• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Homecoming For the new Spider-Man film: Actors you'd bring back/roles you'd recast!

BatmanVSuperman

Gothopolis
Reaction score
Just for fun, if anyone wants to contribute. Say you could make the new film in an impossible way:

A new franchise with some of the actors you think owned their roles, and recasting certain roles with someone new.

I would bring back Andrew Garfield for Spider-Man. Right now my second choice would be Highmore.

I would bring back Martin Sheen for Ben Parker.

I preferred Aunt May from the original trilogy cause Sally Fields looks so danged young for her age :) However I would recast this role. Mary Beth Peil could own the role, not sure if 74 is too old with a new franchise..Although Sheen is 74 himself. :shrug:

I would also recast Harry Osborn. Franco has been my favorite thus far, but I don't think the part has been nailed yet.

I would recast Norman Osborn as well. Dafoe was good, but I'd like to see another take on this. Kevin Bacon would be interesting for this part.

I wasn't a big fan of what Jamie Foxx did with Electro. It was all too predictable and mundane. Recast it!

Lizard was done pretty well, so I'd bring back Rhys.

Doc Ock was played rather well in Spiderman 2 (my favorite of all the films, though TAS is close) I'd bring back Molina for that role.

Dunst was MEH Jane, not Mary Jane for me. Recast!

Gwen is dead, so can't recast. But yo, Emma call me!

That's all for now :D

QtcuWcJ.gif

:hehe: Ok, just this once.:oldrazz:

I don't think the mods will be quite as excepting,since this is bound to turn into "Andrew izz spideY 4 eVer!!11!" thread. :woot:
:hehe: Thanks :p Totally not my intent to make it an Andrew must come back thread. I liked him for the role, but accept that there are other good options out there.

I think it has the potential to be a fun thread. Since this is fantasycasting, I`ll ignore the MCU rules and just throw actors around:

Here`s my list.

Recast:

Peter - Current favorite: Dylan O`Brien

Uncle Ben - Current favorite: Bill Murray

Harry - Current favorite: Freddie Highmore

Norman - Current favorite: Jason Isaacs

Bring back:

Sally Fields as Aunt May (just dye her hair white, or stop dyeing it black)

Alfred Molina as Doc Ock

Colm Feore as the Vulture/Adrian Toomes (He previously played Donald Menken)

Paul Giamatti as Kingpin (he previously played Rhino)

JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson

Out of the previous movies Simmons for JJJ, Molina for Ock, and Stone for Gwen. I'd say Rosemary Harris who was flawless as Aunt May, but she's getting on a bit now even for Aunt May.

I would bring back Simmons and as much as the original Bugle staff I could get. I would certainly consider Molina for Ock. I thought about Dafoe, but the way his story played out in the original trilogy I think he would be too much of a distraction. Recast the rest.

Bring back the whole Bugle staff and continue to use the Flatiron building as the DB location.

latest

Whoever decided to use the flatiron building is brilliant.

You definitely bring back JK Simmons, without question. If Judi Dench can play M in two separate Bond continuities, Simmons can do it with J Jonah Jameson.

I would like to have seen Chris Cooper actually get to play Norman rather than just dying in a bed.

I'd prefer it if none of the actors had returned seeing as this is going to become a new brand and direction for Marvel, one that will meticulously fit into their movie plans. Plus, I know it would confuse the general audience (and me too!) and lead to too many comparisons being drawn to the previous 5 films. There's no need for returning cast members, as great as they were.

Bring back the streets of NY as the primary location for shooting the film. No more LA, Pinewood, Chicago, or fricking Maryland as a substitute.

Actors I would bring back

Emma Stone as MJ

JK Simmons as JJ

Bring back the streets of NY as the primary location for shooting the film. No more LA, Pinewood, Chicago, or fricking Maryland as a substitute.

And this time they should really take advantage of filming in New York. It took me multiple viewings to realize Peter and Gwen were on the highline in their date scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"