• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Homecoming Marisa Tomei Is Aunt May!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my god, Trouble is the worst

Just being reminded that it exists ruins my day

Props to Marvel. They understand that a 15 year old kid isn't neccessarily gonna have an aunt that looks more like their Grandma instead.

Mmm, she's hot...what? I didn't say anything! No, you shut up!

First Elektra now Aunt May, I'm sensing a female based casting pattern here.

Totally out of left field, but she should be great!

Where's mah post? Why has it been deleted? Why can't I be honest?

It's kind of an odd selection but I adore Marisa so whatever. I'm glad they didn't just hire the Crypt Keeper straightaway.

Well that's definitely an unexpected, yet interesting choice.

I mean, it does make sense to go younger with aunt May as well

Now we can wash the bitter taste of Sally Field's Aunt May away. Harris and Tomei will stand as two pillars of great classic and modern interpretations while Sally withers away to a cold and unrecognizable place.

Where's mah post? Why has it been deleted? Why can't I be honest?

Ah, that was probably why my response was deleted.

I guess it's against the rules to say something like that.

First we get a hot Ma Kent, now we get a hot Aunt May? I cant cope! She is a great actress though and the right age for the role so I can dig it.

Decent choice. But now it's impossible for Hammond to be uncle Ben.

I guess he could be a teacher or aunt May's father (lol)

I like Tomei because she can do comedy and drama equally well in films as diverse as Anger Management, My Cousin Vinnie, In the Bedroom, and the Wrestler. She was also in RDJ's Chaplin as well from back in the day. I can totally see her as the rock who has to raise Peter on her own as opposed to the frail old woman who's clueless. She has that sexy yet goofy quality , but can also be tough as well.

Its the casting direction I was hoping they were going for her character so I'm glad. I like the direction Feige and Watt are going and I like what i'm hearing about the project.

Well DC cast noted MILF Diane Lane as Ma Kent and I was fine with it there. So, sure why not. Tomei's a damn fine actress. Makes me wonder who'll play Uncle Ben though.

And Annette O'Toole before her

Now we can wash the bitter taste of Sally Field's Aunt May away. Harris and Tomei will stand as two pillars of great classic and modern interpretations while Sally withers away to a cold and unrecognizable place.

Field wasn't bad in my book

This is just a way to distance this reboot from the previous Spider-man films.

Seems harmless to me.

But I'd expect more changes in the future. They're going to want this version to have its own flavor.

Props to Marvel. They understand that a 15 year old kid isn't neccessarily gonna have an aunt that looks more like their Grandma instead.

That's what I was thinking too. I mean, what, was Ben Parker like 25 when Peter's father was born?

I wouldn't mind them throwing a bit of grey in her hair, though. Just because Tomei looks so much younger than she really is.

I figured they were going to go younger, but not this young. I'm pleased though. Marisa Tomei is a pretty fantastic actress and truly underrated.

Plus, she'll be the only Aunt May who has done nude scenes.

I dont like. Aunt May is supposed to be two hip replacements away from a nursing home. I wasnt a fan of Sally Field's casting and this is even worse IMO

yet it can and still happens and it most defintely did for Peter. Its not that uncommon

I figured they were going to go younger, but not this young. I'm pleased though. Marisa Tomei is a pretty fantastic actress and truly underrated.

Plus, she'll be the only Aunt May who has done nude scenes.

You havent' seen Rosemary Harris' Maxim spread I take it.

Now I wonder who v@can match her as Uncle Ben?

I dont like. Aunt May is supposed to be two hip replacements away from a nursing home. I wasnt a fan of Sally Field's casting and this is even worse IMO

yet it can and still happens and it most defintely did for Peter. Its not that uncommon

Its not that uncommon , but the likelihood is that a 15 year old is going to have aunt and uncle who's in their 40s through 50s tops, not one who's in 60s and 70s. Age wise, Tomei isn't too young to be Holland's Aunt at all.

I always assumed they were old because it was one of the elements Lee took from Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"