No Way Home Post-NWH: What Do You Want To See In The Next Trilogy?(Potential Spoilers Ahead)

My #1 choice for SM4's villain would obviously be Kraven, but since we don't know when or if an official MCU/Sonyverse crossover is happening, my #2 pick would be Kingpin. Vincent D'Onofrio has expressed interest in the past in appearing in a Spidey film, plus it would be an excuse to have Spidey and Daredevil actually team up.

If they do decide to do Gwen at some point, another actress I could see in the part is 25 year old Grace Van Dien.

She looks like she stepped right out of a John Romita panal from the 60s and 70s .

ab96a6c22d9431633df831db699502f7.jpg

Grace-Van-Dien.jpg

b44d0fbd1dec91d97d43e50959276aba.jpg
gwen-stacy-the-amazing-spider-man-comics-22.jpg

At least for the 4th movie no team ups.
I know DD is back but we got 6 Peter Parker Spidey appearances in about 6 years. 1- smaller role but Spidey and the Avengers, 2 - Spidey and Iron Man, 3-Spidey and Avengers, 4-smaller role but Spidey and Avengers 5-Spidey and Nick Fury/still dealing a bit with Iron Man fallout, 6-Spidey and Dr Strange and the other Spideys. Even in the cartoons, the last 2 Spider-Man cartoons have been pretty team up based/team centric
I'd rather see him be relatively on his own for1 movie at least.

I agree with a lot of the ideas in this thread. I do lean more into the get rid of Ned, Michelle, etc. camp. Not sure if they will do it, but I think from a story perspective that's best as it shows the consequences more. If at the end of NWH he gives them up, so it's kinda lame to get them back. Kinda a problem I have with the MCU and a lot of comics in general. I really like that idea that someone posted earlier of having like a cameo of Ned or Michelle on their summer job and Peter still interacting with them. That'd be a really good moment.

Wouldn't mind Gwen. Especially since I'm not the biggest fan of the TASM portrayal of Gwen. Hell maybe even set it up to bring SpiderGwen/Ghost Spider to the MCU

One thing I differ from a lot of people in this thread is Black Cat. She's an alright character but I don't see the need. And while she brought the whole "cat based, morally ambiguous, on-off romance thing with a hero" story first...I feel Catwoman does it better and especially with getting Catwoman in The Batman it'd feel repetitive

For the love of God, Kraven!

Scorpion, Silvermane, Chameleon, Hammerhead, The Prowler, Black Cat, the classic Gerry Conway clone saga could work with the Jackal, Kingpin, I'd love to see Jean de Wolff. I'd love to see a whodunnit with the Hobgoblin as just some deranged two bit hood who put on the Goblin costume who is still doing things for money, akin to the STAS character which is still the best version.

There is so much stuff you can do still. I'd just love to see a more basic, self contained Spider-Man story. Spider-Man has gone to space and saved the universe and interacted with the multiverse. It's time for the pendulum to swing back to something basic.

Just something really fresh with a better vision. Whether it's Holland or not, it should be a shot of adrenaline. The franchise needs a makeover. Edgar Wright would be a good director, if he co-writes it with Simon Pegg.

I was half thinking Black Cat seemed like the next logically, possible love interest/ or even just team up, supporting character...
after the way he left MJ(and Ned) behind, to protect them
I couldn't see him welling to risk putting any other girls(friends) in danger from being with him

where someone like Black Cat is already putting themselves in dangerous situations, so it wouldn't be him putting her in harms way (if anything he could help her out of that danger)... so, in a way he'd feel less guilty about being with her (that maybe came out wrong, but, you get where I'm going with it)

I was first in the mind set that Gwen...
especially after hearing from the other Peter of what happened to his Gwen
...wouldn't work

but, if were talking about a Spider-Gwen... she might be in that same category

if that makes since?

I was half thinking Black Cat seemed like the next logically, possible love interest/ or even just team up, supporting character...
after the way he left MJ(and Ned) behind, to protect them
I couldn't see him welling to risk putting any other girls(friends) in danger from being with him

where someone like Black Cat is already putting themselves in dangerous situations, so it wouldn't be him putting her in harms way (if anything he could help her out of that danger)... so, in a way he'd feel less guilty about being with her (that maybe came out wrong, but, you get where I'm going with it)

I was first in the mind set that Gwen...
especially after hearing from the other Peter of what happened to his Gwen
...wouldn't work

but, if were talking about a Spider-Gwen... she might be in that same category

if that makes since?

I got you.

Feige and Sony have already established with NWH that they don't have to follow the time line and events of the comics.
So there's nothing to say they couldn't introduce the MCU Gwen and have her become Spider Gwen.

She doesn't have to be destined to die for the sake of keeping with tradition.
They've already established they're playing by their own rules, so there's really nothing keeping them from introducing their own, different , version of Gwen who becomes a hero.

While it may not be likely, I think we have a better chance at seeing a MCU version of Gwen than an MCU version of Osborn, Ock, or the other villains who appeared in NWH.

That said, thematically, I think Black Cat makes much more sense as the next love interest.
I just think there's alot you could do with her character and how her character would impact this Peter's journey to adulthood.

I want scorpion to be the baddy for next movie Kingpin as a second baddie would be cool and throw in DD in there and introduce Felicia Hardy

1. I don't want a college trilogy. I want them to skip to a 23-year old Peter who is out of college and has a quippier personality. Tobey proved you can use an age gap to your advantage and have an actor give a quippier and more charismatic performance as Spider-Man. Now do it with Tom.

2. Introduce Miles Morales.

3. Recast Green Goblin and Doc Ock. Contrary to what Feige says, Dafoe and Molina are not the end-all-be-all of those characters. This Peter already has every reason to be wary of Norman and the MCU would be wise to exploit that.

4. Have Peter and MJ reunited and married.

5. Better Jameson. The current one is uncharismatic and stripped of all his nuance.

6. Namedrop Uncle Ben.

Sure we want Daredevil, Symbiote, Felicia Hardy in next movies.

As Norman Osborn said, Oscorp doesnt exist in MCU mainstream.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Hobgoblin show up in the next trilogy myself. An A-List Spidey villain that still hasn't been adapted and could make up for the fact that we most likely wont get a proper MCU Green Goblin. They can say he got the idea for the goblin motif from witnessing Norman during the events of NWH.

For MCU Spidey 4 give him Black Cat/Felicia Hardy as a new love interest. Then they can give her that spin-off with Silver Sable as a set up with a stinger.

But definitely have him tangle with Kingpin in the next movie. Wouldn’t be opposed to a Spider Slayer as a subplot either.

And give him this look:
View attachment 51564
BC/SS spin-off sounds awesome!

I'd like to see the next instalment focus on people we've never seen before. Mac Gargan was in the first Spider-Man, so Scorpion should show up. Focus some street level villains as well.

Spider-Man investigates Black Cat break ins while Kingpin plots his “No vigilante” scheme in the background, as mayor he can’t get his hands dirty so he bankrolls the Mac Gargan Scorpion procedure.

I’d love Daredevil but he’s getting 18 hours to shine and Peter should really get a movie completely on his own.

Hammerhead is also someone I really want to see.

Yep, feels way overdue after so many Spidey films.
Technically we did get Felicity Jones playing her in ASM2

upload_2023-4-11_14-34-39.jpeg

But I would be head over heels to get Kingpin hiring the Sinister Six (Kraven, Hobgoblin, Scorpion, Vulture, Shocker and Rhino) with the emphasis on Kraven to hunt down Spidey. Then Spider-Man has to team with DD to take them and Fisk down.

Technically we did get Felicity Jones playing her in ASM2

View attachment 64043

But I would be head over heels to get Kingpin hiring the Sinister Six (Kraven, Hobgoblin, Scorpion, Vulture, Shocker and Rhino) with the emphasis on Kraven to hunt down Spidey. Then Spider-Man has to team with DD to take them and Fisk down.
I totally missed that haha. I had a terrible experience with TASM2 in the cinema (not just the film) and came to the Hype and made 1 post and that was that for a long time. Still, need to see a full on interpretation of Black Cat on screen. What you mention is my ideal Spidey story. Get as many of his villains and allies in there as you can. :cwink:

I feel like I have seen enough of Kingpin from movies and shows (and that 2018 videogame), that him seeing as a villain in a Spider-Man film wouldn't be interesting.

The villains for 4, 5 and 6 definitely should be someone we haven't seen in any movies. So no Kraven, Morbius, Venom, Carnage, Shriek and Rhino for me. The only eXception are Black Cat and Scorpion since we haven't seen them in their supervillain form yet. And Spot too since we haven't seen him in live action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"