First Official Wanted Photos Online!

I wasn't meaning the cartoonish gore, I was talking about the attitude towards rape and murder that is all over it, not dissimilar to Natural born Killers.
Well I don't even know if that's enough to make it NC-17 though. Was it ever shown in the book? Even if it is, it can still be shown in the film in a not so overt way.

On the side though, you need money to do the action and in order to recoup you have to have a character that the audience outside the few fans of the vook will empathise with, Wesley is a scumbag in the book.
Well his "life" before the truth was revealed to him can be very relatable. That and the mentality of just saying "f--k you" to the world and doing whatever the hell you want (knowing you'd get away with it). That's something almost everyone can understand I'm sure.

Well I don't even know if that's enough to make it NC-17 though. Was it ever shown in the book? Even if it is, it can still be shown in the film in a not so overt way.

There are several ppl killed in a casual manner just for the "fun" of it, the rape i don't think is ever drawn, just the aftermath.

Well his "life" before the truth was revealed to him can be very relatable. That and the mentality of just saying "f--k you" to the world and doing whatever the hell you want (knowing you'd get away with it). That's something almost everyone can understand I'm sure.

A select few may get off on such an Amoral premise but most don't empathise with someone, who just b/c they are a loser, goes around murdering and raping for fun. I read the book and kept waiting for the moment where he realised how wrong it was, instead when i finished i just felt like i'd wasted my time and money and promptly gave the book to my friend who hated it and gave it back to me to gather dust.

There are several ppl killed in a casual manner just for the "fun" of it, the rape i don't think is ever drawn, just the aftermath.
Well ok, then what's there to worry about? People getting killed (even for no reason) is shown all the time in film. Nothing new there.

A select few may get off on such an Amoral premise but most don't empathise with someone, who just b/c they are a loser, goes around murdering and raping for fun.
They may not sympathize, but I don't think that's necessary. As long as the audience can understand (not agree) what Wes is, that should be enough. If a film's success with audiences layed upon morals, we'd see a lot more failures.

I read the book and kept waiting for the moment where he realised how wrong it was, instead when i finished i just felt like i'd wasted my time and money and promptly gave the book to my friend who hated it and gave it back to me to gather dust.
Heh, that's actually what I loved most. During the whole "apology" part at the end, I was almost angry at how this seemed to be a huge cop-out. I was pleasantly surprised though when Wes basicaly said "f--k it" and moved on with his life, without a care for the damage he has done. That's refreshing. :D

Well ok, then what's there to worry about? People getting killed (even for no reason) is shown all the time in film. Nothing new there.

PPl die in movies but not just slaughtered by the lead character for fun. Wasn't Natural Born Killers banned at one point before it got an NC-17 ? Wanted is just the same.

They may not sympathize, but I don't think that's necessary. As long as the audience can understand (not agree) what Wes is, that should be enough. If a film's success with audiences layed upon morals, we'd see a lot more failures.

It's an action movie that costs a lot of money, I don't think for a moment ppl would be interested in a film with no one to care about or invest in as the lead character, Anti Hero is one thing, total ******* low life is another.

At the end of the day we will never know b/c it's done now but the type of character Wesley is only works in an indie environment, not a one that has to attract the mainstream to recoup the massive budget needed for the action.

Just saw the trailer, it looks good, but they make it look as if Angelina jolie is the main character, I'm guessing because she's a bigger name than McAvoy

4l8bqfq.jpg

67yaxds.jpg

4zltonb.jpg

5ze409d.jpg

4xykf95.jpg

6ag6a1h.jpg

As far as the violence goes it can be shown...look at saw etc...

And as far as the whole "the audience needs a character to.." excuse I never once bought that for a second. Look at films like NBK, or Saw/Hostel, Fight Club, Sin City etc....there is a laundry list of movies out there where the lead characters are pretty much bad guys and scumbags and audieances loved those.

Also there is the whole fact tha ta film like wanted would be seen as an ORIGINAL FRESH idea.

^^^Those films cost a fraction of what this cost and in Sin City Hartigan was a good guy.

I would actully like a movie with a bad guy that actully wins for a change. Just to shake up the tree of conventionality a bit.

good to have a film with evil verses eviler villians. Just becuase you you don't have cookie cutter good guys doesn't and your rooting for a villian doesn't mean you are immoral.

Why because it looks more like an angelina jolie movie than a McAvoy pic, which it should be.

Actually the only "good guy" in Sin City was Jessica Alba's character. While yes Hartigan was a "good cop" he still had immoral thoughts about Nancy didn't he? (and they banged to right?) Add to the fact that they played it very serogat father/daughter and that adds another level.

Basically everyone except Nancy in Sin City is either straight up bad or has some sort of shady part to them.

Now that movie went on to become popular as hell and bank a bajillion bucks...but hey, if you want to believe a movie about bad guys wouldn't work, be my guest.

I would go see a movie about bad guys, if you agree give the thumbs up :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"