First Official Wanted Photos Online!

thank you, that's all i wanted to know. I never read the graphic novel either hunter rider, but i'm saying if you going to do something like WANTED you have to stick to the source material.

Source material often needs re working to work in a motion picture format.

I'm not saying there should not be changes for the movie....but IMO the redeeming qualities that should have been in the movie were the comicbook aspects and the twist that supervillains have beaten the superheroes and are controling the world behind the scenes....a pathetic loser not only finds out this other world exists...but he is connected to it. I agree with what you are saying...there is no way a studio would/could make an AUTHENTIC WANTED film, but this is the extreme opposite of that which, to me, is worse.

I understand, I respect that fans of the book are not happy and you are one of the few ive seen that accepts some changes needed to be made, I was just being upfront about my approach to this film given my dislike of the book.

I can see how being open to this movie is easier to someone who wasn't a fan of the book. Sometimes being a big fan of the source material can blind us from seeing that changes aren't always bad and sometimes a necessary step to bringing an adaption to the big screen....I just don't feel that this is really the case. I truly believe they have gutted this story and turned what could have been something fresh to the screen into just the same old thing we have seen over and over.

I just hate that they messed up, the look of the book, I thought wesley gibson costume would have been awesome on screen.

First Official Wanted Photos Online! [/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
Source: Empire
October 29, 2007

Empire has your first look at five official photos from director Timur Bekmambetov's Wanted, based on Mark Millar's explosive graphic novel series. The fantasy-thriller, hitting theaters on March 28, stars James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Angelina Jolie, Common, Kristen Hager, Konstantin Khabensky and Terence Stamp.

MORGAN FREEMAN is Professor Seltzer?!!! Angelina Jolie is Fox??!!! Who is that guy playing Wesley, he's at least ten years too old for the role! But.... MORGAN FREEMAN????!!!!!!!!

AHHHH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!

That is the [bleep]-ing funniest thing I have seen all day. I hope this movie crashes and burns so hard, it makes "Catwoman" look like a smash hit. If they're too scared to make a film about actual super-criminals, here's a clue: MAKE ANOTHER FILM.

This film should not be made! The general public simply could not handle the subject-matter, everyone knows that - so don't make it. But no - we have to absolutely rape yet another fine property in the hopes of making a profit. Whoever okayed that decision, live an "interesting" life.

2j1077p.jpg

wow!!!! with visuals like that, this movie should be AWESOME!

Interesting villian. Maybe they're keeping Mr Rictus for the sequels I occasionally hear about

Don't you think we are getting ahead of ourselves? I'm definately a fan of the GN Wanted, I thought it was original, exciting and very slick. Even if they do take liberties with the plot the film may still kick ass. Lets not call it crap until we've atleast SEEN it. BTW i loved Mr. Rictus.

Timur Bekmambetov is well known for being spontaneous and not sticking to the script.

Even common says that here
http://www.superherohype.com/news/wantednews.php?id=6422

He said himself he changed quite alot on the Daywatch film from the book.
Your never gonna get a direct adaptation from a guy like Timur Bekmambetov. He usually tones down the fantasy elements and pumps up the special effects.

Its a shame his leaving out the more superhero type stuff becuase thats would been what helped distance it from what the critics are probabley gonna call a secound rate matrix film.

MORGAN FREEMAN is Professor Seltzer?!!! Angelina Jolie is Fox??!!! Who is that guy playing Wesley, he's at least ten years too old for the role! But.... MORGAN FREEMAN????!!!!!!!!

AHHHH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!

That is the [bleep]-ing funniest thing I have seen all day. I hope this movie crashes and burns so hard, it makes "Catwoman" look like a smash hit. If they're too scared to make a film about actual super-criminals, here's a clue: MAKE ANOTHER FILM.

This film should not be made! The general public simply could not handle the subject-matter, everyone knows that - so don't make it. But no - we have to absolutely rape yet another fine property in the hopes of making a profit. Whoever okayed that decision, live an "interesting" life.

Overly dramatic... you are.

this movie looks wicked... i dont give a crap about the comic, as long as the movie is awesome

Overly dramatic... you are.

As someone who is a big fan of the miniseries this thing is spawned from, I don't think so.

As for the "let's wait and see before we throw stones" mindset, I can only say this: I have never one time seen "waiting and seeing" optimism borne out by a quality product in the end. We had a crapton of people saying the exact same thing about CINO, and look what happened there. We had another crapton of people saying it about S-M3, and look what happened there: at best, we have the weakest film of the series BY FAR, and at worst... I won't go there.

We see it in the comics forums all the time. What happens? the fans tend to be very correct in this type of call.

When the fans have a baaad feeling about this drop [™Private Frost, "Aliens"], it tends not to bode too well for the final product. But that's just my take.

As I recall, once Millar actually went through a list of who he would actually cast in these roles; this was in an old issue of Wizard, and I wish I could remember which one. I can remember this much though: that list bore no resemblance to what we're seeing.

Is Mr. Rictus even in this?!?! Everyone looks so damn normal in this movie! Does Wesley even wear the suit?!?

Is Mr. Rictus even in this?!?! Everyone looks so damn normal in this movie! Does Wesley even wear the suit?!?

No, only thing that bothers me as they were the only two things i liked in the book. lol

As I said before back when I started this forum. I just don't see how you can mess up a movie so easy to make. I mean the comic book was the script it's self and how they managed to **** it up is beyond words.

As I said before back when I started this forum. I just don't see how you can mess up a movie so easy to make. I mean the comic book was the script it's self and how they managed to **** it up is beyond words.

As I said before Timur Bekmambetov doesn't really follow scripts. He makes up stuff on a wim. Perhaps thats how they film in Russia?

As I said before Timur Bekmambetov doesn't really follow scripts. He makes up stuff on a wim. Perhaps thats how they film in Russia?

Yeah, there was another foreign director who did the same thing, what was his name again? Oh yeah, PITOF!!:cmad:

Granted, Wanted could end up being a good action film in its own right, as Bekmambetov comes off like a far better director than Pitof, but it just seems like a real wasted opportunity to me. The whole concept of the comic was exactly what comic book films could use right now. The way this film has been described from day one, it seems to want to be as vague as possible about the character motivations, so as to ignore the fact that EVERYONE in Wanted was a straight-up villain, even Wesley. That was the point!! It would have been a nice change of pace from the usual comic books that have heroes and at the very least anti-heroes for someone to say, "oh, there's a good guy in there somewhere!" Something tells me the movie isn't going to end with Wes sticking his tongue out at the camera saying, "This is the face I'm gonna make while I'm f***ing you in the ass!"

The pics do look great, but I don't see one aspect of the graphic novel in any of them.

I find it funny whenever someone says that a film like WANTED couldn't ever be made because of 2 reasons..

1) these are the same people who like Quentin Tarintino
2) Comments like that lead me to believe they have absolute ZERO imagination.

I'm a fan of quentin tarantino and wanted could have been easily made into a film the same it looked like it did in the comics.

I find it funny whenever someone says that a film like WANTED couldn't ever be made because of 2 reasons..

1) these are the same people who like Quentin Tarintino
2) Comments like that lead me to believe they have absolute ZERO imagination.

1) I don't like Tarantino
2)It could be made by a studio willing to take a loss on a big budget NC-17 movie unless you completely retool Wesley, tone down the blase' violence and the pointless cussing.

2)It could be made by a studio willing to take a loss on a big budget NC-17 movie unless you completely retool Wesley, tone down the blase' violence and the pointless cussing.
Rated R works just fine. I don't see anything in the graphic novel that would even warrant NC-17. After seeing what they get away with in the Saw series, Wanted can definitely be translated faithfully without any rating worries.

Rated R works just fine. I don't see anything in the graphic novel that would even warrant NC-17. After seeing what they get away with in the Saw series, Wanted can definitely be translated faithfully without any rating worries.

I wasn't meaning the cartoonish gore, I was talking about the attitude towards rape and murder that is all over it, not dissimilar to Natural born Killers.

On the side though, you need money to do the action and in order to recoup you have to have a character that the audience outside the few fans of the vook will empathise with, Wesley is a scumbag in the book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"