Far From Home Jake Gyllenhaal is...Mysterio?

This was Mysterio done right. I knew he would be brilliant after what Watts did with Vulture; Mysterio was a no brainier for a cinematic villain, as his entire deal is he makes illusions. Growing up in the 90s/early 2000s, the entire movie was ripped right out of a comic book/Spider-Man TAS/Spider-Man on PS1. First Mysterio fools everyone into thinking he's the hero (it was hilarious that he even fooled a majority of the audience that weren't nerds). Second, he turns evil and proceeded to beat the absolute crap out of Peter with a glorious nightmare sequence (I don't know how it could've been more perfect) in the first fight and forces Peter to rely on his powers to win the second fight. Third, even after losing, he gets one last shot in as he reveals Peter's identity "from beyond the grave". Unless Jake turns down a Sinister Six movie I don't see how Mysterio doesn't come back. Oh and did I mention the fish bowl?!? I can't believe they used the fish bowl and it didn't look bad at all. So happy they nailed him.

Well. I’m glad Mysterio was the last villain out of the mcu. Anyone else would have screwed him up

I liked how they handled Mysterio, and I think they interpreted and adapted his character in the best possible way. The writing for Quentin Beck was clever, and Jake Gyllenhaal was very good. Definitely one of the most entertaining villains we've had in the MCU.

Credit to music composer Michael Giacchino on creating a very compelling theme for Mysterio that starts off heroic and noble then turns into a sinister and dark theme worthy of the master of Illusion.

This was Mysterio done right. I knew he would be brilliant after what Watts did with Vulture; Mysterio was a no brainier for a cinematic villain, as his entire deal is he makes illusions. Growing up in the 90s/early 2000s, the entire movie was ripped right out of a comic book/Spider-Man TAS/Spider-Man on PS1. First Mysterio fools everyone into thinking he's the hero (it was hilarious that he even fooled a majority of the audience that weren't nerds). Second, he turns evil and proceeded to beat the absolute crap out of Peter with a glorious nightmare sequence (I don't know how it could've been more perfect) in the first fight and forces Peter to rely on his powers to win the second fight. Third, even after losing, he gets one last shot in as he reveals Peter's identity "from beyond the grave". Unless Jake turns down a Sinister Six movie I don't see how Mysterio doesn't come back. Oh and did I mention the fish bowl?!? I can't believe they used the fish bowl and it didn't look bad at all. So happy they nailed him.

The fish bowl was never going to look bad but anything else would have.

I liked how they handled Mysterio, and I think they interpreted and adapted his character in the best possible way. The writing for Quentin Beck was clever, and Jake Gyllenhaal was very good. Definitely one of the most entertaining villains we've had in the MCU.
Completely agree. The theme of deception is coated throughout the film, right until the end with the revelation about Nick Fury's location. I had wanted Mysterio used in live action for the longest time and I wasn't disappointed.

Giacchino gave him a very good theme, too.

I liked him. He was much more fun than Vulture and got inside Peter's head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"