Homecoming Marisa Tomei Is Aunt May!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel Spider

An Insomniac.
Reaction score
marissa-tomei.jpg

Now that Marvel and Sony have found their Peter Parker, the focus has turned to the aunt who raised him.

Sources tell Variety that Marisa Tomei is the choice to play Aunt May in the next installment of the “Spider-Man” franchise.

Sony and Marvel had no comment on the casting.

While insiders could not say where things stood in the deal-making process, they have added that an offer was made late last week for the Oscar-winning actress to join Tom Holland, who was recently tapped to play the web-slinging superhero.

Marvel and Sony recently hand-picked Holland to play Spider-Man after months of meetings and screen tests with eager young actors, in addition to selecting “Cop Car” helmer Jon Watts to direct the pic.

The studios are still in the process of finding a writer to join Watts in the screenwriting process but insiders explained that the top brass also wanted to lock down other actors who would appear in multiple films so schedules could be worked out before shooting commences next year.

Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal will produce the pic, and though Holland is expected to first appear in “Captain America: Civil War” in a cameo appearance as Parker, it seems more likely that Tomei will not appear until the first “Spider-Man” film bows on July 28, 2017.

The job marks a new direction for Tomei, who generally sticks to dramas like “The Ides of March” and “The Wrestler,” or romantic comedies like “Crazy Stupid Love” and “My Cousin Vinny” (which landed her an Oscar), rather than studio tentpoles.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/marisa-tomei-spider-man-1201536080/

I was JUST about to post this! :argh:

:oldrazz:

Nice choice, definitely wasn't expecting this this early.

Aunt May is bringing sexy back...

I really like this choice.

Plus she's 50, which I'm okay with. Not too young. :yay:

This is shocking and excellent. Now I'm half-interested in the movie.

Please no bs about Peter's parents.

There are so many inappropriate GIFs I want to post right now... :(

WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...!!!!

Good Lord, Aunt May is now the hottest woman in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Did not expect this so soon. Jason Alexander for Uncle Ben?

Confirmed: Aunt May driving a Buick Skylark.

Yeah, though, a little odd, even considering a younger, more-Ultimate version of Aunt May. Good actress tho.

In my mind, Aunt May is an older woman. Even though technically it makes perfect sense that Marisa is plenty old enough to be Peter's aunt, its still weird to me to have someone so young looking in the role.

So they're just going younger and hotter with Aunt May now? We start with Rosemary Harris, then we go to Sally Field, and now Marisa Tomei. Still, she is a really good actress, so I'd be ok with it (provided that it's true of course).

Aunt May has a thing for short, stocky, bald men.

Not my first choice and really out of left field casting BUT... Peter will have a hot aunt. Wish we could've got Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep, or Jamie Lee Curtis, but alas... no big deal. I trust Marvel's judgment.

Talk about left-field brilliance.

Well DC cast noted MILF Diane Lane as Ma Kent and I was fine with it there. So, sure why not. Tomei's a damn fine actress. Makes me wonder who'll play Uncle Ben though.

Good choice I really like tomei as an actress especially in the wrestler

NEVER would have thought of her, but I'm all for this. Awesome.

Well DC cast noted MILF Diane Lane as Ma Kent and I was fine with it there. So, sure why not. Tomei's a damn fine actress. Makes me wonder who'll play Uncle Ben though.

...what's Dennis Quaid doing these days?!

My hubs LOVES him some Marisa Tomei, so I cannot wait to tell him 1) that she's the new Aunt May and 2) she is freakin' 50! WHAT THE HECK?!?! I need her beauty secrets.

I'm definitely down for this.. great actress.. and this photo especially looks really aunt-mayish in the face to me... Now... grey her hair and make her look about 10 years older and i'm down. I don't want a "young hip aunt may" I want a spunky strong yet sometimes over-does it with a mean wheat-cake recipe aunt may!

she doesn't have to be 80 and frail.. but at least look about Sally Fields age.. just more.... aunt may like

I never knew Aunt May was this hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"