Movie Roles that would have been amazing if someone else was Cast

nolan's roll'n

Superhero
Reaction score
To me, Heath Ledger did well in TDK but in a perfect world Sean Penn would have been playing the Joker. I was watching The Game yestarday night on tv and it struck me of the similarity of how bad they resemble each other, he was just made for the character. This isn't a perfect world, but it's close. It's a shame, that he's getting older now, like Hamill is now for the bat-universe and considering retirement. Penn probably is a little old now for the Joker, but sometimes I just sit down and think, what could have been..........:csad:

Who knows maybe he'll get cast if Nolan decides to recast The Joker for Batman 3 but we all know how Nolan picks actors to play villain roles in batman who are not as common and well known to the audiences.

Your suggestions?

Who else do you think could have been cast in a role from a film and would have been amazing in it, and would have done better than the one who was actually casted in the film.

Norton in Batman and Robin as... I don't know... Anyone.

Because seeing how things went down with TIH he'd have killed Schumacher and driven around the lot with him as a hood ornament... making for addition via subtraction.

Guy Pierce would have been a great Harvet Dent (Need proof? Just Watch LA Confidential)

If Constantine was in any way true to the source material, Marc Warren would've been the perfect John.

The FF movies had a lot of problems but the casting of the team was spot-on, except for Sue. Alba was just wrong for Invisible Woman. Elizabeth Banks or Naomi Watts would've been much better. Now, both are too old for the role.

Also, although i don't think he would been BETTER per se, I think Terrence Stamp would've been a more comic book faithful Magneto.

Guy Pierce would have been a great Harvet Dent (Need proof? Just Watch LA Confidential)

If Constantine was in any way true to the source material, Marc Warren would've been the perfect John.

The FF movies had a lot of problems but the casting of the team was spot-on, except for Sue. Alba was just wrong for Invisible Woman. Elizabeth Banks or Naomi Watts would've been much better. Now, both are too old for the role.

Also, although i don't think he would been BETTER per se, I think Terrence Stamp would've been a more comic book faithful Magneto.

Yeah I pretty much agree, right here.

I must say that you're giving bad examples. Heath and Aaron were perfect in their roles, and Penn would definetly be miscast.
Alba in Sin City and Holmes in Batman Begins are to me 2 examples of miscasting in great films. Dont know who to replace them with. Rachel was a lame character and I dont think anybody could have done a much better job than Maggie.

Tatsuya Nakadai as the young samurai in Seven Samurai.
Heath Ledger as Colin Sullivan in The Departed

Cary Elwes should have been Robin Hood in RH: Prince of Thieves; he would have been perfect against Alan Rickman's brilliant Sheriff of Nottingham. Instead, he had to settle for the Mel Brooks parody film.

Someone brought this up in another thread, but Heath Ledger would have made for a great Anakin Skywalker.

Leonardo DiCaprio in Gangs of New York doesn't have enough intensity for the role, IMO. It needed someone like Christian Bale.

Someone who's not as bland as Orlando Bloom could have made more impression in Kingdom of Heaven and Elizabethtown, but those aren't great movies anyway.

Katie Holmes is miscast in Batman Begins, but Rachel Dawes is one of the most useless superfluous characters ever anyway.

Sean Penn as the Joker? Sorry but No IMO Heath did an Awesome Job and he was the best Joker I've seen.

Kate Bosworth was a terrible Lois Lane. I dont know who I would've wanted to replace her with back in '06, but I think just about anyone would have been an improvement.

Jude Law as Joker in TDK woulda been amazing.

Kate Bosworth was a terrible Lois Lane. I dont know who I would've wanted to replace her with back in '06, but I think just about anyone would have been an improvement.

Yeah, I can agree there. I was talking about this in another thread, that she needed to be replaced as Louis Lane.

Joseph Gordon Hewitt replaced Tobey for Peter Parker/Spiderman

Agreed, her and Spacey were pretty miscast (despite any praise).

Spacey could of made a great Luthor. He was good at what he was given but he still clung to Hackman.

Look at Spacey in the Usual Suspects for God's sake. Like Luthor in the sense to be able to manipulate people in a way he does the best.

Someone brought this up in another thread, but Heath Ledger would have made for a great Anakin Skywalker.

That was me. :o

But Ledger and Eckhart were perfect. People are really only looking at them in terms of looks. Penn is uninspired and too much of a safe choice. Nolan stuck to his guns and went in a different direction and knew what he was doing.

I do believe Ledger was considered for Colin in The Departed. I wonder how that would of went.

Joseph Gordon Hewitt replaced Tobey for Peter Parker/Spiderman

It happened? Link please?!

Or you wanted it to happen, because I did too and I think a majority of us on the hype boards would agree to that as well.

It happened? Link please?!

Or you wanted it to happen, because I did too and I think a majority of us on the hype boards would agree to that as well.

No thats what I want to happen...The guy is a acting genius and needs a big blockbuster movie to actually get the acclaim he deserves. Hes currently where Heath was few years ago in status....He needs a movie like 300 for him to make him famous to the world like that movie did for Gerard butler

I think the jury is still out on how much 300 really helped Gerard Butler's career...

Anakin Skywalker, Peter Parker, Harry Osborn, MJ Watson, Storm, Rogue

I forget the actor's name but I think everyone on the planet would have been happier today if the guy who played Pyro in X2 and The Last Stand had played Anakin Skywalker in II and III.

I think Spider-Man could've been way better with someone else instead of Tobey Maguire. You know, someone with more charisma, humor, and energy. Tobey didn't carry any of the three movies that well. For a movie that calls itself Spider-Man, the movies were more about Peter Parker.

I forget the actor's name but I think everyone on the planet would have been happier today if the guy who played Pyro in X2 and The Last Stand had played Anakin Skywalker in II and III.

Aaron Stanford, and yeah, that guy would've been way better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"