No Way Home Post-NWH: What Do You Want To See In The Next Trilogy?(Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Definitely agree on Black Cat and Scorpion! Especially since JJJ is in the MCU, who can provide the incentive for Scorpion. And Kingpin and Spencer/Alistair Smythe (to include the Spider-Slayers too).

If they can make Kraven and Chameleon work, I wouldn't mind them either.

And if the next movies continue the multi-verse theme at all and can bring back Garfield's Spider-Man again, then I also want to see Emma Stone as Spider-Gwen. Along with possibly Dunst's MJ. I saw Dunst was interviewed recently and said she'd be open to reprising her character!

Kraven The Hunter Reportedly Coming To The MCU (Agents of Fandom EXCLUSIVE) - FandomWire

Given that Fandomwire were among the first people to break Tobey and Andrew returning in Spiderman No Way Home, in addition to Doc Ock and Electro being involved, when alot of fans were skeptical, I'm not gonna discount the at all possibility.

Don't know if it's the same source as the Spidermen story ,or if it's a new source which is just as strong, but I certainly put much more stock in it given that Fandomwire were pretty much on the money with SMNWH months before alot of the stuff was confirmed.

It doesn't mean he'll be in Spiderman 4, but it's an interesting development if true.

spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-spider-man.gif
maxresdefault.jpg

The fact that Venom was tied into the MCU multiverse, pretty much as an aside, makes me think the current deal with Sony probably involves incorporating all of Sony's Spider-man related movies into the MCU multiverse. So they'll all be part of the MCU continuity, just not the main universe in the MCU continuity.

So yeah I think it's probably true that Kraven will probably pop into the MCU at some point to some extent.

I think she'd be perfect for the part , but I don't know if I buy the rumor .
I hope it's true.
Last Night In Soho shows me she could be sexy, vulnerable, ambiguous, captivating, and a force to be reckoned with.

I think she'd be perfect for the part , but I don't know if I buy the rumor .
I hope it's true.
Last Night In Soho shows me she could be sexy, vulnerable, ambiguous, captivating, and a force to be reckoned with.

Anya Taylor Joy is perfect for this role - Sony has been trying to get Black Cat into action forever, and she’s just the one to finally make it happen. I swear, she was made in a laboratory, lol.

I don't know... She's great, and I'm sure has the range to adapt to Felecia, but I can't help but imagine that her take on Black Cat would be even more of a straight-up Catwoman knockoff. I don't know how to put it into words, but there's just *something* - some level of snarky, thrill-chasing party-girl attitude that reads differently from Felicia than Selina.

202d4bc747cf376e8f25decac95f9241f6d3871b.gif

I'd sooner see Sydney Sweeney in the part.

Where do all these random rumors come from? Never heard of any of these people. It just feels like people are trying to get fancasting going to me.

Where do all these random rumors come from? Never heard of any of these people. It just feels like people are trying to get fancasting going to me.

MTTS has been one of the big leakers for NWH since the summer. A lot of her leaks ended up becoming true.

I don't know... She's great, and I'm sure has the range to adapt to Felecia, but I can't help but imagine that her take on Black Cat would be even more of a straight-up Catwoman knockoff. I don't know how to put it into words, but there's just *something* - some level of snarky, thrill-chasing party-girl attitude that reads differently from Felicia than Selina.

202d4bc747cf376e8f25decac95f9241f6d3871b.gif

I'd sooner see Sydney Sweeney in the part.

I'd say watch Last Night In Soho.
She could pull off the Black Cat you're describing in her sleep.
The question would be whether or not the character is written as a Catwoman rip off.
If that's the case, then any actress who takes that part would be directed to be like Catwoman.

It does sound it could be fans casting, but then again, people were saying the same thing about the Tobey , Andrew, GG, Sandman, Lizard etc rumors earlier this year as well , so , time will tell.

She is a high profile , young thesp who's gotten alot of critical acclaim , so she fits right into what Sony would want as a lead in a franchise anyway.
At the same time, she isn't the first choice alot of fanboys would go for .

So to me, the rumor isn't so outrageous it sounds made up.
It sounds plausible.
And to be fair, the rumor is Sony wants Joy in the role, not that she's agreed to being in the role, or that she's been cast.
Wanting someone for a role ,and getting someone, for a role are two different things.

Last edited:
MTTS has been one of the big leakers for NWH since the summer. A lot of her leaks ended up becoming true.

True.

Given that alot of what fans called BS about NWH turned out to be true, I'm not gonna be so quick to dismiss what some of the more reliable scoopers like MTTS are hearing.

I'd say watch Last Night In Soho.
She could pull off the Black Cat you're describing in her sleep.
The question would be whether or not the character is written as a Catwoman rip off.
If that's the case, then any actress who takes that part would be directed to be like Catwoman.

It does sound it could be fans casting, but then again, people were saying the same thing about the Tobey , Andrew, GG, Sandman, Lizard etc rumors earlier this year as well , so , time will tell.

She is a high profile , young thesp who's gotten alot of critical acclaim , so she fits right into what Sony would want as a lead in a franchise anyway.
At the same time, she isn't the first choice alot of fanboys would go for .

So to me, the rumor isn't so outrageous it sounds made up.
It sounds plausible.
And to be fair, the rumor is Sony wants Joy in the role, not that she's agreed to being in the role, or that she's been cast.
Wanting someone for a role ,and getting someone, for a role are two different things.

I mean we heard so many rumors about who Sony wanted for Spider-Man before it went to Tom Holland.

I mean we heard so many rumors about who Sony wanted for Spider-Man before it went to Tom Holland.

Well, that's the thing about rumors.
Some rumors are true, and some aren't.

Sometimes what sounds too good to be true is , and sometimes what sounds to good to be true is the truth, ala Tobey and Andrew and the returning villains

In Holland's case, there were several actors considered for the role before he was chosen , alot of which were rumored such as Asa Butterfield and Nat Wolff , but at the end of the day, it came down between Holland and Charlie Rowe ,and Holland got it.

So , I understand the skepticism, but at the same time, in this case, the rumor doesn't sound off the wall to me .

Joy sounds like the type of actress Sony would want, though , they're probably considering other actresses as well .

Well, that's the thing about rumors.
Some rumors are true, and some aren't.

Sometimes what sounds too good to be true is , and sometimes what sounds to good to be true is the truth, ala Tobey and Andrew and the returning villains

In Holland's case, there were several actors considered for the role before he was chosen , alot of which were rumored such as Asa Butterfield and Nat Wolff , but at the end of the day, it came down between Holland and Charlie Rowe ,and Holland got it.

So , I understand the skepticism, but at the same time, in this case, the rumor doesn't sound off the wall to me .

Joy sounds like the type of actress Sony would want, though , they're probably considering other actresses as well .

My problem is I saw I think multiple reports that were POSITIVE and were vouching it was going to be Asa Butterfield.

My problem is I saw I think multiple reports that were POSITIVE and were vouching it was going to be Asa Butterfield.

I think there's a difference between speculating someone has a role in the bag and actually confirming they have the role.

From what I remember, it was never certain Asa had the role . Alot of people assumed he had it , but I didn't think it was a forgone conclusion .

As it turned out, that assumption was incorrect, and Feige and Sony passed on him .

The thing with casting is that , things can change, and at one point, Asa Butterfield did look like he had a strong shot at it , but ultimately, it didn't go to him.

But regardless, it's always wise to remain skeptical since it's not from Sony .
But, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony does want Anya Taylor Joy.
Again wanting an actress for a role and actually being able to get her are two different things.
The report only says they want her. It didn't say she was cast.

I think there's a difference between speculating someone has a role in the bag and actually confirming they have the role.

From what I remember, it was never certain Asa had the role . Alot of people assumed he had it , but I didn't think it was a forgone conclusion .

As it turned out, that assumption was incorrect, and Feige and Sony passed on him .

The thing with casting is that , things can change, and at one point, Asa Butterfield did look like he had a strong shot at it , but ultimately, it didn't go to him.

But regardless, it's always wise to remain skeptical since it's not from Sony .
But, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony does want Anya Taylor Joy.
Again wanting an actress for a role and actually being able to get her are two different things.
The report only says they want her. It didn't say she was cast.

I'm always skeptical until there's announcement. And even then I'm still skeptical.

I take each rumor and scoop as they come based on the record of the source.

If they have a record of BS'ing or it sounds like a fanboys dream , I tend not to buy it.
If the source has a good track record, and has done well in the past, I'll give it more credence, though I don't take it as confirmed info.

-Black suit
-Scorpion
-Venom
-Hobgoblin

Seeing that some of NWH dealt with Peter making the choice not to include people in his life due to the danger it poses, Black Cat is the perfect next love interest. Peter can think it can work due to her being able to take care of herself and she can be further catalyst for him burying himself into his Spider-Man persona. Her ripping off Kingpin can be the way the plot gets started. I'd want a few things.

-Kingpin as the main villain
-Pay off Scorpion tease. Have Wilson Fisk fund it and JJJ praise it. Spider-Man's name is still being run through the mud here.
-Black Cat as mentioned above
-Daredevil team Up. Have Matt be the one that show Peter that it's ok to have friends. Bring in Karen and Foggy.

I think if this fourth one is still in the MCU, then this is the way to go. Still connected, but not immersed in it.

Seeing that some of NWH dealt with Peter making the choice not to include people in his life due to the danger it poses, Black Cat is the perfect next love interest. Peter can think it can work due to her being able to take care of herself and she can be further catalyst for him burying himself into his Spider-Man persona. Her ripping off Kingpin can be the way the plot gets started. I'd want a few things.

-Kingpin as the main villain
-Pay off Scorpion tease. Have Wilson Fisk fund it and JJJ praise it. Spider-Man's name is still being run through the mud here.
-Black Cat as mentioned above
-Daredevil team Up. Have Matt be the one that show Peter that it's ok to have friends. Bring in Karen and Foggy.

I think if this fourth one is still in the MCU, then this is the way to go. Still connected, but not immersed in it.

I definitely wouldn't mind a Daredevil appearance. But after what's happened to Peter I would definitely like him to get things that can help him rebuild his life and help him emotionally again, whether that's work friends or what have you. Also having Kingpin bankrolling villains to make it a backdoor pilot for Daredevil show or movie.

Black Cat is also interesting since she didn't really love Peter for who he is and wanted "Spider-Man." That could cause an interesting conflict for Peter. How does he stay Peter Parker when he's lost so much of what grounded him as Peter?

Finally got to watch the movie, had a great time. My girlfriend and I had a guess as to where the next films could go.
*MJ and Ned are semi out of the picture as Peter wants to keep them safe but he still wants to get her back.
*Ned develops feelings for MJ but MJ starts dating some other dude and Ned gets miserable but remembers he has magic powers in his cells..so he becomes The InCell (joking..just stupid idea my gf and I made up messing around)

Anyway

*Peter is too busy being Spider-Man to try get back MJ and study/work and he eventually gets a tutor...Gwen Stacy. Peter can't help it and develops feelings for her. This is kinda messing up Peter and what he wants but he ain't a kid now and has to make grown up choices.

*Ned becomes Hobgoblin as he plays with the idea of him having powers and does research on him self (I'm sure this idea has been said to death, sorry)

That's all I can recall for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"