Homecoming Jon Watts IS Marvel & Sony's 'Spider-Man' Director

Hey if we can get mcu spidey at least 74-88% on rt for example I think that be a good place. As it be right on par with most of the mcu films.

Last edited:
Cop Car's doing good, it's currently at a 78% on RT with 31 fresh reviews. And Feige said he found Watts' take on Spidey "inspiring" too, so I'm confident this will all turn out great.

Last edited:
The more good stuff I hear about Watts and his work the more confidence I have in this film.

Cop Car's doing good, it's currently at a 78% on RT with 31 fresh reviews. And Feige said he found Watts' take on Spidey "inspiring" too, so I'm confident this will all turn out great.

50 Days of Summer is at 86%.

tumblr_inline_nr6lslvCmh1rxa7hy_500.gif

But in all seriousness, this does kinda feel like TASM again (only with Marvel involved). :oldrazz:

Next thing ya know, we get Mysterio considering fan's have been wanting him for a while (which was the same case with Lizard). Either him or Vulture, considering he was almost ready to go before Spider-Man 4 got canned.

Heck, wouldn't be surprised if we got both. :hehe:

Personally mysterio or vulture I think are best first stepping stone villains and would work best for teen spidey angle.

The first Raimi film got an 82% on RT, the first TASM film got 72%. Anywhere between that range would be a success for me. I can hope for a higher score the SM2, but considering 92% SM2 got(and it is rare that hero movies hit the 90-100 range these days) I'm not exactly counting on it. Hoping Jon delivers though.

Ya for me if mcu spidey can fall between 74 to 89 range on rt that be good. And comparable to rest of the mcu films. With lowest one 67 and highest what 93?

I'm expecting mid-to-high 70s or low-to-mid 80s, if I were to guestimate.

50 Days of Summer is at 86%.

tumblr_inline_nr6lslvCmh1rxa7hy_500.gif

But in all seriousness, this does kinda feel like TASM again (only with Marvel involved). :oldrazz:

Next thing ya know, we get Mysterio considering fan's have been wanting him for a while (which was the same case with Lizard). Either him or Vulture, considering he was almost ready to go before Spider-Man 4 got canned.

Heck, wouldn't be surprised if we got both. :hehe:
ell the thing TASM got wrong was redoing the origin and making the movie into another love story instead of focusing on Peter's relationships in high school. Everything else was good to great for me. This reboot is correcting both those problems as well as giving us a more believable high school aged Peter. TASM2 messed up with trying to advertise their universe building. I don't think Marvel will fall into that pit with this movie because it already exists in a franchise where most of the backbone of its greater universe building is done and they can focus on just making a good solo Spidey film. Just hint at some villains for the future rather than knock us across the head. TASM2 was also really hammy and the villains were handled poorly. Who knows if Marvel will avoid that but they've figured out a pretty good balance of being funny without having those cringe worthy lines and still being able to have high stakes and drama without taking itself TOO seriously. Obviously Marvel's track records with villains isn't great, but I think what a lot of people overlook is the fact that most of the villains Marvel has worked with in their films are B, C, or even D-List villains. They haven't had access to their A-List villains for the most part until now, because their A-listers are mostly held by Spidey, FF, and X-Men. I think they could pull off Spidey's villains really well.

Overall I feel far more reason to be optimistic than pessimistic. Reading the reviews for Cop Car, it appears Watts has strengths as a director in reflecting the world through the eyes of a youth and making a fun cat and mouse game.
Sounds perfect for the Spidey they want to do and with the support of Marvel Studios he can take his talents to the next level.

I want to see this, but none of the local cinemas in Ireland are showing it. Might just wait for a cam version, or watch it later on Blu Ray.

Well with how Kevin has talked things he knows and gets the charafter. And with now being in mcu we have that greater universe and world built in and things can be layed out and not have to be built so far up from scratch. As for villains hopefully they will end up using them better then other mcu films. But most the mcu villains are pretty lacking. Which is where spidey helps them out there.

I watched Cop Car, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think Watts will do a fine job directing.

Saw it yesterday too. Thought it was pretty good, maybe a 7 or 7.5. Didn't really blow me away, but it was very well shot and directed. Watts seems to have an awesome visual flair that I'm excited to see if he could bring to Spider-Man.

The cinematography and direction in Cop Car was excellent. It was dragged down by poor young performances and script, but Watts is not writing the screenplay so I have faith in this.

The cinematography and direction in Cop Car was excellent. It was dragged down by poor young performances and script, but Watts is not writing the screenplay so I have faith in this.

I thought the young performances felt very natural. I think Kevin picked Jon Watts because Cop Car did a great job of having the kids feel like actual kids, and the movie almost felt like it was from the perspective of a kid. I think Marvel is wanting Peter Parker to really feel like a teenager this time around.

So I saw Cop Car today and I ****in loved it.

Did you think that he did a good job directing the kids?

so for folks who seen the film did you guys see it online or a local screening in your area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"