Far From Home J.B. Smoove is ??

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has set J.B. Smoove to star in Spider-Man: Far from Home, sources said. Sony would not comment and nobody would divulge Smoove’s role but I’m told it is a lead in the ensemble. So far, he’s the first new cast member to be set beyond Jake Gyllenhaal, who is expected to play the villain Mysterio. Jon Watts is directing, and Tom Holland returns as the webslinger, with Michael Keaton, Zendaya and Marisa Tomei expected to reprise. The film is dated for July 5, 2019. Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal are producing.

Smoove will shoot his role before returning to his regular role in Larry David’s Curb Your Enthusiasm. He’s repped by UTA, Authentic’s Rick Dorfman and attorney Roger Pliakas.

Spider-Man Homecoming grossed $334.2 million domestically and $880.1 million worldwide after it bowed in July 2017.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/jb-smo...vie-sony-pictures-jake-gyllenhaal-1202423142/

The driving instructor.

Bringin da ruckus to da ladies.

Maybe Robertson? Don't think I've seen Smoove in anything a little more low-key and serious like that, but he's probably capable of it. I could see him as the Bugle's #2. Probably wouldn't want him as Jameson though, hoping for something a little less comedic from J.J. this time around.

Maybe Robertson? Don't think I've seen Smoove in anything a little more low-key and serious like that, but he's probably capable of it. I could see him as the Bugle's #2. Probably wouldn't want him as Jameson though, hoping for something a little less comedic from J.J. this time around.

Could be. Personally I think he's the teacher who goes on the trip with the class. Think Martin Starr in Homecoming but a little bit of a bigger role

Could be. Personally I think he's the teacher who goes on the trip with the class. Think Martin Starr in Homecoming but a little bit of a bigger role

Isn't this a trip for Peter and his friends and not a class trip.

Isn't this a trip for Peter and his friends and not a class trip.

I'd imagine a group of underage kids going to another country are gonna have some sort of adult supervision, school trip or otherwise.

The only way I can see Jonah fitting into Far From Home is if Peter starts working for the Bugle at the beginning of the movie and is informed to take pictures of an event that is transpiring while he is on the school trip to London. Maybe JJ can constantly call and harass Peter over getting some decent pictures.

Definitely seems likely. They did say "lead/large" role, which would seem up and above a teacher role, but like you say, could just be a bigger presence in the movie than Starr & Choi (who were both awesome) in the first.

Also, hell, weird out-of-the-box thought: Uncle Ben in flashbacks? Doubt it bigtime, but guess it's not out of the realm of possibility. Who's Pete supposed to be blood-relation with, May or Ben? I can't remember.

Definitely seems likely. They did say "lead/large" role, which would seem up and above a teacher role, but like you say, could just be a bigger presence in the movie than Starr & Choi (who were both awesome) in the first.

Also, hell, weird out-of-the-box thought: Uncle Ben in flashbacks? Doubt it bigtime, but guess it's not out of the realm of possibility. Who's Pete supposed to be blood-relation with, May or Ben? I can't remember.

Ben; He's Richard Parker's brother.

Now I wish Larry David was The Vulture.

Larry David playing someone who's not totally useless would be hysterical. :woot: Practical, street-wise, works-with-his-hands working class guy like movie-Toomes, I'd pay to see that.

It'd be like...Keaton playing a tall guy with hair.

Yeah that's what I'm guessing. I also heard that Deadline tends to exaggerate the size of roles so we'll see

It really might not be a great time to introduce the Bugle given this seems primarily set out of NYC, but man I'm acheing for them finally established in the MCU. They've had quite a few opportunities since Spidey debuted, would have been so easy with those newspaper stands in NYC in Ragnarok.

Ben is Peter's dad's brother - both Parkers...

Didn't know he was in this I thought he was doing the animated spiderman movie not this one.

My guess either Robbie Robinson or a teacher on the field trip.

Of course, and this could be a stretch, Watts and company could pull a "Civil War" and start the film with a silly villain like Big Wheel or whoever.

Although, I've heard Smythe's name be dropped around in rumors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"