Homecoming Laura Harrier IS Liz Allan

Was that our first look at Gwen Stacy ?

spider-man-homecoming-is-this-gwen-stacy-216891-640x320.png

Blonde, hairband, seemingly green colored clothes.

If that's not Gwen, Marvel is trolling us hard.

that blonde girl is supposedly Betty Brant - who looks and acts more like Sally Avril.

but yeah, she does look and dress like Gwen. so, if she isn't, then that's yet another headscratching decision - another example of them just mixing and matching these HS characters.

Last edited:
^ just like Liz is basically a substitute for Raimi's MJ?

but why substitute, why not just have the real thing?

but why substitute, why not just have the real thing?

Because people are going into this movie thinking it's the same ole thing.

The fan base would've rioted if they changed Peter to Miles. So if you can't change Peter change up everything else from Aunt Bae to Liz etc

Because people are going into this movie thinking it's the same ole thing.

The fan base would've rioted if they changed Peter to Miles. So if you can't change Peter change up everything else from Aunt Bae to Liz etc

eh, I guess.

seems like a flimsy excuse if you ask me.

we haven't really spent much time in HS in the prior Spidey films. so, I was hoping this would be the chance to finally do all of the HS supporting cast characters justice.

we haven't really spent much time in HS in the prior Spidey films. so, I was hoping this would be the chance to finally do all of the HS supporting cast characters justice.

Perception is what matters not reality. It was happening even in ASM "How many times do we have to see Uncle Ben get shot!?"

People say they want something different but get mad if it's changed to much. It's damned if you do damned if you don't with Spider-Man & X-Men because unlike MCU heroes the previous games animation and movies gives fans who never picked up a comic of those heroes enough of s background where they think they know the characters.

MCU can get away with every change almost because most weren't fans before 2008 or 2012

Perception is what matters not reality. It was happening even in ASM "How many times do we have to see Uncle Ben get shot!?"

People say they want something different but get mad if it's changed to much. It's damned if you do damned if you don't with Spider-Man & X-Men because unlike MCU heroes the previous games animation and movies gives fans who never picked up a comic of those heroes enough of s background where they think they know the characters.

MCU can get away with every change almost because most weren't fans before 2008 or 2012
But everybody on this forum has read the comics so we know how the characters are suppose to be portrayed. But that's true, this is the first well-known, huge property they're adapting. So people will not be oblivious to changes.

So if you can't change Peter change up everything else from Aunt Bae to Liz etc

They did change Peter up, though.

• He didn't make the classic suit, Tony did.
He made the cheap, homemade suit so I guess that counts for "who made it first?" but Tony made the Spider-Man suit.

• Peter made the original web shooters and its webbing, but Tony made ('upgraded') the web shooters along with his Spider-Signal.

• Peter's best friend is Miles' best friend, Ganke, with a classic name slapped on top of him.
No Harry Osborn or even Mary Jane to be found here.

So yeah, that's about it as far as Peter goes. They clearly have the character in terms of spirit and essence in tact, but they did change a bit with him on top of Aunt 'Mei and the rest.

Will these changes really matter when the film releases? It depends on perspective.

I was only sour about Civil War because of how they presented Peter/Spidey to me and all the changes after that had me feeling negative towards this film but the trailers calmed my fears greatly and now I'm excited.

Laura is cute but I wouldn't call her "stunning." Zendaya is pretty but her character they've completely sucked her dry of any prettiness. But I do hope Angourie is actually Gwen.

They did change Peter up, though.

He didn't make the classic suit, Tony did. He made the cheap, homemade suit so I guess that counts for "who made it first?" but Tony made the Spider-Man suit.

Peter made the original web shooters and its webbing, but Tony made ('upgraded') the web shooters along with his Spider-Signal.

Peter's best friend is Miles' best friend. No Harry Osborn or even Mary Jane to be found here.

So yeah, that's about it as far as Peter goes. They clearly have the character in terms of spirit and essence in tact, but they did change a bit with him on top of Aunt 'Mei and the rest.

Will these changes really matter when the film releases? It depends on perspective. I was only sour about Civil War because of how they presented Peter/Spidey to me and all the changes after that had me feeling negative towards this film but the trailers calmed my fears greatly and now I'm excited.
Same for me. :up:

Peter didn't meet MJ, Gwen, or Harry Osbourne until his college years in the comics anyway (its just those characters became so popular other media kept introducing them as soon as they could). I've said before they should hold off before bringing those characters into this continuity, especially since we saw so much of them in the Rami/Webb series.

Is every blond with a headband destined to be Gwen Stacy?

IMO she's way too young to be that important of a character. (Unless Marvel don't want her to be an important character this time).

I'd be fine either way. Would rather Betty resemble her comic counterpart, but that ship has already sailed with most of the cast lol.

Is every blond with a headband destined to be Gwen Stacy?

IMO she's way too young to be that important of a character. (Unless Marvel don't want her to be an important character this time).

I'd be fine either way. Would rather Betty resemble her comic counterpart, but that ship has already sailed with most of the cast lol.

yes. every blonde with a headband is destined to be Gwen.

and we are all so cruel for condemning her to that fate.

:o

:oldrazz:

Peter didn't meet MJ, Gwen, or Harry Osbourne until his college years in the comics anyway (its just those characters became so popular other media kept introducing them as soon as they could). I've said before they should hold off before bringing those characters into this continuity, especially since we saw so much of them in the Rami/Webb series.

Well in that case, we wouldn't see any of them until a fourth movie then, given how they're planning a whole trilogy to take place in highschool. :o

This version of Liz seems very Spectacular Spider-Man-inspired, at least visually.

I thought she looked great in the trailer, she's gorgeous ! I'm excited to see her on screen and I hope we will see her meeting Harry later in the movies.

Also I wonder if that was Gwen walking beside her? Because it sure looked like Gwen, the Spectacular Spider-Man version of Gwen specifically.

Was that our first look at Gwen Stacy ?

spider-man-homecoming-is-this-gwen-stacy-216891-640x320.png

If they hadn't done her few year ago I would have said "Heck yes!" but I doubt Marvel would reintroduce her so soon.

I think just like Ned looks exactly like Ganke, she looks like Gwen but is a different character (Betty) to make the serie looks more fresh to the GA. I hope I'm wrong tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"