• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Way Home Post-NWH: What Do You Want To See In The Next Trilogy?(Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Basically NWH essentially rebooted the Spider-Man character within the MCU, which I'm totally fine with because the character was too Iron Man centric & was starting to get too involved with Avengers related material.

I'm was fine with it to an extent, but I want to see more of the flavour from Tobey/Andrew's Spider-Men series of films in that the character is very much independent & relies on himself. For me that's how the character should have been introduced into the MCU as opposed to the way he was, which felt rushed & poorly thought out considering the character is the most popular Marvel property.

Just keep him on his own, in his own world, located within the MCU obviously, with his own characters, solving his own problems at least for the next film being far more protective of his identity this time around. So much so I'd like them to put a complete end to this infatuation the MCU has with having him maskless, but in the suit at every damn opportunity.

What about Drew Goddard directing the next trilogy of films? Nothing against Watts, he just may have his hands full with Fantastic Four movies.

Goddard has a relationship with Sony, as he was slated to develop Sinister Six once upon a time. And of course Netflix’s Daredevil series creator and writer.

What about Drew Goddard directing the next trilogy of films? Nothing against Watts, he just may have his hands full with Fantastic Four movies.

Goddard has a relationship with Sony, as he was slated to develop Sinister Six once upon a time. And of course Netflix’s Daredevil series creator and writer.

I like Drew Goddard but I read his Sinister Six pitch email to Sony and...I wasn't really a fan of it.

I'm guessing some villains would could see in the next trilogy include HobGoblin, Chameleon Scorpion and Agent Venom.

Also, with the ending of Hawkeye episode 5, Kingpin should definitely be a villain going forward. Could easily introduce some lower street villains like Silvermane, Hammerhead and Tombstone.

I like Drew Goddard but I read his Sinister Six pitch email to Sony and...I wasn't really a fan of it.
I actually think a Dirty Dozen style Sinister Six film set in the savage land sounds interesting.

With the villains in NWH being reformed, if they made an S6 film with Dafoe, Molina, Foxx etc I think that'd be interesting.

It’d be cool to see the symbiote jump across multiple hosts in one movie like Mac Gargan, Agent Venom (probably not Flash), and even Wolverine if he’s been introduced in the MCU by that point. There was a great video game on PS2 that had the whole city invaded by symbiote.

Maybe that’s the finale of the next trilogy, with a combination of Spider-Island where everyone gets spider powers to combat the symbiote menace. Miles and Gwen manage to keep there’s and become costumes heroes going forward.

I think he was working within constraints mandated to him. Introducing all this villains at once, a S6 movie without Spider-Man, etc.

I think with the groundwork laid as-is for Tom Holland’s Spider-Man moving forward, Drew Goddard could deliver a strong story for the down-on-his-luck hero. Especially with a Daredevil appearance.

They can do that, absolutely, but creatively that’s just not the direction I ever see them going in. Give the Oscorp stuff a break. There’s plenty of evil science corporations in the Marvel comics to fill that void. I really don’t think anything Oscorp related will ever be explored in the MCU as I think they would want avoid redundancy after the GOAT Dafoe crushed it again. They need to go with something fresh, imo. I really don’t we will ever see any actual MCU versions of any of the villains in this film out of fear of redundancy.

Totally.
Dafoe totally put his stamp on the live action Norman Osborn again in two universes.
Ditto with Molina as Ock .

Trying to do MCU versions of them after they pretty much knocked it out of the park again , 20 years later ,would be awkward and underwhelming.

Basically, fair or not, if fans want to see a new version of those characters, I think they'll have to wait for Sony to bring new versions in one of their spin off films which take place in another universe from the MCU and the Raimi and the Webbverses ,i.e. into the Spiderverse.

Even that option seems unlikely at this point.

Other than that, they'll have to wait for a full on reboot , i.e. new Peter Parker in a new continuity, and that ain't gonna happen for a long time.

I know there are fans who really want MCU versions of those characters, but I don't see it happening.

I think he was working within constraints mandated to him. Introducing all this villains at once, a S6 movie without Spider-Man, etc.

I think with the groundwork laid as-is for Tom Holland’s Spider-Man moving forward, Drew Goddard could deliver a strong story for the down-on-his-luck hero. Especially with a Daredevil appearance.

That's true. And it was 7-8 years ago, so he may have different ideas than he did back then.

I think SM4 is the perfect opportunity the bring Vulture back, but I wonder in what capacity. Any ideas, guys?

I don't think they would do a SM4 with Vulture. We already had a film with Vulture as the main villain. Aka Homecoming. They probably wouldn't make exceptions for SM4.

Last edited:
I don't think they would do a SM4 with Vulture. We already had a film with Vulture as the main villain. Aka Homecoming. They probably wouldn't make exceptions for SM4.

Thats the thing. SM4 or TASM3 would be totally different beasts at this point. Too much time has passed.

He wouldn't necessarily need to be the main villain or even a villain at all. I honestly just wanna see more of him, he's so good.

Sony needs something to explain multiverse travel. It's time to unleash Madame Web. She can be their one stop shop to explain all multiverse travel on the Sony side of things.

Need Andrewman in the Venom verse? Madame Web got that covered. Need Venom back in the MCU? Madame Web will do that too, maybe.

Maybe by the end of the next trilogy they could do a live action Spider Wars which was basically like the original Spiderverse from the 90's animated series.

Things I almost definitely want? Specifically in the next one.
  • Lonely Peter, reluctant to get too close to anybody for the time being
  • Investigating Tombstone/ Hammerhead/ Kingpin level crime
  • Meeting and interacting with Black Cat, who would tie into both

Things I almost definitely want? Specifically in the next one.
  • Lonely Peter, reluctant to get too close to anybody for the time being
  • Investigating Tombstone/ Hammerhead/ Kingpin level crime
  • Meeting and interacting with Black Cat, who would tie into both
Wait, I remembered more haha. Not necessarily all one movie now.
  • Peter talking to himself more
  • Give him the symbiote, I guess. Maybe go the SSM route of it slowly changing his costume as he falls further into it
  • Symbiote gives him a potentially scary boost against, say, Kingpin
  • Black Cat says he's copying her look
  • JJJ Scorpions up Gargan somehow
  • Maybe Gargan Venom, sure why not
  • And I still want Mary Jane Watson as a stage name for MJ somehow. Maybe she gets some kind of famous and Peter feels like he was right and she's thriving without him, but now he's seeing her everywhere he goes
  • Spidey forms new and resets old alliances, with a lot more distance now with his identity

Villain wise, I'm thinking the Smythes and Spider-Slayers could be interesting. Maybe take a cue from the 90's cartoon and have them working for Kingpin. I also wouldn't mind seeing some payoff with the Scorpion foreshadowing from Homecoming.

I'd wait a movie or two before bringing back MJ and Ned. An MCU version of Harry Osborn or Randy Robertson would be my choices to fill the best friend role. I wouldn't be opposed to an MCU version of Gwen Stacey but I like the idea of Black Cat being the new love interest.

I also would want to find a way to have Peter working for Jameson in this universe. Maybe the web designer idea like the early Ultimate comics?

He wouldn't necessarily need to be the main villain or even a villain at all. I honestly just wanna see more of him, he's so good.

I could see a story where Peter needs to turn to Toomes for help for whatever reason. And if Toomes' daughter is in danger or something, I'm sure he'd help.

Villain wise, I'm thinking the Smythes and Spider-Slayers could be interesting. Maybe take a cue from the 90's cartoon and have them working for Kingpin. I also wouldn't mind seeing some payoff with the Scorpion foreshadowing from Homecoming.

I'd wait a movie or two before bringing back MJ and Ned. An MCU version of Harry Osborn or Randy Robertson would be my choices to fill the best friend role. I wouldn't be opposed to an MCU version of Gwen Stacey but I like the idea of Black Cat being the new love interest.

I also would want to find a way to have Peter working for Jameson in this universe. Maybe the web designer idea like the early Ultimate comics?

Love your villain choices. It’d be great to finally see Scorpion, and he could easily be a goon for Kingpin—either as an Enforcer or as part of the Spider Slayers.

And definitely to introducing Felicia Hardy/ Black Cat in the next movie. Like Scorpion, it’s way over due after 20 years of Spidey films.

As much as I like classic “Peter works at Daily Bugle,” I think in this universe that Peter may hold a lot of animosity towards JJJ because his outing of his secret identity is now directly tied to very traumatic events for Peter. Idk if he could feasibly take pictures for that man.

So maybe move away from photography and move Peter instead towards the teacher route like JMS’ run in the 2000s? He’s too young now, but maybe lay the groundwork. Like he still works at FEAST, etc.

I could see a story where Peter needs to turn to Toomes for help for whatever reason. And if Toomes' daughter is in danger or something, I'm sure he'd help.

I'd love to see Spidey and Vulture team up to fight the bad guy.

Love your villain choices. It’d be great to finally see Scorpion, and he could easily be a goon for Kingpin—either as an Enforcer or as part of the Spider Slayers.

And definitely to introducing Felicia Hardy/ Black Cat in the next movie. Like Scorpion, it’s way over due after 20 years of Spidey films.

As much as I like classic “Peter works at Daily Bugle,” I think in this universe that Peter may hold a lot of animosity towards JJJ because his outing of his secret identity is now directly tied to very traumatic events for Peter. Idk if he could feasibly take pictures for that man.

So maybe move away from photography and move Peter instead towards the teacher route like JMS’ run in the 2000s? He’s too young now, but maybe lay the groundwork. Like he still works at FEAST, etc.

Yeah.
I don't think he needs to work for the Bugle either.
Part of his struggle in the next one could be to be juggling multiple jobs just to pay rent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"