Homecoming The reason why we don't see Peter's Spider Sense in Spider-Man: Homecoming

Was about to say. The spider sense is an invisible power. Unless the director goes out of his way to dramatize it in some manner, it *wouldn't* be "seen" onscreen.

This. It is an invisible power. Why do we have to see it when we can just it see it in action?

We don't have to have to have every aspect of Spider-Man and his powers spoonfed to us. As a moviegoer, an obvious attempt to dramatize and have the obligatory "Spidey sense scene" or have a sense of danger each time in the film would just be silly and exploitative. Quite frankly, an insult to a filmgoer's intelligence if not done well and with subtlety.

We're hitting the ground running with SMH, folks. There will be time enough next installment. I'm sure the voices will be heard and you'll get your shot. We're good here.

Come on, didn't we see Spider sense in Civil War when Bucky threw a piece of metal at Parker?
yes, he also seemed to have a feeling something was wrong a split second before Ant-Man appeared off the shield

It is possible to portray that his Spider Sense is in use without having to devote a great degree of spectacle to it. The garage sequence in the third act was nearly a perfect display of it, had Peter not failed to realize the obvious with regard to the support beams. I don't expect Spider Sense to bail him out of every situation, but he should at least be aware of danger, even if he is unable to evade it.

A solid example would be the first Raimi film when Peter is battling Norman in the burning apartment building. We can see that his Spider Sense is in effect, but he still gets cut by one of the razor bats. I would like to see similar sequences that acknowledge the power, without dramatizing it.

I think this is a flawed time to try and showcase this. It was more of a moment of inexperience and lack of foresight that did him in in this case.

It's certainly likely that his spider sense was going off the entire time, as he was dodging the wingsuit. He was in immediate danger the whole scene once the action sequence started up. As far as he knew, he was dodging the attacks perfectly. He just underestimated the intelligence of Toombs.

It's not like he "wasn't" in danger until the roof fell on him...

I think this is a flawed time to try and showcase this. It was more of a moment of inexperience and lack of foresight that did him in in this case.

It's certainly likely that his spider sense was going off the entire time, as he was dodging the wingsuit. He was in immediate danger the whole scene once the action sequence started up. As far as he knew, he was dodging the attacks perfectly. He just underestimated the intelligence of Toombs.

It's not like he "wasn't" in danger until the roof fell on him...

Yeah. Again, the Spider Sense is *not* omniscience. It warns him of the presence of danger, and gives some idea about its direction, proximity, and intensity. It doesn't whisper in his ear "Pssst, Peter! Roof collapse!" It makes perfect sense that an inexperience Peter would notice and focus on the flying wing harness that is trying to attack him, and not quite realize it was also collapsing the roof supports. After all, the roof collapse was still something the wing harness was doing, on top of it being a more indirect and delayed threat then "wing harness tries to ram you".

Except it's not invisible at all. We see it established in Infinity War. The trailer footage at D23 showed the new version of the Spider-Sense for the MCU. So he does have it.

The garage sequence wasn't perfect at all because it's not really showing the Spider-Sense allowing him to do those things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"