• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

For Political Lovers: If you were to run for president what would be your platform?

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
Well i know there some posters who love politics around here, so i decided to create this thread for you guys.

some of you have been pretty enthused about you political views and pretty much stand by them,some of you even criticize the president's actions towards the Iraq war and feel pretty much against it. now heres your chance to show us your views in handling American interests.

I'd bomb all the places that looked at me funny.

And since they look at everyone funny, the first would be Quebec. The rest of Canada would thank me, I'm sure.

Probably find additional ways to limit gay rights somehow. I'll also do something against blacks and muslims to kind of hint that I don't like them but not necessarily look racist. That's it. This should get me elected.

Put my money where my mouth is.

No level of government would be allowed to vote themselves a raise. If the economy improves for a given area the government employees in that area can get a raise of the same % as the economic emprovment... if the economy degrades they get a decrease of the same %. This goes for every part of their salary / benefits, be it retirement, office expenses, whatever.

I'd run on the Constitution Ticket. This means I'd run on the idea that people should be self-sufficient and that they have rights which cannot be seperated from them.

I'd withdraw our forces from around the world and take up a defensive stance here. I'd end ALL unnecessary spending (like 1.3 billion to Egypt's military every year, raises to the do-nothings in Congress, giving perfectly healthy people money to lay around on their butts etc.) I'd end militaristic inteventions in the manner that we've run them since WWII. Instead, I would let EVERY nation know CLEARLY that we are no longer anyone's big brother or caretaker. We will NEVER get involved in regional peacekeeping or in piecemeal strategic takeovers. No, instead, if you engage us enough for us to have to resort to military intervention, then we will start by completely destroying your military strike capacities. If that doesn't work, then we will destroy your infrastructure, your hospitals, we will kill your kids your parents your neighbors and then we'll leave you to rebuild your own damn sesspool.
That ought to help the whole world be good neighbors to us and allow us to get on with building a stronger nation.

Common sense ticket FTW! :up:

• Get our asses out of Iraq and create a non-interventionist policy.
  • Socialized health care for all citizens.
  • Socialized electricity for all citizens
  • Make English the official language of the country, require all immigrants to be fluent in English and the equivalent of a high school degree. Also, only a certain amount of immigrants are permitted in every year.

I want to go into Kritish's fantasy world.

Eliminate all congressional salaries! The majority of these guys are already indipendently wealthy, so they can afford to lose their paychecks. This sould help get all the big money out of politics and put people in there who actually give more of a damn about the counrty, than their own wallets. Then use all the money we save from not having to pay the guys, and fund a health care system.

Socialized anything is a crock of crap.

I get to observe socialized medicine EVERY DAY in Tahlequah Oklahoma-- It's what the Feds have set up for the Tribes. Yeah, you don't pay for it in $ as a patient... you pay for it in 7 to 12 hour ER waits and the WORST Doctors available. The good ones tend to work where they can make money.

Having seen it daily... really, trust me, YOU DO NOT WANT SOCIALIZED HEALTH CARE. But I GUARANTEE that most of the people talking it up in DC will retain their own personal physician. It's you and me that'll get stuck.

Socialized anything is a crock of crap.

I get to observe socialized medicine EVERY DAY in Tahlequah Oklahoma-- It's what the Feds have set up for the Tribes. Yeah, you don't pay for it in $ as a patient... you pay for it in 7 to 12 hour ER waits and the WORST Doctors available. The good ones tend to work where they can make money.

Having seen it daily... really, trust me, YOU DO NOT WANT SOCIALIZED HEALTH CARE. But I GUARANTEE that most of the people talking it up in DC will retain their own personal physician. It's you and me that'll get stuck.

Socialized health care sucks so hard that most of Scandinavia uses it, and according to the UN they have the best systems in the world. :csad:

Socialized health care sucks so hard that most of Scandinavia uses it, and according to the UN they have the best systems in the world. :csad:
Well HOW could I argue with the UN? They OBVIOUSLY know what's best for America.:whatever:

Why on Earth would I believe the evidence of my own eyes if it conflicts with UN pontification?

"I love lamp."

-Vote for Mee in '08!

Well HOW could I argue with the UN? They OBVIOUSLY know what's best for America.:whatever:

Why on Earth would I believe the evidence of my own eyes if it conflicts with UN pontification?

I hate to break it to you but the Feds don't give a rat's ass about Native American affairs. They never have.

It's foolish to think that the same government that can create the most powerful nation on Earth can't provide medical care for it's inhabitants. Heaven forbid the government do something for the people once.

to put the country back on path to that envisioned by the founding fathers. decentralize the federal government, return power to the states, stump for the repeal of the 17th amendment, and abolish/shut down a laundry list of government agencies including the dept. of education, irs, and fcc.

Congratulations, you've made Celldog look intelligent. States right's are a relic from a naive past, America would become a third world nation with a federalized government.

Get over the Civil war, you lost thank god. :down:

Well i know there some posters who love politics around here, so i decided to create this thread for you guys.

some of you have been pretty enthused about you political views and pretty much stand by them,some of you even criticize the president's actions towads the iraq war and feel pretty much against it. now heres your chnace to show us your views in handling american interests.

well for one, id pull out all American troops and bring them home, id than establish a treaty with all other territory's, id try to settle the differences with reasonable negotiations, id than try to push for the development of newer fuels and better ecological sources of power, to help slow down the oncoming effects of global warming.

and really just try to better the world, no fighting, we solve it other ways, no death no bloodshed, no mistakes.

Socialized Medicine-Think about all those pharmaceutical corporations that offer financial incentives to individual doctors to push new medicines.Now take that money on a national level to these under staffed under funded hospitals like VICTORVONDOOMX was referring too.

I'm interested in Kritish's plan for socialized Electricity tho.How would that all work?

Socialized Medicine-Think about all those pharmaceutical corporations that offer financial incentives to individual doctors to push new medicines.Now take that money on a national level to these under staffed under funded hospitals like VICTORVONDOOMX was referring too.

I'm interested in Kritish's plan for socialized Electricity tho.How would that all work?

Sweden has it I believe, government owned power plants that provide electricity. People have the right to be able to heat and light their homes. :down:

I would say I'm a new kind of liberal. My opinions and positions land me on the liberal side, but I dont' believe in making decisions based ideoligical lines, except for one.

We treat life as if it were sacred. When it comes to that, I will always think along ideaoligical lines.

As many of you know I have a plan for world peace, which if the government were to announce, I believe it could not be announced untill AFTER we have had a president who has at least somewhat restored America's image.

I would also make it known that I'm not messing around with lobbyist or pansy ass energy plans or budget plans. I'm getting serious, and I'm not catering, not even to liberals, whom most of would disagree on my position on abortion which I believe should be limited to the first trimester.

For myself a platform would be difficult to establish because of the current environment of politics. My world peace agenda would be difficult because America is so hated right now, and it would be viewed as conquest rather than liberation, even though my plan would not consist of a single war.

I sometimes wonder about howard Dean. I know most of you say it would be crazy for him to run again. but I can't help but have that "what if" feeling. Is it possible that America would say "You know it was kind of stupid for us to hold that scream against him."

clearly you are a product of government schools. i hope you never have children.

That's nice, and I hope you learn to capitalize and punctuate so people don't realize your ignorant southern trash. :csad:

Sweden has it I believe, government owned power plants that provide electricity. People have the right to be able to heat and light their homes. :down:
Yes, it's called working for a living. That's how we secure that particular right. It isn't through Mommy big government. Your views on all of this are rather simplistic and reveal an "as told to me by" nature.

it is the ignorant masses - you included - that willingly cede their rights and the rights of their states to a centralized federal power. we are a constitutional republic - a federation of fifty sovereign states.

Actually, I want a more Federalized government, states get away with direct violations of the constitution all the time. I hate to break it to you but your precious founding fathers weren't infallible, most of them were just pissed off slave owners who hated high taxes.

if we are gonna get any ware with any of our ideas, the government has to be over thrown first, their a bunch of power hungry ignorant bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"