Homecoming Which MCU characters should appear in Spider-Man (2017)?

Daredevil and the Kingpin. Would they be allowed to use Spidey in the next Daredevil season?

Daredevil and the Kingpin. Would they be allowed to use Spidey in the next Daredevil season?

We don't know. We really don't know anything except we're getting Spidey in Civil War and a solo movie in 2017.

Based on the e-mails it seems like the goal is to get a Spider-Man sequel in 2019 and also get him to appear in Infinity War. We don't know if that's confirmed or not but it sounds likely.

Nobody let this be Spider-Man's own movie unless they use Kingpin and give him a role like the 1994 animated series

We don't know. We really don't know anything except we're getting Spidey in Civil War and a solo movie in 2017.

Correction: we know we're getting Spider-Man in a TBD Marvel Studios film and a 2017 Sony film co-produced FOR FREE by Feige.

Other than Civil War what else would that Marvel Studios film be? Of course we can only make assumptions right now but the logical choice seems to be Civil War.

Just to add, we know that the MCU film that Spider-Man appears in will come out BEFORE the 2017 solo film. So the only options are:

Avengers 2
Ant-Man
Civil War

Which seems most likely?

Other than Civil War what else would that Marvel Studios film be?

* The Defenders Netflix movie
* One of the Infinity War movies
* Doctor Strange
* Black Panther

I guarantee you that if the Marvel Studios film that will mark the new Spider-Man's debut had already been finalized, it would've been part of the announcement of this arrangement/partnership.

Just to add, we know that the MCU film that Spider-Man appears in will come out BEFORE the 2017 solo film

None of the articles I've seen on the deal indicates this. That's the assumption, but it's not been said for sure one way or the other.

None of the articles I've seen on the deal indicates this. That's the assumption, but it's not been said for sure one way or the other.

From the official press release:

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel’s Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal.

It's not an assumption. Spider-Man will appear in an MCU film before his own solo movie gets released.

^ I concede that I was wrong on that score.

However, that still doesn't guarantee that Civil War is the film that Spidey's going to make his MCU debut in.

No, it doesn't "guarantee" anything but that is still the obvious choice.

It's a shame Fox has the rights to Iceman (and has never made him an interesting character). I'd love to see Spidey team up with his Amazing Friends (Firestar and Iceman).

The Human Torch.

Oh wait, what's that? Fox has the rights to the F4? Okay...

The... Homo Sapien Light Source (an original character a la Coulson), who belongs to the Fabulous Four with Doctor Amazing, the Transparent Female and the It.

-Matt Murdock/Daredevil.
-Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin.
-Ben Urich.
-Nick Fury (cameo).

None. It's a SPIDER-MAN movie and should only feature SPIDER-MAN characters and villains.

THOR didn't have Iron Man in it, Captain America didn't have THOR is it and so on. Half the time Marvel forced another character in it sucked

If they shoehorned one in it should be a brief cameo and be street level like Daredevil

It's a shame SONY/Marvel has the rights to Spider-Man. I'd love to see Spidey team up with his Amazing Friends (Human Torch and Iceman).

Fixed

Nobody let this be Spider-Man's own movie unless they use Kingpin and give him a role like the 1994 animated series

:up: :applaud:

Last edited:
None. It's a SPIDER-MAN movie and should only feature SPIDER-MAN characters and villains.

THOR didn't have Iron Man in it, Captain America didn't have THOR is it and so on. Half the time Marvel forced another character in it sucked

If they shoehorned one in it should be a brief cameo and be street level like Daredevil

How would you feel about MCU easter eggs in the movie? Or even minor cameos from very minor characters in the MCU like Christine Everhart or President Ellis from Iron Man 3?

No, it doesn't "guarantee" anything but that is still the obvious choice.

It really is the obvious choice. He's probably not gonna show up for doctor strange, it's too late for any man and AoU outside of post-credits, and it's CIVIL WAR, and we all know how big of a player spidey is in that, not to mention the leaked emails confirmed marvel wants him in the film. So yea, civil war is a safe assumption. Hope he makes it, Can't wait :woot:

The Punisher could make a cameo since his first appearance was in a Spider-man comic. I like the part in Amazing Spider-man #1 where he interacts with the Fantastic Four. If we can't have them, maybe they can at least show the FF building. Even if we don't have cameos, Spider-man can at least make references to other marvel characters. In the first episode of the 90's cartoon Spider-mans crawling through the sewer and he says "You don't see the Fantastic four in the sewer, or the Avengers"
He can say things like "Ironman, eat your heart out" or "Who do I look like? The Hulk?"

It would be cool to see Matt Murdock in a lawyer capacity. We don't even need to see him as DD.

Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. Not just because I like both characters, but given their technology and science backgrounds.

How would you feel about MCU easter eggs in the movie? Or even minor cameos from very minor characters in the MCU like Christine Everhart or President Ellis from Iron Man 3?

I'd be fine with for example Ben Ulrich working at the DB or a amadeus Cho being at Peters school. Cameos that fit into Peters life but not SHIELD/HYDRA or non-street level heroes like Widow or Iron Man or non-earth characters like Starlord as they would feel forced.

Couldn't care less about Easter eggs so long as they aren't obvious like some product placements are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"