Fox Takes J.J. Abrams' Fringe

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a decent episode, I think Anna Torv has been excellent in the dual roles.

It was a decent episode, I think Anna Torv has been excellent in the dual roles.

Totally agree w/ you on this one. I think the entire cast as a whole has done a spectacular job with the dual roles. I've really enjoyed the hell out of alt broyles, olive, and walternate.

she played alt-olivia(bolivia) so well that i liked THAT olivia 10x better than regular olivia. and she was kinda hotter too.

she played alt-olivia(bolivia) so well that i liked THAT olivia 10x better than regular olivia. and she was kinda hotter too.

The opposite for me. she played alt-livia so well that i hated her so much, and wished real olivia would be saved.

Why couldn't alt-livia die instead of alt-broyles :( I loved alt-broyles. he was a stand up guy.

I didn't understand how alt-Broyles died from the transport since both Olivias had equal mass for the exchange, as they said earlier in the episode.

I didn't understand how alt-Broyles died from the transport since both Olivias had equal mass for the exchange, as they said earlier in the episode.

he didn't they killed him and then sawed off some body parts so he'd be equal weight as alt-livia.

or possibly sawed off body parts while he was alive :S

Man, either of those options is horrible given what a nice guy he was.

DAMN...
Alt-Broyles....
You saw that coming but still...DAMNNNNN

"Vagenda" is my new favorite word. Thanks, Walter! :woot:

"Vagenda" is my new favorite word. Thanks, Walter! :woot:

OMG, I can't believe I forgot that. It is also my new favorite word. I replayed that scene several times and Astrid's reaction to it makes me crack up.

After the end of last night, I'm predicting Olivia kills Bolivia by seasons end.

After she makes out with her for about an hour and then another half an hour after.

i can definitely see why olivia is so pissed. earth-2 olivia was better at being olivia, and a human being, than earth-1 olivia could ever be. peter noticed all those changes in her and liked her more b/c it made her more likable. can you really blame him for loving a woman who was capable of loving back instead of being a complete robot all the time?

i liked earth-2 olivia way better than earth-1 olivia. 2 was more of a person rather than a robot.

Eh, I wonder what kind of after sex conversations Peter and Olivia-Prime(lol) will have once they figure things out between them...

if they want the show to run for a while, they won't get them together any time soon.
it's simple tv show logic: you have two characters of the opposite sexes, they work closely together, and appear to have good chemistry together. the more "will they, won't they" there is, the more people are watching, but the second you get them together it's the end of viewership, and end of the show.

I thought Olivia was a little harsh on Peter, I mean her and Altlivia are identical and she was putting out! :oldrazz:

Not a huge fan of this weeks story but Walter as always amused me.

oh yeah. she definitely overreacted. if anyone is to blame it's the marionette guy. if he didn't say anything about the girl not being the girl b/c he couldn't see it in her eyes, olivia and peter would be awkwardly ok.

plus you gotta give earth-2 olivia some credit. she fooled everyone, then again, people in earth-2 noticed olivia prime's differences. no one really noticed olivia2's on earth prime. could that mean earth prime people are just dumber, but we cured bird flu, they couldn't. my brain is about to explode.

This episode was great but man the stuff with Olivia was irritating. Olivia's, "you should have known it was me" speech was just absurd. Alt-Olivia is as much Olivia as Olivia Prime thinks of herself. It's not like she is clone. There was no way for Peter to know and even if he did does it really matter? It's still the same exact person, biologically, and only different in experiences.

I like the alternate universe so much better than ours. Walter was awesome as usual, as was Astrid.

Did our Broyles always introduce himself as Colonel Broyles? I thought only alt-Broyles did that.

Olivia is being a bit hypocritical. Does she not remember being fooled by the Charlie shapeshifter? They were friends for a very long time before the show started, but she was easily fooled for about 4 episodes their time.

I still liked the episode. This season has been very good overall.

Last edited:
She probably is not really thinking with her brain. It is probably a case of her heart being broken because the guy she loves slept with someone else. So she is not being very rational.

Did our Broyles always introduce himself as Colonel Broyles? I thought only alt-Broyles did that.

I don't know. And I hope we're not meant to entertain the idea that this isn't our Broyles. One, it would just be stupid and redundant beyond comprehension, and two, I can't think of any time when they could have swapped.

-Broyles could be a shapeshifter

-Alt Broyles was able to switch places. The face didn't look damaged

fringe308entrada802.jpg

Transcript of when Broyles was arguing in the senate for funding for the Fringe Division:

SENATOR: Unsubstantited claims of invasion. Reports of technology run amok. The old "X" designation and your fringe investigations have been indulgences in the federal budget for over half a century. Well, the salad days are over, Mister Broyles.

BROYLES: Colonel.

SENATOR: Excuse me?

BROYLES: ...or Special Agent, as you'd prefer, Senator.

NEIL SCHELL: Colonel Broyles. Now look, listen, we all have a job here, and we--

BROYLES: Yes, Senator, I have a job. The same job I have had in three administrations and six wars. To defend our national security. And I assure you we are not secure. Yes, sometimes a threat is familiar. But I have come to learn that sometimes it is far worse -- and when it is worse, when the threat is unimaginable, that is when we are at the door. And you should thank God for that.

NEIL SCHELL: (calmly) Phillip, without something usable, something to support the human and fiscal cost... I - I'm sorry.

Oh, and the agent that drops off the records that Olivia and Peter sift through mentioned that the documents were ordered by "Colonel Broyles."

Last edited:
This episode was all kinds of great! Olivia said it best. Y'know when you come back from vacation and the old stuff seems fresh & new & kinda different? well that's how I felt with this one. Seeing the old team is back at full strength doing the same old gig gave me that warm fuzzy feeling, even the same stoic Olivia. The marionette was the creepiest, most disturbing thing I've seen anywhere this season or the last few. 10 points!

This was a 9/10 just because compared to Entrada everything else is short. Well, that and the team was frustratingly slow on the uptake; as soon as They said scar tissue in the chest cavity, and the kinds of drugs he was taking, I understood the what was going on with the heart (though I was thinking for different reasons. I was thinking it was something like how the other side revived Newton after his head was missing for some time, maybe it it was another agent). If it took me a moment to get it why did it take a team full of smart people half the ep to realize it?

Who were the Observers referring to at the end? I'm going to say Walter. Peter's death might effectively mean the end of a universe, and I feel like that's way too obvious to foreshadow his life in jeopardy like that.

i can definitely see why olivia is so pissed. earth-2 olivia was better at being olivia, and a human being, than earth-1 olivia could ever be. peter noticed all those changes in her and liked her more b/c it made her more likable. can you really blame him for loving a woman who was capable of loving back instead of being a complete robot all the time?

i liked earth-2 olivia way better than earth-1 olivia. 2 was more of a person rather than a robot.

I don't know how you can possibly say that. Bolivia is great at being Bolivia (as evidenced by her embarassingly transparent attempts at "maintaining" her cover), but that doesn't in any way make her our Olivia. If you don’t like those types of stoic women characters that’s fine for you, but I can very much empathize with Olivia and how she handles her interpersonal relationships. Bolivia didn’t have the same kinds of traumas growing up; in many ways Olivia is damaged goods compared to her counterpart.

I don’t think it’s as easy in this situation to just say Peter fell under her spell easier because she was more likeable. The two of them were originally from the same universe, and in Fringe mythology I’d bet anything there’s a molecular aspect to that attraction. It wasn’t like the other team members showed any different liking to her than normal.
After the end of last night, I'm predicting Olivia kills Bolivia by seasons end.

There’s definitely a bullet in this universe with her name on it, that’s for sure:awesome:
Olivia is being a bit hypocritical. Does she not remember being fooled by the Charlie shapeshifter? They were friends for a very long time before the show started, but she was easily fooled for about 4 episodes their time.
Very good point. Olivia even admitted that she might’ve been asking too much of Peter, but her heart was broken at the worst possible time. Cut her some slack guys, for real! People accuse her of being a robot, yet the one time she stops being “robotic” and is honest about her feelings she’s overreacting? I don’t see it that way at all.
This episode was great but man the stuff with Olivia was irritating. Olivia's, "you should have known it was me" speech was just absurd. Alt-Olivia is as much Olivia as Olivia Prime thinks of herself. It's not like she is a clone. There was no way for Peter to know and even if he did does it really matter? It's still the same exact person, biologically, and only different in experiences.
Would it have made any difference if it had been a clone? By your standards, no it shouldn't have, but people would still be up in arms if it had been a straight clone of her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back