Homecoming Tom Holland IS Peter Parker / Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wore baggy pants because it was the style at the time (or, more accurately, it was the style three or four years earlier and the cartoon hadn't quite caught up in fashion). There is nothing particularly Peter Parker about baggy pants. Seriously, there's more to Spider-Man than that one cartoon. While I'm sure there will be some elements drawn from it, I highly doubt it'll be the main source of inspiration.
Maybe he'll wear these instead:

wpid-Screenshot_2012-12-11-09-52-13-12.png

He wore baggy pants because it was the style at the time (or, more accurately, it was the style three or four years earlier and the cartoon hadn't quite caught up in fashion). There is nothing particularly Peter Parker about baggy pants. Seriously, there's more to Spider-Man than that one cartoon. While I'm sure there will be some elements drawn from it, I highly doubt it'll be the main source of inspiration.

It's a good cartoon :b

Maybe they'll dress him like stark, a long sleeve under a rock band short sleeve shirt. :o

Last edited:
Oh hai hi guys, Tom Holland is absolutely stunning in THE IMPOSSIBLE.

Finally getting around to watching it. Dudes. Wow.

Why do I have this feeling that Tom Holland is going to be more of a miss than a hit. No one is talking about the guy. He doesn't have any of the excitement going on for him, like say, Boyega in Star Wars, Cumberbatch in Dr Strange, Boseman in Black Panther, and heck, even Marisa Tomei as Aunt May.
There's a certain level of genius to the choice. In the comics, Peter is a relatively ordinary and not remarkably interesting individual at first glance. "One of the things Black Cat critiqued him on, when he unmasked."

Its only after he donned the suit that he became a source of attention. Its meta in the same way Ben Affleck as Batman is, because like Bruce Wayne, Affleck is a known socialite with a ton of baggage and controversy behind him, as well as being many people's most unexpected choice for Batman.

As for Holland, he was terrific in the Impossible. The only thing I still need to see from him is if he can crack the humor.

There's a certain level of genius to the choice. In the comics, Peter is a relatively ordinary and not remarkably interesting individual at first glance. "One of the things Black Cat critiqued him on, when he unmasked."

Its only after he donned the suit that he became a source of attention. Its meta in the same way Ben Affleck as Batman is, because like Bruce Wayne, Affleck is a known socialite with a ton of baggage and controversy behind him, as well as being many people's most unexpected choice for Batman.

As for Holland, he was terrific in the Impossible. The only thing I still need to see from him is if he can crack the humor.
Just because the guy is a great actor doesn't mean he's going to be bringing the crowd in. Case in point, Daniel Day Lewis has 3 oscars now, but no matter what, someone like Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Leonardo DiCaprio or Chris Pratt have that "it" factor that bring in the GA, whereas DDL would need someone else bigger, like Steven Spielberg directing, to bring in the GA. We'll see.

Just because the guy is a great actor doesn't mean he's going to be bringing the crowd in. Case in point, Daniel Day Lewis has 3 oscars now, but no matter what, someone like Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Leonardo DiCaprio or Chris Pratt have that "it" factor that bring in the GA, whereas DDL would need someone else bigger, like Steven Spielberg directing, to bring in the GA. We'll see.
You're right Chris Pratt was such a huge box office draw before Guardians. RDJ pulled huge audiences before IM too.

But that doesn't really matter though, what matters is his performance.

Also Chris Pratt isn't really a draw, he's been in movies that would have been big hits without him and he's pretty much a nobody overseas.

Spiderman really doesn't need a huge star to attract audiences.

1. He's still arguably top 3 most iconic Superheroes, despite his decline in popularity. The moment the kid dons the mask, it won't matter who's underneath.

2. Chris Pratt, and Cruise weren't always draws, but their performances at a given point led to Audiences responding to them. Holland can too. As for DDL, he'd be more popular in the mainstream if he wasn't selective of his work, and appeared in a few more movies.

The mcu act in civil war won't be same act as the comics did. Since its not about revealing I'd to govt and all that. Since 90 percent of the mcu doesn't have secret ids. It is going to be more on regulating when and where heroes can go in and have accountability for there actions.

The mcu act in civil war won't be same act as the comics did. Since its not about revealing I'd to govt and all that. Since 90 percent of the mcu doesn't have secret ids. It is going to be more on regulating when and where heroes can go in and have accountability for there actions.

Its also probably going to be a moot issue largely once the movie is over.

Tom Holland visited the set of Suicide Squad.
11703188_794902147294039_3619646099522898288_n.jpg

I'd love to see Spidey take down the Suicide Squad in a movie. Show Bats how it's done :oldrazz:

This is so trolling all we want to know if/when Tom is on the Civil War set but we see him in pictures on the suicide squad set, haha. :cwink:

Marvel DC crossover confirmed! :o

Think Tom may have just been visiting Joel Kinnman as they recently made a movie together.

Saw that news about tom visiting sucide squad set. Now we know why he was in Canada partially. Besides what ever else he was doing up there. Photo looks cool. I bet tom had a cool time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"