Homecoming Marisa Tomei Is Aunt May!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're raised by an aunt or uncle you can kinda be more casual with them, and can pull the "you're not my mom/dad" card.

All I know is when Tony said he was currently on break with Pepper, I thought, "uh oh, I know where this is going..."

Thought Tomei gave off the right vibes even as brief as her scene was & am looking forward to seeing more of her. Very glad they poked fun at her being younger & hotter, worked perfectly.

And Tomei & Holland seem to have a natural chemistry that I'm dying to see in the solo movie.

All I know is when Tony said he was currently on break with Pepper, I thought, "uh oh, I know where this is going..."

I think they might as well hook up. Daddy Stark comedy plays right into your levity between Tony and Parker. Spider-Man monitoring date night between Aunt May/Tony while Tony has his Stark tech to combat Spidey. Perfect comedy angle.

Not the angle I'd have chosen, but they shouldn't have made Aunt May the hottest MCU character either.

Now Dad will want to take the kids to see Homecoming for two reasons.

Oh Aunt May....

giphy.gif

I liked how they kinda poked fun at the complaints about Aunt May getting younger too

"We come in all shapes and sizes."

Great way to tell the haters to shut up!

People were cracking up in my theater because when Aunt May appeared this guy sitting in the middle yelled: SHE'S HOT!

#AuntMayIsHotNow is a trend on facebook now. :funny:

I'm all about that Stark and Aunt May hook up. It will be comedy gold seeing Peter react and deal with them dating. Sorry Pep, but it's on to the next one.

So, instead of Coulson dating her from the USM cartoon, it'd be Stark dating her in the films. Hopefully it'd only span the film and Aunt May would break it off with him in the same vain she did with Coulson.

Otherwise..

eFrwUUl.jpg

That becomes a reality and I'm reduced to tears (in a bad way).

Yeah, I've encountered plenty of suprised people about Tomei as May. And it will be quite interesting to see if the Stark/May relationship actually goes anywhere.

Yeah, I've encountered plenty of suprised people about Tomei as May. And it will be quite interesting to see if the Stark/May relationship actually goes anywhere.

I am actually ok with some flirtness, specifically if it's one sided by Tony as May is flattered by compliments. But anything more would be misappropriate to both Peter and May. But 100% definitely dont want some Uncle Tony developing or hinting at it.

Love, love, loved Tomei. She brings something fresh to the character imo.

Love, love, loved Tomei. She brings something fresh to the character imo.

Yup. I really liked Peter and May's interactions (despite how short it was) and the general set-up of Peter's personal life and living condition.

How in the world did we go from this?

kbmdpnbylhiuoq1jxemo.jpg

To this?

5659-28524.jpg

To this? :hmr:

Marisa-Tomei-Without-Bra-with-Sexy-Look-on-her-Face.jpg

I don't know but I like it! #HotAuntMay

Maurisa will have to bring her absolute A game to match Rosemary. Just look at Rosemary in that pic. That's Aunt May right there!

You know, what I actually kind of wonder if why Aunt May had the dying great-grandmother look in the first place. What exactly were Lee and Ditko thinking when designing her?

They just made parental figures very old for some reason. Also, it probably played into making it slightly easier for Peter to slip in and out and also to have to worry about her just ****ing keeling over at any point.

You know, what I actually kind of wonder if why Aunt May had the dying great-grandmother look in the first place. What exactly were Lee and Ditko thinking when designing her?
To give Peter someone to worry about if I remember correctly.

She didn't feel like his sister to me, but, just as importantly, she didn't feel like his Mom. She was his Aunt, who tended to be a bit more buddy-buddy, but still in a position of supervision.

Nailed it on the head. Tomei's May and her interactions with Peter reminds me a lot of how my own aunts and my relationships with them. Not to mention the shades of Ultimate Aunt May that were present in her too, especially in the Post-Credits Scene.

I've been for this casting since Day 1 and I'm glad to see I was right on the money. Tomei nailed it.

Yeah, but shouldn't Aunt May be like a mother to him? Since she raised him and all?

Well we don't know how old Peter was when his parents died, it could be a recent event for all we know.

Rosemary Harris was so pitch-perfect in the role that I don't expect anyone to top her performance ...

HOWEVER, I am completely open-minded and welcoming towards Marisa Tomei as Aunt May. Her very small part in Civil War made me optimistic. I thought she had a really pleasant and happy presence. And hey, Tomei is almost 52 years old; she's definitely "old enough" to be Peter's Aunt ... She just looks VERY good for her age. And good for her; Rock on, Marisa!

My brother was really funny when we both saw the movie with our friends. He was like, "Well ... Aunt May is the hottest female in the MCU right now, as far as I'm concerned. Never thought I'd say that!" :funny:

One of the dynamics of Peter's relationship with his elderly aunt was her finding out his secret and dying from the shock. None of that now :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"