them and scored.

I had the sound almost off and wasn't quite looking at it at the time (at work now). What exactly happened? I saw the ball kicked back to the Polish defender and goalie and it bounced between them and the Senegal guy took advantage and took it off them and scored.
That is exactly what happened. The problem was, the Senegal player who scored was off the pitch getting treatment and was waved back on during the play back to the keeper. So the Polish keeper and backline didn't realize he was on the pitch.

Oh I had Poland as a sem-Finalist in my tipping game.. Ouch.

That is exactly what happened. The problem was, the Senegal player who scored was off the pitch getting treatment and was waved back on during the play back to the keeper. So the Polish keeper and backline didn't realize he was on the pitch.

Oh what a joke! Haha. Farce!

35768458_10156615022321617_7754125958969294848_n.jpg

Poland score now! 4 minutes left of normal time. Going to be a dramatic end to the game.

Got themselves one back. Come on Poland. A little justice.

Senegal win 2-1 Full Time

Egypt Russia now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz