Post-TBM: What Do You Want To See Next In The Reeves Batman Trilogy?(Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Now, I don't know if they'd do this because of Margot, but considering we've had multiple incarnations of other characters, I'd love to see Reeves' take on Harley Quinn, and think like he's done with other characters, he'd create the most comic book accurate version of her, and I think it'd make sense given the spin-offs and the possible appearance of Joker in sequels. I also would love for them to cast Juno Temple. If you've seen her work, you'd understand why I think she'd be able to pull off a more comic-book accurate Harley. I think she'd be great alongside Barry too :D
Juno Temple would be a good Harley but she was already in TDKR as Selina's sidekick. I suppose it's not impossible for her to be Harley since she it was just a small role in TDKR that most people probably wouldn't remember anyway, but it's less likely to happen because of it.

latest

Juno Temple would be a good Harley but she was already in TDKR as Selina's sidekick. I suppose it's not impossible for her to be Harley since she it was just a small role in TDKR that most people probably wouldn't remember anyway, but it's less likely to happen because of it.
Yeah I thought about that but she'd be so perfect, and as you say it was such a small role in TDKR, I think it'd be alright :)

Hmmm. Very torn on genre-shifting vs. doing another noir mystery. I don't feel like we've seen the world's greatest detective yet. I agree that I don't think it should be another serial killer, but you can still stay in the noir realm without that.

And I walked away from this film feeling like we were not done with the "how deep does the corruption go" of it all.

Definitely would like to see Ivy as an eco terrorist and more like her BTAS counterpart

Selina as a full-fledged Catwoman.

I'd like t see Rupert Thorne introduced as a head of one of the other crime families, now Falcone is out of the picture and Maroni is incarcerated.

Bring back Selina. Please. For me, Catwoman is just as fundamental to Batman as Joker or Robin.

To be honest, I have no idea which way the movies should go in terms of villains. This movie reminded me so much of Netflix’s Daredevil. I think there’s a potential for craziness (Mr. Freeze or whoever) but it just needs to be handled in an in-universe sensible way.

I think he needs to tighten up and refine his script work more.

Also, Batman can't constantly be a step behind and undercut by all the villains. We need to see a Bat-Gambit actually pay off. Batman has to serve a successful purpose to some degree, otherwise, he is part of the problem that belongs behind bars.

Reeves got me hyped for his take on Mr. Freeze, so I want Mr. Freeze more than anything. Hugo Strange would be a good addition as well. I feel like we just dipped our toes into the Arkham Asylum waters so I think/hope that place will get more of a showcase in the sequel. Definitely want to see Penguin in a higher position of power and more Selina, too. Since the DA is dead, seems like it’s a good time to meet Harvey Dent as well. But I’d personally save Joker and Two-Face as main baddies for the 3rd movie (not in the same way as TDK, though - like Harvey could get scarred and end up in Arkham at the end of movie 2, then by movie 3 he could have already escaped and have his own gang or something. Give us gangster Harvey!). I really would love to see Harvey’s mental illness to be a thing with the next iteration of Dent before he ever gets scarred.

I would really like to see some smaller villains, not as main baddies, but just populating Gotham and showing Batman’s having to deal with increasingly colorful rogues on a regular basis, like Firefly or Professor Pyg, or even The Ventriloquist. Just for like a scene or two or something.

And in either this sequel or the next, I want to see Robin. I feel like this version of Bruce is MOST primed for a Robin.

Also want to see Bruce and Alfred work on building Bruce’s public persona together. And maybe Dr. Leslie Thompkins.
I agreed with every line here! I don’t even have to use my brain as you put all my thoughts down for me. :D

Court of Owls would be the perfect fit but I'd take Hugo Strange and/or Mr Freeze as well.

I am Joker fatigued at the moment. We had another one three years ago and another one three years before that, without even counting FOX's Gotham. Batman has a rich gallery of rogues, they should stick to some of the other villains and not make treat this like the comics where every story has to have Joker at some capacity. Or at least give him a supporting role, if he has to appear, since they already teased him in the first movie.
I want another film with top performances from non-Joker villains but I’d be ready after that.

I think they can all be detective films.

Maybe the second could be a whodunit with all the rogues in Arkham, a long night that gets trippy and weird, with the twist being some sort of take on Clayface. It could be all about Bruce’s neglect or denial of his own mental illness, which Joker needs to prove to Bruce.

A third film could be about the mystery of the Court of Owls, and Bruce’s ever growing paranoia, not wanting to put others in danger, perhaps after the death of Selina or Gordon by the hands of Freeze. Could be about Bruce learning to let go, allowing Dick Grayson to help him.

I think they can all be detective films.

Maybe the second could be a whodunit with all the rogues in Arkham, a long night that gets trippy and weird, with the twist being some sort of take on Clayface. It could be all about Bruce’s neglect or denial of his own mental illness, which Joker needs to prove to Bruce.

A third film could be about the mystery of the Court of Owls, and Bruce’s ever growing paranoia, not wanting to put others in danger, perhaps after the death of Selina or Gordon by the hands of Freeze. Could be about Bruce learning to let go, allowing Dick Grayson to help him.

Those are pretty great takes. But I’d be gutted if Freeze kills Selina or Gordon—maybe another call to action instead lol.

I don't usually speculate on sequels because I'm more of "let's see what the director comes up with" type of guy but i think there's a number of avenues they can take. A noir christmas setting with Freeze as the villain would be amazing. I also think it would be cool to see someone like Hugo Strange, especially as we delve more into Arkham Asylum and all of that good stuff. I think Robin is indeed gonna happen in this trilogy, but it's just a question of when.

I also wouldn't mind it if Poison Ivy was featured here. She's another character that's due for a live action reinvention. Ventriloquist would fit in perfectly as well.

Given how grandiose this movie is, would Reeves want to reign things back and tell a smaller story for the sequel?

Given how grandiose this movie is, would Reeves want to reign things back and tell a smaller story for the sequel?

Considering the ending, I think the 2nd movie will be even richer and bigger than this one. I hope not that much and it stays in the emotional journey of Bruce.

But I would love a more character-driven movie for the 3d chapter.
It would be quite unusual, in an era where cinecomics must be always bigger and more epic than the previous, but I would want something visceral and simple.

An emotional climax of the journey and not a "big scale" climax.
Something like a soft ASHOSE adaptation.

It depends in what direction they go (keep noir crime v diverse into other area) but I would love to see a version of Deathstroke take on this version of Batman to give him a villain who can physically test him with Penguin pulling strings in a Mafia/Heat/War style film.

I feel it will be something else though, probably more in line with the first.

A new take at Robin would be amazing, considering the movie ended in a more hopeul tone. And, please, can we finally have some cool batarang moments? :funny:

In no particular order.

1. Gadgets continually upgraded.
2. More Narration.
3. Penguin leading Falcones operation.
4. More Alfred and Bruce.
5. Bruce and Bella Reàl helping Gotham through philanthropy, not Bruce being an idiot though, him being caring and nice Ala BTAS.

I'd like to see Bruce Wayne fleshed out more with a more established public persona. I'd like to see Batman suit recieve upgrades, better cape and cowl. Batarangs, and more bat gadgets.

Ivy as an eco terrorist and a femme fatale to Bruce/Batman would be an interesting take and I think you could easily adapt her so her powers become biological weapons.

I think Court of Owls with Hush makes the most sense.

We've never seen someone with as much money as Bruce using their resources to fight him. Hush has the motivation to challenge Bruce and go after Catwoman as Falcone’s kid. Doing it as a more neo-western like Blade Runner and Justified

here's my pitch for the sequel:

Bella Real is trying to rebuild the city and Harvey Dent enters as the new D.A also trying to help. I don't know if they are going to do a huge time jump or set it a year later.

Then there's this eco terrorist called Pamela Isely know as the "Poison Ivy" who thinks Gotham now belongs to nature and that there is no point of rebuilding.

The Penguin puts a bounty on Batman's head and hires Victor Fries to kill The Batman, he must save his sick wife and needs the money.

You can also add that there is no longer structure in Gotham so the city has been divided in territories and some of them are controlled by criminals, so the city now belongs to the freaks no longer the people in suits.

As for Bruce Wayne, I think it's logical he will become more involved with helping the city as Bruce Wayne and become a respected businessman like a Michael Corleone.

*I'm just throwing ideas in there*

Last edited:
There’s so many directions you can take this trilogy. The second film most likely will focus on rebuilding Gotham though. Batman, of course, should have evolved gadgets, suit and Batmobile. He should have a stronger bond with Alfred. He should develop his Bruce persona more into the billionaire playboy. As for villains, I still say Two-Face has to be a major player. He is absolutely perfect for manipulating the balance of power. I’m still sticking with the idea of Two-Face releasing the Arkham inmates in the end of the second film. Now that Falcone is dead, you also need a mob boss that’s going to challenge Penguin for the throne. I’d love to see Black Mask. Though, there needs to be a major villain that Batman is after and that could be just about anyone to be honest. I love the idea of Scarecrow to continue with the horror element, because then you can play with some fantastical elements too. There’s just so many great villains, but no matter who is used, I just want them to fit the story being told and not just tossed in.

Andrea Beaumont / Phantasm would be cool to see, especially if Selina Kyle doesn’t return.

f6lPtxY.gif

P77z.gif

Treat her like Elektra from Netflix’s Daredevil—a woman from our hero’s past who tests his limits.

So Part II, by including Andrea Beamount and a freed Joker, will actually address more of Bruce’s origins as Batman too.

The Joker was the leader of the Red Hood Gang which targets ordinary citizens to join its ranks through blackmail. His true identity is unknown and he’s incarcerated as ‘John Doe.’

red-hood-gang1.jpg

Taking down the Red Hood Gang was Gordon and Batman’s first case. The gang targeted city philanthropist Carl Beaumont. And Andrea Beaumont was Bruce’s first love.

Ultimately, Andrea Beaumont wants to kill Joker but needs him out of Arkham which is why she waged war against Cobblepot as Phantasm—to push him to the point of desperation. Like her father was.

tumblr_mf3kgabsCN1rhnoyto1_500.gif

Last edited:
98e9d200-9b67-11ec-a5b5-492838f07158_1200_630.jpeg

The boy from The Batman is revealed to be Dick Grayson. He becomes the hero’s eyes on the ground. Since his parents’ murder, Grayson has been in and out of homes—forced to fend for himself. A chance encounter with Batman on Halloween night scared him straight and inspired him to do good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"