Homecoming Marvel Team-Ups you'd like to see if Spidey is in the MCU.

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
Marvel Team-Up was a long-running comic during Marvel's Bronze Age featuring Spider-Man and another character. They would often either have Spidey fighting against someone else's foe, or his ally fighting against one of Spidey's foes. It showcased other characters who might not have a chance to feature on their own or couldn't sustain their own book (although it did have several A-listers from time to time as well).

If Spider-Man were to go back to Marvel or Marvel were able to work out a deal with Sony that they could use him in future movies, I think that to distinguish it from the previous Sony Spider-Man films, they should feature team ups with other heroes which would allow them to feature more in the movies (where they otherwise might not be able to sustain their own franchise).

Who would you like to see Spider-Man team up with?

The key ones I'd like to see are:

1. Spider-Man and Falcon. They teamed up at least 3 times in Marvel Team Up. They could both fight the Vulture, and feature an aerial chase and dog fight between Falcon and Vulture. Since Anthony Mackie might not have as large a role in Civil War, this would be a good way to have him feature a bit more.

2. Spider-Man and Ant-Man. Ant-Man doesn't seem to have any sequels planned after next year's movie. This would be a good way to have a quasi-sequel while having a Spider-Man film at the same time. They could fight one of Hank Pym or Scott Lang's villains or a combination of Ant-Man/ Spider-Man foes.

3. Spider-Man and Daredevil. This seems like a natural one. They could take on the Kingpin and other mob-related villains who would usually feature in a team up: maybe Tombstone or Hammerhead. They have actually both fought the Blizzard together before. Beetle is also a common foe.

4. Spider-Man and the Netflix Defenders. These are natural team ups as well. Imagine Spidey with DD, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones. This would give them a chance to bring them all to the big screen.

5. Spider-Man and Punisher. Typical team up from the comics. Would be a chance to revive Punisher in the MCU.

6. Spider-Man and Ghost Rider. These two teamed up in the comics. Don't know who they could fight, but would also provide a chance to bring back Ghost Rider to the big screen while not having to lead his own movie.

7. Spider-Man and Iron Man. This would be a huge team up movie of both of Marvel's top two heroes. Imagine the box office potential. There are numerous villains they can fight. Beetle again is a common foe. They also both fought Radioactive Man together.

8. Spider-Man and Captain America. Another potential box office smash. These two are a classic pairing with any number of foes to face together.

Of course, while there is box office potential for Spidey with Cap or Iron Man, it's probably better to showcase a lesser hero who won't get the spotlight.

Who would you like to see, either from the existing MCU characters or ones who haven't featured before but would like to have on the big screen?

An Iron-Man team up may be less likely considering he's already going to be in Cap's third movie. Plus, it's a lot of money to have RDJ show up to play. A Daredevil team up would be more likely. I loved the way they did it in the 90's series with the Kingpin.

Daredevil team up would the best! :D Human Torch would be even better! :D

Daredevil and Captain America would be my two favorite choices on that list.

If Spider-Man and Daredevil did team up, should they fight when they first meet? These movies always seem to have the heroes fight at first.

I would just like a straight team up of heroes with no in fighting for once though.

If RDJ is too expensive, they could always have Spider-Man and War Machine team up. Would also provide a chance for WM to have a bigger role for once.

If Spider-Man and Daredevil did team up, should they fight when they first meet? These movies always seem to have the heroes fight at first.

I would just like a straight team up of heroes with no in fighting for once though.

If RDJ is too expensive, they could always have Spider-Man and War Machine team up. Would also provide a chance for WM to have a bigger role for once.
No one is going to pay to see War Machine... I'd love to see the Hulk to be honest.

Yeah, I'd like to see DD and Spidey be at odds when/if they first meet. Possibly a fight between them but nothing catastrophic. Maybe then they realize their goals are the same and decide to work together. I'd still keep a fair amount of tension in their relationship while working together though--it shouldn't be smooth.

No one is going to pay to see War Machine... I'd love to see the Hulk to be honest.

You're not paying to see War Machine though. You're paying to see Spidey, and you get another hero for the price of one. That was the whole point of Marvel Team-Up in the comics, because most of Spidey's allies were people no-one would ever pay to read in their own book.

DD and Spidey definitely, not sure I want them fighting though, that happens all the time in these CBMs.

I'd like the dynamic to be that at the start they admire each others work and helping out the public, but then Spidey begins to question how DD does things, considering they are doing a dark version of him in the MCU. Then maybe they come to verbal blows, but don't fight as they do know they are on the same side, they just do things differently.

At the end though they both respect each other.

Spidey and DD could potentially fight Electro:

56-1.jpg

Although they might want to stay away from that after ASM2.

How about Spidey and Tigra vs Kraven?

1083642451_marvelteamup67cover.jpg

And here's one for Spider-Man and Ant-Man:

2432878-marvelteam_up103.jpg

They could fight Taskmaster, who should be introduced into the MCU. That would allow Ant-Man to have his sequel but also allow Spider-Man to get a film as well, killing two birds with one stone.

Marvel Team-Up movies would be a good way to integrate Spider-Man. Hopefully, they don't focus too much on Spider-Man though.

What about Spider-man and the Hulk? I always found it very heroic when Spider-man would try to stop the Hulk who was way out of his league in terms of power from destroying the city. I mean basically Spider-man would just be dancing around him taking jabs and shooting webs at him, while Hulk is getting pissed off trying to hit him. Perhaps Spider-man during the battle would find that he was being controlled by someone. Then once Spider-man destroyed the device or whatever it was that was controlling the Hulk then they would team up against the bad guy together. I am thinking the Leader perhaps.

Surfer

What about Spider-man and the Hulk? I always found it very heroic when Spider-man would try to stop the Hulk who was way out of his league in terms of power from destroying the city. I mean basically Spider-man would just be dancing around him taking jabs and shooting webs at him, while Hulk is getting pissed off trying to hit him. Perhaps Spider-man during the battle would find that he was being controlled by someone. Then once Spider-man destroyed the device or whatever it was that was controlling the Hulk then they would team up against the bad guy together. I am thinking the Leader perhaps.

Surfer

Maybe the Chameleon?

27-1.jpg

Spidey and DD could potentially fight Electro:

56-1.jpg

Although they might want to stay away from that after ASM2.

That would be an awesome team up battle and to see them up against Electro would be awesome. However, I think your absolutely right, after what they did to ASM2 and the villains (especially the Rhino) I think it may be a while before they consider bringing back those characters for reuse.
I wouldn't mind if they substituted Scorpion for Electro though.

Surfer

Maybe the Chameleon?

27-1.jpg

Yeah, Chameleon would be a good choice too.

The 3 team ups with Spider-man I would like to see most are...

Daredevil
Captain America
Hulk

any of those 3 would be awesome for me.

Surfer

Well Spidey and DD coming together would be almost like Superman and Batman together on the big screen.

I suppose they could fight the Owl, but probably not as a main villain as that would be boring. Bob Gunton is unlikely to be super powered anyway, although we could be surprised.

2432575-marvelteam_up073.jpg

There's also this classic story from the early Steve Ditko period with the Ringmaster:

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_16.jpg

I think Spidey/DD's best bet is Kingpin though.

That would be an awesome team up battle and to see them up against Electro would be awesome. However, I think your absolutely right, after what they did to ASM2 and the villains (especially the Rhino) I think it may be a while before they consider bringing back those characters for reuse.
I wouldn't mind if they substituted Scorpion for Electro though.

Surfer

Or the Shocker for Electro perhaps? He would have similar enough powers but a different look and different special effects. Scorpion would work well too.

Well Spidey and DD coming together would be almost like Superman and Batman together on the big screen.

I suppose they could fight the Owl, but probably not as a main villain as that would be boring. Bob Gunton is unlikely to be super powered anyway, although we could be surprised.

2432575-marvelteam_up073.jpg

There's also this classic story from the early Steve Ditko period with the Ringmaster:

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_16.jpg

I think Spidey/DD's best bet is Kingpin though.

This would be the best team up ever with the Kingpin as the Villain. Also, what would be cool in my mind is if they stumbled onto a plot for the Punisher to assassinate the Kingpin, and they had to take down the Punisher while protecting the Kingpin. I just love moral ambiguity. By taking down the Punisher they might save one life (The Kingpin's), but how many lives will be lost because of them saving him. Set's up nice for a sequel.

Surfer

Or the Shocker for Electro perhaps? He would have similar enough powers but a different look and different special effects. Scorpion would work well too.

Shocker would be a great suggestion. I am just trying to think of who is still a fairly large character in Spider-man's gallery of villains that has not already been used. Especially if they were used and ruined no one is in a hurry to see them reappear. I agree though Shocker would be great.

Surfer

This would be the best team up ever with the Kingpin as the Villain. Also, what would be cool in my mind is if they stumbled onto a plot for the Punisher to assassinate the Kingpin, and they had to take down the Punisher while protecting the Kingpin. I just love moral ambiguity. By taking down the Punisher they might save one life (The Kingpin's), but how many lives will be lost because of them saving him. Set's up nice for a sequel.

Surfer

Would be a great way to introduce the Punisher again into the MCU without him needing to be one of the team up heroes as such. He could even be the catalyst who brings Spidey and DD together.

Maybe Spidey alone could save the Kingpin from the Punisher, unaware at the time of who Wilson Fisk is. He would just be doing his heroic duty and trying to save all people, but that could initially bring him into conflict with DD, who will already have dealt with Fisk in the Netflix series. Eventually Spidey and DD could team up and take down Kingpin a) because DD needs someone else to do it and b) so that they can prevent the Punisher from taking the law into his own hands and giving street heroes a bad name (and potentially starting another civil war).

Would be a great way to introduce the Punisher again into the MCU without him needing to be one of the team up heroes as such. He could even be the catalyst who brings Spidey and DD together.

Maybe Spidey alone could save the Kingpin from the Punisher, unaware at the time of who Wilson Fisk is. He would just be doing his heroic duty and trying to save all people, but that could initially bring him into conflict with DD, who will already have dealt with Fisk in the Netflix series. Eventually Spidey and DD could team up and take down Kingpin a) because DD needs someone else to do it and b) so that they can prevent the Punisher from taking the law into his own hands and giving street heroes a bad name (and potentially starting another civil war).

Okay that's it were making this movie. lol

Surfer

Make it happen Marvel:

Spider-Man_Kingpin_To_the_Death_Vol_1_1.jpg

MadeMenPage03.jpg

Make it happen Marvel:

Spider-Man_Kingpin_To_the_Death_Vol_1_1.jpg

MadeMenPage03.jpg

I like your pics. If Marvel was able to do this they would please so many fans.

And, I really like your idea of having Spidey go after the Punisher on his own before teaming up with Daredevil, as Daredevil would probably be like let the Punisher kill the Kingpin he is doing the world a favor. Where as Spidey feels the need to try and protect everyone, due to his whole with great strength comes great responsibility theme. I also agree it would be a great way to integrate the Punisher back into things without him appearing to be the hero of the story. I mean sure he has always been a vigilante and still would be in this version, but as the main character opposite the bad guys he automatically becomes the hero of the story. But by putting him opposite say Spider-man (the Hero of the story) he automatically becomes the villain or at least one of the villains of the story. So, to me it would be viewing the Punisher in a much different way which could be a good way to revitalize his character.

Surfer

You're not paying to see War Machine though. You're paying to see Spidey, and you get another hero for the price of one. That was the whole point of Marvel Team-Up in the comics, because most of Spidey's allies were people no-one would ever pay to read in their own book.
I understand the concept of two for the price of one. What I'm saying is that War Machine isn't going to bring much in on his own opposed to the upcoming Civil War movie which is a totally different animal. Iron-Man is going to draw people into seats that wouldn't have been there had it just been a Cap 3 movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"