Firefly's Fillion Moves into Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfly

Superhero
Reaction score
Taken from IGN.com

Firefly's Fillion Moves into Castle

New project for Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

US, April 25, 2008 - ABC seems to like Nathan Fillion. The Firefly veteran is currently on the network via a recurring role on Desperate Housewives, and now he's in negotiations for the lead role in a new ABC pilot, says the Hollywood Reporter.

The project is called Castle, and is a procedural in which Fillion will play a famous mystery novelist who helps the NYPD with their cases. The Reporter notes the project has a comedic tone to it, which should work well for Fillion's talents.

Cool another Fillion project this time lets hope its destined for success, ratings wise that is.

Nathan Fillion is the best! I hope this goes well!

Taken from IGN.com

Cool another Fillion project this time lets hope its destined for success, ratings wise that is.

Cool... Sounds like another Monk/Psych type of show. Should be good.

Cool news, & thank the Lord it wasn't F*X

Exclusive: Nathan Fillion's Castle Picked Up to Series by ABC

Yay! Nathan Fillion is heading back to series television! I've just gotten confirmation that ABC has picked up Nathan's pilot, Castle.
Written by Andrew Marlowe (the guy behind a little movie called Air Force One), Castle is the story of a mystery writer who advises the New York City police on particularly difficult cases. (Sort of like how after 9/11 the feds asked screenwriters to come up with the craziest terrorist scenarios they could think of, in hopes of being better equipped to deal with the possibilities.)
There's also a very credible report that Rob Thomas' Cupid do-over has been picked up to series as well. More on that as soon as I get it!
More Captain Mal Reynolds and quite possibly more Rob Thomas? Today is a very good day for TV

Linky:
http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watc..._exclusive_nathan_fillions_castle_picked.html

Here's the first promo pic for the show:
2q01t3c.jpg

I was hoping it would have a short of comedic approach like Monk or Psych.

I hope they don't go all dark drama.

A novelist working with the cops to solve cases actually sounds quite a bit like bones, if you ask me...

I was hoping it would have a short of comedic approach like Monk or Psych.

I hope they don't go all dark drama.

A few people saw the pilot since they have to see what the public likes, dislikes & one guy posted some of his thoughts on the show:
I just finished watching a promo first episode of the show (I watched the show and then got asked a bunch of questions about what I liked and didn't like). The show is almost more of a comedy than a drama (in the banter between Fillion and Katic), but the drama/comedy work really well together. Fillion's banter reminds me somewhat of House. For me, it seemed like the show was a cross between House and CSI, but more of a House feel. All of the actors do a really good job playing their characters and the major relationships (Fillion and Katic & Fillion and Quinn) work really well. I can't wait for this show to come to the TV:).

I'm recording this on DVR tonight, since I have a college class to attend. I'll share my thoughts on it tomorrow. With that being said, the previews seemed fairly funny, and they seemed to use Nathan Fillion's natural humor well.

I liked this show the first time I saw it, when it was called Murder She Wrote. Bring back Angela Lansbury.

I liked this show the first time I saw it, when it was called Murder She Wrote. Bring back Angela Lansbury.

I prefer the new twist, where the "helper" is not a writer, but has a great imagination also, as well as a hyper-insight into things. I think it's called "Psych". Or is it "Bones"? :whatever:

Who cares if the premise is a pre-used one? All the different versions of CSI and Law & Order all carried the same basic premise, yet all were successfull in their own rights.

Not to mention, I don't remember Jessica Fletcher ever having had to partner with an actual cop, who also serves as an antagonist, and possible love interest.

I can't stand people who are negative simply for the sake of attempting to display their "mental superiority" over the source material and those who might end up liking it. It's really easy to spot, as it usually tries to reference vague cultural or pop references as a counter, and doesn't usually bring anything of note into the discussion, aside from a new tangent for a pointless argument. :o

I'll give it a chance, because of Fillion. He's a decent actor.

There is absolutely nothing original about this show, but I will watch it because I dig Fillions style.

'Life' and 'Bones' are two favorites of mine....this seems similar but I will check it out

every other conversation in the commercials and previews are the same:

"What are you wearing?"
"My gun."

"You have any friends?"
"Yeah, one. My gun."

"What's your name?"
"Warren G. Harding. The G stands for GUN."

fillion is pretty amazing, so much so this looks watchable

If they can get some genuinely interesting cases along with some better surrounding characters, it might work. But I doubt ABC cares by putting it against CSI: MIAMI

Nathan Fillion is such a beast. I only gave this show a shot because of him and he delivered. Sure, the pilot was a little cliche, but it was so enjoyable. Looks like I finally found a show to watch Mondays at 10 pm.

Btw, that woman is so sexy. There is something about her...maybe her swagger? :heart:

Really. This show is now a "Can't Miss" for me.

:heart: Stana Katic :heart:

Nathan Fillion is such a beast. I only gave this show a shot because of him and he delivered. Sure, the pilot was a little cliche, but it was so enjoyable. Looks like I finally found a show to watch Mondays at 10 pm.

Btw, that woman is so sexy. There is something about her...maybe her swagger? :heart:

That's great to hear. :)

Looking forward to watching it, when I get home tonight.

Stana Katic = Former Bond Girl

It has potential to be a great show. DWTS is a great lead in though.

Just watched it.

Looks like I've got yet another "Must See" show to watch each week! :) Loved it!

I read nothing but bad reviews for this, but I watched it last night, and thought Fillion's charm and his interactions between him and the female lead helps hold the show together. And not once did I think of Mal Reynolds while watching it. Castle is just a great character for him, and I'll keep watching for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"