Homecoming Will Spider-Man replace Thor as part of the big 3 in the MCU?

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
Will Spider-Man replace Thor as part of the big 3 in the MCU?

I'm not talking about the Avengers themselves, because Cap, Iron Man and Thor will always be the big three.

I'm talking about the big 3 heroes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. IM, Cap and Thor have each had their own individual movies and are promoted essentially as the top 3 popular heroes of this film universe that Marvel has established in terms of how the audience perceives them. Hulk probably follows closely behind, but because people find Thor, as a human-looking male, more relatable than a green monster, he probably still stays ahead of him.

However, with Spidey now in the MCU, will the big three in terms of marketing, promotion, merchandising and audience reception be Iron Man, Cap and Spidey?

It seems almost inevitable that Spidey will bump Thor off that spot because he is extremely popular by himself, and with the Marvel push, would be set to go even higher.

What do people think?

I doubt he replace third I believe Chris Hemsworth still has a few more films to his deal then say robert. Who ever is the new spidey will probably take stark top billing as the face for mcu. While robert starts to do less appearances and probably by late phase 4 end his deal with marvel and they likely take a break from stark and let spidey be face. To they bring back stark with next actor.

I doubt he replace third I believe Chris Hemsworth still has a few more films to his deal then say robert. Who ever is the new spidey will probably take stark top billing as the face for mcu. While robert starts to do less appearances and probably by late phase 4 end his deal with marvel and they likely take a break from stark and let spidey be face. To they bring back stark with next actor.

But in the public's mind, RDJ will still be No.1, so even with a new Spider-Man, he won't replace him, at least not at the moment, if ever. He might gain equal status eventually, but that depends also on the actor they pick for the role.

If Iron Man had been played by a less charismatic actor, you can bet that he probably wouldn't even be in the big three of the MCU.

If Spidey is involved, there is no big 3, just Spidey and everyone else, till Logan comes back....

I imagine Strange has much bigger problems to deal with. And he's far too powerful to be on a Team of superheroes. So I think he's out of the equation.

Likely

Spider-Man=Replacing Captain America
Vision=Replacing Iron Man
Ms. Marvel=Replacing Thor
Black Panther=Replacing Black Widow
Black Bolt=Replacing Hulk
Falcon or War Machine(depends on which one dies)=Replacing Hawkeye

I don't really want to include any of the Defenders(Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Iron Fist) on this team. I would like them to remain they're own Team.

Even though they dont own the character rights, I just can't see how Spidey won't have a huge role in the MCU.

He'll definitely be featured heavily, and that is great for business.

He will, Sony doesnlt have a choice. It's either let Marvel use Spider-Man more or try to reboot again. And they know they can't take that risk.

The big 3 will become the big 4 officially but unofficially it will be Spider-Man and the big 3. It'll be like the picture they used to announce Spidey joining.

I imagine Strange has much bigger problems to deal with. And he's far too powerful to be on a Team of superheroes. So I think he's out of the equation.

Likely

Spider-Man=Replacing Captain America
Vision=Replacing Iron Man
Ms. Marvel=Replacing Thor
Black Panther=Replacing Black Widow
Black Bolt=Replacing Hulk
Falcon or War Machine(depends on which one dies)=Replacing Hawkeye

I don't really want to include any of the Defenders(Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Iron Fist) on this team. I would like them to remain they're own Team.

That doesn't make sense at all within the context of the original question. I get the feeling you haven't understood it.

For me, Marvel's big 3 will always be Captain America, Ironman, and Thor, mostly because they mirror the DC trinity. Spiderman, for me is more like a free agent to me. Popular on his own terms.

For me, Marvel's big 3 will always be Captain America, Ironman, and Thor, mostly because they mirror the DC trinity. Spiderman, for me is more like a free agent to me. Popular on his own terms.

Yeah, thats why originally sony wanted to keep him separate. I still kinda wish that he had been, especially with the whole sinister six lining up... but oh well. I hope he isn't just a side character of a few films. I wonder if they plan on making a Spiderman 2 2018/19... I hope they make spiderman have his own films, instead of just one film then allowing him into the universe. They can't just hulk spiderman, and it looks like they wont, but just one film before the big IW seems too much like he is more of a side character like doctor strange or black panther. (Not that those characters, or spidey wont be important, its just they dont seem to be part of the big 3 avengers.)
Hulk should have at least had one movie planned for him... he should have been part of the top 4. I'm fine with him being more of a side character, but I would HATE if they did that to poor little peter parker.
I kinda doubt that Spidey will replace anyone. I think he will be a VERY important side character, not part of the top 3 4 or 5.

The big 3 will become the big 4 officially but unofficially it will be Spider-Man and the big 3. It'll be like the picture they used to announce Spidey joining.

Actually that would make much more sense.

I do feel if who ever is new peter they will try to push him as the face of mcu in phase 4 and on. Since I can't see rdj staying past maybe a few phase 4 films. And they likely will minimize im for a bit to they replace robert. And if spidey is a pull with fans like robert was that be way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"