Francis Ford Coppola's MEGALOPOLIS

I'm extremely cautious over this project due to what we've heard and Coppola's history in the last 2-3 decades, but I have to admit I liked the teaser and I'm very curious about the project.

Last edited:
I'm extremely cautious over this project due to what we've heard and Coppola's history in the last 2-3 decades, but I have to admit I liked the teaser and I'm very curious of the project.
Yeah, FFC has been outed with being involved in some outright shady and even scummy stuff. Have we all forgotten he went to bat for Victor Salva and harassed the family of his victim?

The teaser got me seated. 🤷‍♂️

That felt like an old-school teaser trailer, the kind that you rarely, if ever, see anymore.

For that reason alone, this movie has my intrigue.

That felt like an old-school teaser trailer, the kind that you rarely, if ever, see anymore.

For that reason alone, this movie has my intrigue.
It really didn't. Felt more like a random clip taken out of context and getting a logo animation slapped onto it at the end.

That's what it felt like to me. Sorry if you disagree. 🤷‍♂️

The teaser didn't do much for me honestly. It looked very green screeny to me and is more or less just an out of context clip. Just seeing a dude high up on a fake looking back drop doesn't instantly instill dread in me. So I gotta say....meh

I didn't expect The Matrix 5 to look so good. It's like Neo being asked to jump all over again!

But really, I dug the teaser. Interested in a full trailer.

Setting my reservations over Coppola's filmography of the past couple of decades aside, it surely looks interesting from this teaser. It's better than I expected and I'm definitely sold.

I am curious, obviously. But the trailers haven't been spectacular or anything special.

Looks like a high class Neil Breen movie.
tumblr_nz2hh6y8FY1s3mlhro1_640.gif

Is it wrong for me to be skeptical about this movie being any good? Not only do the visuals remind me of Zack Snyder (maybe it's the use of greenscreen), but casing Shia LaBeouf and John Voight to co-star in this when most of Hollywood hates their guys really just seems head-tilting.

And again, Coppola defending a convicted pedo.

Is it wrong for me to be skeptical about this movie being any good? Not only do the visuals remind me of Zack Snyder (maybe it's the use of greenscreen), but casing Shia LaBeouf and John Voight to co-star in this when most of Hollywood hates their guys really just seems head-tilting.

I feel that you've merged two different things in one. Yes, it's ok to be skeptical over the quality of the film if you don't care for what you see, and yes, it's more than ok to be critical for Coppola's decision to work with controversial people, but the latter has nothing to do with how good the film may or may not turn out to be.

I feel that you've merged two different things in one. Yes, it's ok to be skeptical over the quality of the film if you don't care for what you see, and yes, it's more than ok to be critical for Coppola's decision to work with controversial people, but the latter has nothing to do with how good the film may or may not turn out to be.
Except Coppola hasn't had a remotely good movie since Dracula, and his actions between then and now do not help. Hence my "merging".

Ok, I'm fully on board with this.
Love the vibe, it sure does give a "fable" feel, with some allegorical figures/creatures and other metaphorical apparitions.
Somehow, the heavy CGI doesn't really bother me here, I "buy" the stylization. Kind of remind me of Amazon Prime's American Gods visually...

And Aubrey Plaza is there? To apparently play a femme fatale type of character? Facing Adam Driver? Yeah, sign me up!

Except Coppola hasn't had a remotely good movie since Dracula, and his actions between then and now do not help. Hence my "merging".
Yes and I too have pretty much said so in half my posts concerning this film. So I'm not defending him, it's the phrasing and reasoning you used in that particular post that didn't make much sense to me before you expand further on your thoughts.

Nah, it's not wrong. This looks and sounds like an elderly narcissist's vanity project that people are pretending looks amazing even though it has all the aesthetic appeal of a Neon tinted Netflix sci-fi show simply because it has a respectable name slapped on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"