Sony Pictures Entertainment Brings Marvel Studios Into The Amazing World Of Spider-Ma

luis4u

Superhero
Reaction score
SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT BRINGS MARVEL STUDIOS INTO THE AMAZING WORLD OF SPIDER-MAN
New Spider-Man Will Appear First in an Upcoming Marvel Film Within Marvel’s Cinematic Universe
Marvel’s Kevin Feige to Produce Next Installment of the Spider-Man Franchise with Amy Pascal
(Culver City, California, and Burbank, California February 09, 2015) – Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.
Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel’s Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

iAa8S6V.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome home, Spidey! Kinda.

This is real? Wait what?
Oh dammit, Sony has creative control?

Wonder which upcoming movie he will appear on before getting his own franchise. And it must be a reboot rather than anything else. So many questions, such excitement!

So will Spidery be in Civil War instead of Black Panther now? Maybe both?

I was about to go to bed but just now read this.
DAMN!! I AM SO EXCITED.

Didn't expect this to actually happen.

Unfortunately, this now means that the F4 whiners have hope. :o

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062...the_amazing_world_of_spider-man#ixzz3RJZOFjfP

Well here is the Phase 3 release slate:
Captain America: Civil War: April 29, 2016 (May 6th, 2016 domestically)
Doctor Strange: October 26th, 2016 (November 4, 2016 domestically)
Guardians of the Galaxy 2: April 28th, 2017 (May 5th, 2017 domestically)
Thor: Ragnarok: July 28th, 2017 (July 28th, 2017 domestically)
Black Panther: October 27th, 2017 (November 2nd, 2017 domestically)
Avengers: Infinity War Part I: April 27th, 2018 (May 4th, 2018 domestically)
Captain Marvel: July 6th, 2018 (July 6th, 2018 domestically)
Inhumans: October 26th, 2018 (November 2nd, 2018 domestically)
Avengers: Infinity War Part II: April 27th, 2018 (May 4th, 2018 domestically

Infinity War is not out until 2018.

That means Spider-Man is all but assured to be in Civil War now.

I can't even form complete sentences right now.

HOLY ****! I was completely wrong about this :wow:!

I can't even BEGIN to speculate...

Anyone notice how the solo film has the same release date as Thor: Ragnarok. Is Thor getting moved? No way they'd put them against eachother.

Thor 3 will have to move or Spider-Man will have to move.

2017 actually sounds like a pretty quick turnaround considering they are starting over from scratch. Need new director, actors, etc.

This basically confirms two things: Spider-Man will be in Civil War and Thor: Ragnorok will be moved to later in 2017 (release date is the same as the newly-announced Spider-Man film.)

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

(Except for the Sony creative control.) Feige isn't going to let them start this off crappy a third time though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"