No Way Home Will this be Spider-Man's last film in the MCU? MCU vs. SSMU

Well adding RDJ isn't what distanced it from TASM. all RDJ did was guarantee extra at the box office. personally i think had you of taken out RDJ it probably would have made about 700 million to slightly less than that.
His involvement and Sony blatantly showcasing him in the marketing next to Spider-Man even though Tony had less than 10 minutes of screentime in the movie was their way of pointing out to the average non-fan moviegoer that this was a different Spider-Man from the Andrew Garfield version and that he was now in the MCU.

His involvement and Sony blatantly showcasing him in the marketing next to Spider-Man even though Tony had less than 10 minutes of screentime in the movie was their way of pointing out to the average non-fan moviegoer that this was a different Spider-Man from the Andrew Garfield version and that he was now in the MCU.
Its called carrying on Tony Starks shoulders.

Its also like saying Well FFH needed Nick Fury to distance it from Andrew Garfields version. and the new movie needs Dr Strange to distance it from Andrew Garfield's version. although that last one would be ironic.

Its called carrying on Tony Starks shoulders.

Its also like saying Well FFH needed Nick Fury to distance it from Andrew Garfields version. and the new movie needs Dr Strange to distance it from Andrew Garfield's version. although that last one would be ironic.
No it isn't, because Far From Home wasn't the first Spider-Man film to follow up a largely polarizing and not-so-beloved reboot series.

In regards to the topic of the thread, I doubt SMNWH will be the last film in the MCU.

I just think there's too much money for both parties to walk away from such a beneficial partnership at this point.

Now whether Tom returns after SMNWH and the unannounced appearance, remains to be seen.

I do think , if Sony decides to " Take Spiderman out of the MCU", after SMNWH and the unannounced appearance , Holland may call it a day ,and retire from the part then.

At that point, another reboot in a different continuity would make the most sense.

Given that No Way Home film will establish a live action Spiderverse, the idea of a 4th version of Peter Parker's story in another Sony closed off universe, won't be a radical idea .

There are a bunch of other different possibilities and permutations of how things could play out , but those are a couple of scenarios I could see happening.

It's unlikely, but would a shared rights situation might occur after NWH? It's a pipedream at this point. However, both companies got to figure out what a long-term plan would be.

It's unlikely, but would a shared rights situation might occur after NWH? It's a pipedream at this point. However, both companies got to figure out what a long-term plan would be.
shared rights for the character or shared rights for the universe?

I think they already share rights to have him on screen, with him appearing in crossover films. unless you mean shared rights for the universes, now that is an interesting idea. No way would Disney give Sony a share of that, but if Sony is willing to share their SMU, then bringing Feige on board would probably also make those movies better.

I truly meant shared rights of Spider-Man film rights usage ala Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver actually. Universes, well too complicated I guess.

I don't mind if this is the last solo Spider-Man mcu film. having the previous 2 Spideys (if it happens) in the film + the multiverse of madness as a gateway for Tom Holland to join Sony's separate cinematic whatever + the Sony/Disney drama in 2019 = this seems like a fitting end.

However, I would like to see 1 more with Tom Holland in the mcu with the Avengers as a closure, especially Civil War was his first mcu film.

Not what I ideally want, but I suspect the most likely outcome is they take a page from Spider-Gwen and MCU Pete gets transported to another world (Sony's) where no one knows his identity and where he can travel between that world and the MCU's any time.

Well. Would be rather awkward to finally call their films the 'Sony Spider-Man Universe' and still not have Spider-Man in it. Wouldn't it? No question this is the end of a Tom Spidey solo film in the MCU imo. Only question is when is that final MCU guest appearance will he be in. Could be DS : MoM. Just a small role to wrap up his MCU arc I'm guessing.

Well. Would be rather awkward to finally call their films the 'Sony Spider-Man Universe' and still not have Spider-Man in it. Wouldn't it? No question this is the end of a Tom Spidey solo film in the MCU imo. Only question is when is that final MCU guest appearance will he be in. Could be DS : MoM. Just a small role to wrap up his MCU arc I'm guessing.
I'm pretty sure Holland's Spidey would be shared between the two universes. The future of MCU Spidey movies post-No Way Home remains to be seen but I'm sure that Holland will still be popping up in future Avengers movies at the least.

Feige's line about "crossing cinematic universes" definitely makes it sound like Spider-man's gonna end up in the Sonyverse. Plus the whole fact that this is about a crossover with Sony's universes, followed up with another movie about the multiverse starring Dr. Strange who is also in this movie, and the fact that the Spider-man deal was extended specifically for this multiversal crossover movie and one more guest appearance which will probably be DS:MoM.

What's mostly likely gonna happen is a classic case of a character getting "put on a bus". Except in this case the bus will be Sony's Spider-man universe. But as far as the MCU is concerned, the bus will be this off-screen thing that will only vaguely be talked about, in the classic Put on a Bus trope fashion.

However, like all buses, there will always be the potential for it to come back. It's possible Spider-man might even commute on the bus, via a portal device or whatever that allows him to hop between universes on a more recurring basis. So I wouldn't count Spider-man out of the MCU just yet, even if NWH does end with him making a new home in another dimension.

I truly meant shared rights of Spider-Man film rights usage ala Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver actually. Universes, well too complicated I guess.
oh, I don't think that's possible. With Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver I think it was allowed on technical grounds since in the comics both characters are in the X-Men and in the Avengers, but with Sony holding the films rights to Spider-Man I don't think rights can be shared unless Sony partially sells some back.

Which they already did, the merchandising rights. I think what came with that was Disney's authority to create animated Spider-Man stuff, which led to the cancellation of the Spectacular Spider-Man and the birth of the Ultimate Spider-Man.

They can't do that with Spider-Man. There is an existing list of shared characters that Marvel Studios had. For example, Jessica Drew is a shared character. But if they used her without the permission of Sony, she would not be able to use Spider iconography. Those types of situations exist and are contractually outlined. I think the Sony hack had a list of such characters floating out there. Spider-Man is not that situation. To use him in live action, Sony has to okay it. They cannot get around that

They can't do that with Spider-Man. There is an existing list of shared characters that Marvel Studios had. For example, Jessica Drew is a shared character. But if they used her without the permission of Sony, she would not be able to use Spider iconography. Those types of situations exist and are contractually outlined. I think the Sony hack had a list of such characters floating out there. Spider-Man is not that situation. To use him in live action, Sony has to okay it. They cannot get around that

Yea the Sony Leaks has this comprehensive document that lists all the Sony exclusive characters as well as certain stipulations like the situation you mentioned with Jessica Drew.

I definitely think his next appearance in the MCU will be in Avengers 5 whenever that happens.

In the event that the deal isn't renewed after that, I hope Marvel and Sony can at least work something out for Spidey to appear in the inevitable Secret Wars move down the line.

No Way Home seems like the fitting final Mcu Spider-Man film. And I don't want Tom Holland and other Spider-Man characters from the other universes to keep hopping from different realities again and again. It should be a 1 time thing in the MCU when it comes to sharing Sonyverse characters.

I definitely think his next appearance in the MCU will be in Avengers 5 whenever that happens.

In the event that the deal isn't renewed after that, I hope Marvel and Sony can at least work something out for Spidey to appear in the inevitable Secret Wars move down the line.

Yeah agreed even if No Way Home will be his last Appearance in the MCU he can always appear in Avengers 5 or a Film before it if Marvel and Sony could at least work out something for Spidey.

Honestly the fact that they're treating NWH as a big finale-esque event makes me hope they go all out with the scale and action.

Honestly the fact that they're treating NWH as a big finale-esque event makes me hope they go all out with the scale and action.
NwH definitely can and should be grand in scale, I just hope the studios don't feel like Spider-Man 4 will have to outdo it in scale as well just to continue telling their story.

That's the mistake Fox did with X-Men Apocalypse, which in my opinion is why the movie was not good. It looked like they tried to outdo the scale of X-Men Days of Future Past, but that's not always necessary for sequels. For the story they were telling, a smaller scale story might have been a better movie.

As far as the topic goes, I would have said NWH wouldn't be the last film a year ago, but now, given Holland's statements , I tend to think it very well could be the last MCU film, for a while at least.

That may anger alot of Marvel fans, but it would make sense that the short term deal that Disney and Sony made was to ties things up properly as opposed to starting a whole new deal.

Holland's had 6 appearances as Spiderman , and has already left his mark on the character, so if he split after his contract is up, it would be fitting, and I wouldn't mind.

I know there are fans who want him to play the role for another decade at least, but, this version was never going to be like the comics ,with him playing the role into his 30s or something like that.
Not as long as Sony owns the character.

If the deal continues , fine, but I appreciate that this deal is not everlasting and that there are no guarantees in Hollywood.

I'm preparing myself that this will be the end of the Spider-man in the MCU.

Not as long as Sony owns the character.

Even is Sony didn't own the character not much would change. Infact id argue there is more chance of Holland playing him longer with Sony than Marvel. Due to the lack of assets vs the more assets of marvel.

Most of the heroes with marvel will stop and be replaced at some point.

Even is Sony didn't own the character not much would change. Infact id argue there is more chance of Holland playing him longer with Sony than Marvel. Due to the lack of assets vs the more assets of marvel.

Most of the heroes with marvel will stop and be replaced at some point.

I don't know about that.

We basically have to see what happens after NWH and whether or not Marvel and Sony re-up the deal.

At this point, I could see Holland playing Spiderman on more time in Venom 3 , then peace -ing out.

But ultimately, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes between the two studios at this moment.

So at this point, we're all speculating ,and nothing is guaranteed.

We're just gonna have to wait.

Either way, if Holland walks, I'm fine with it.

If Holland walks, that means he is turning down a truck load of money lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"