No Way Home Post-NWH: What Do You Want To See In The Next Trilogy?(Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
With No Way Home capping off the Homecoming trilogy, Holland has said that if a new trilogy were to happen(which it will) it will have to be very different from the last trilogy. So with that in mind, what are your wishlist of things you want to see in the next Spider-Man trilogy.

For me, here’s a few things I would like to see.

- Spider-Man teaming up with Daredevil to fight Kingpin.
- Spider-Man being college roommates with Johnny Storm.
- A Spider-Man who’s much more protective of his identity this time around. No more openly introducing himself to strangers, even if they are fellow superheroes like Doctor Strange.
- Spider-Man who works for the Daily Bugle.

They need to sit back and seriously reassess this character. Just take some time away from this universe before they move forward. If it’s another MCU themed Spider-Man movie like the last trilogy then I want no part of it. This character and the world around him deserves to be treated much more seriously.

I don’t want any MCU character crossovers. Just a grounded friendly neighborhood Spider-Man in NY, the last 10 minutes of NWH made me believe that is the direction they are going

…just Spidey Vs. Kingpin.

Maybe, bring Daredevil in, but only to team-up mid-film. Let Peter fight Kingpin alone in the finale - Daredevil will know that’s important for his character, plus we could blame it on Peter being stubborn… trying to be his own man. Which, Matt knows all about.

With No Way Home capping off the Homecoming trilogy, Holland has said that if a new trilogy were to happen(which it will) it will have to be very different from the last trilogy. So with that in mind, what are your wishlist of things you want to see in the next Spider-Man trilogy.

- A Spider-Man who’s much more protective of his identity this time around. No more openly introducing himself to strangers, even if they are fellow superheroes like Doctor Strange.
- Spider-Man who works for the Daily Bugle.

If The Daily Bugle was a traditional newspaper like in the Raimi and Webb films instead of, now, a website, I could see that. But in today's world where the Bugle functions more as a controversial news site instead of your everyday newspaper, I don't know how that would go. Not saying it couldn't work, but the feel would definitely be different.

On a related note, does this Peter Parker even have any interest in photography?

Spider-Man 4 - Black suit Spidey introduced as the symbiote preys on Peter's isolation and grief, MJ and him re-unite, she helps him reject the symbiote.

Spider-Man 5 - Team-up with Human Torch and the start of Johnny's rivalry/friendship with both Peter and Spidey. Rivalry with Spidey over superhero stuff, rivalry with Peter over MJ's affection.

Spider-Man 6 - Passing of the torch to Miles, massive Spider-Verse event.

Really loving where they left this movie off.

Feels like we're about to get the classic street-level, college-aged Peter struggling to pay rent and maintain a love life while saving the city.

I feel like it's the perfect time now to introduce the black suit and give Peter his own version of Venom. Please no Tom Hardy.

Really loving where they left this movie off.

Feels like we're about to get the classic street-level, college-aged Peter struggling to pay rent and maintain a love life while saving the city.

I feel like it's the perfect time now to introduce the black suit and give Peter his own version of Venom. Please no Tom Hardy.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I want to see it more like traditional Spider-Man, which is what they seem to be doing. It looks like we are also going to see some form of Black Suit story and a Venom crossover I am sure. But I would like to see a proper Tom Holland based Sinister Six. Bring back Vulture and Mysterio. Mysterio can not know who he is now. Make Gargan Scorpion now. Add a few more classic Spidey villains, and boom! Sinister Six. That is what I want.

Last edited:
Kingpin in movie 1, guest starring Daredevil. Have Peter start working at the Bugle and introduce more of the classic supporting cast from the comics. But make this a grounded street level adventure of Spidey and Daredevil taking down the crime bosses of NYC.

Kraven the Hunter in movie 2 and the black suit.

Spiderman vs Venom in movie 3.

Kingpin in movie 1, guest starring Daredevil. Have Peter start working at the Bugle and introduce more of the classic supporting cast from the comics. But make this a grounded street level adventure of Spidey and Daredevil taking down the crime bosses of NYC.

Kraven the Hunter in movie 2 and the black suit.

Spiderman vs Venom in movie 3.

I would love a Kingpin and Spider-Man movie. So, yes lol

Organized Crime is a MUST! With someone like Spider-Man in the field it would definitely be time to do a super crime arms race. (I THOUGHT we were going that route in the MCU when Tony Stark thought that something like Vulture was beneath the super powers crowd (but alas). When the animated Spectacular touched on this by the mob creating "playmates" for the superhero only for it to turn around and bite them in the butt when supervillains wanted in on organized crime (Goblin and Ock), I felt it was BRILLIANT).

I'd say that Kingpin having to deal with someone like Spider-Man would make him want to up his game with weaponry with stuff like his laser cane specifically to deal with the super powered crowd (heroes who want to stop him or villains who want to usurp him)

Absolutely Kingpin and a Daredevil teamup. There's not many characters I absolutely want to see Spidey team up with in a movie but Daredevil is one of them, they're just tailor made for each other.

A “street-level” Spider-Man film, with MCU flare.

Kingpin and Mr. Negative are central antagonists as Spidey finds himself in the middle of their bloody gang war to control the New York City underworld.
  • Lots of opportunity to feature/highlight fun secondary villains/assassin-types like Enforcers, Rhino, Big Wheel, Boomerang, Silver Sable, Hammerhead, etc. And a return of Donald Glover as Aaron Davis / Prowler.
Matt Murdock / Daredevil guest appears; he’s been working to takedown Kingpin forever and doesn’t want Spider-Man to muck things up.

Felicia Hardy / Black Cat is the primary female lead; we’re never too sure which side she’s on.

Real emphasis on Peter’s struggles to pay rent, etc. That classic “Parker luck.”

New supporting cast including Jean DeWolff, Hobie Brown, and maybe Max Modell? I don’t know much about the Horizon Labs stories/ characters. Foggy can jump over from the Netflix series too.

I think I’d like to see Zendaya return, to some extent. Like maybe it’s summer vacation after freshman year, so she’s back in the city. Very minor appearance, but I always liked her characterization of MJ (though I do just wish her name was Mary Jane) and would like to see that story continue someday. But, for now, let’s see some other famous love interests from the comics.

The symbiote story could be used to amp up the ‘duality’ of all involved characters, and obviously Peter once he dons the suit. It reminds him of the ease he felt wearing a Stark suit, so he’s more willing to keep it. Plus, he’s fought alongside friendly aliens.

If a villain has to become bonded in the same film, let’s go Mac Gargan. He’s an Enforcer now, or working for either Kingpin or Mr. Negative.

I don’t want Peter at the Daily Bugle; that doesn’t make sense to me in this universe. To be honest, maybe he’s doing TaskRabbit-type odd jobs. It could be a fun sequence of him doing chores for strangers, secretly using his spider powers (like Maguire swinging to delivery pizza on time).

No Miles…yet.

Last edited:
It looks like pretty much everyone is one the same page :applaud

Based on the incredible last 5 minutes of NWH and how they are introducing Kingpin and DD again, we very well may be heading in an amazing direction.

A “street-level” Spider-Man film, with MCU flare.

Kingpin and Mr. Negative are central antagonists as Spidey finds himself in the middle of their bloody gang war to control the New York City underworld.
  • Lots of opportunity to feature/highlight fun secondary villains/assassin-types like Enforcers, Rhino, Big Wheel, Boomerang, Silver Sable, Hammerhead, etc. And a return of Donald Glover as Aaron Davis / Prowler.
Matt Murdock / Daredevil guest appears; he’s been working to takedown Kingpin forever and doesn’t want Spider-Man to muck things up.

Felicia Hardy / Black Cat is the primary female lead; we’re never too sure which side she’s on.

Real emphasis on Peter’s struggles to pay rent, etc. That classic “Parker luck.”

New supporting cast including Jean DeWolff, Hobie Brown, and maybe Max Modell? I don’t know much about the Horizon Labs stories/ characters. Foggy can jump over from the Netflix series too.

I think I’d like to see Zendaya return, to some extent. Like maybe it’s summer vacation after freshman year, so she’s back in the city. Very minor appearance, but I always liked her characterization of MJ (though I do just wish her name was Mary Jane) and would like to see that story continue someday. But, for now, let’s see some other famous love interests from the comics.

The symbiote story could be used to amp up the ‘duality’ of all involved characters, and obviously Peter once he dons the suit. It reminds him of the ease he felt wearing a Stark suit, so he’s more willing to keep it. Plus, he’s fought alongside friendly aliens.

If a villain has to become bonded in the same film, let’s go Mac Gargan. He’s an Enforcer now, or working for either Kingpin or Mr. Negative.

I don’t want Peter at the Daily Bugle; that doesn’t make sense to me in this universe. To be honest, maybe he’s doing TaskRabbit-type odd jobs. It could be a fun sequence of him doing chores for strangers, secretly using his spider powers (like Maguire swinging to delivery pizza on time).

No Miles…yet.

OMG! Black Cat! THAT is a must!

Since I don't think Venom and Kraven are gonna be options as villains for a little while, I concur with people saying that a "street level" enemy like Fisk appearing would be a great idea. If they wanna use an entirely new villain, they can go with characters like Hammerhead or Tombstone instead (as long as they cast a Black actor with albinism as Tombstone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"