Fred Claus

Tempest19

Superhero
Reaction score
Just came back from seeing Fred Claus. I thought it was a great family christmas film and would easily rank this in my top four christmas films of recent history: Santa Claus, Elf, The Grinch & now Fred Claus.

One thing that I liked about it was the absurdity of it. It played it on a real level, treating the "my brother is Santa Claus" similarly to how American Werewolf in London played up "I'm a werewolf." It never takes it self too seriously, but it takes itself seriously enough for great conflict and drama. I think adults may even like this film more than kids and there are some surprisingly risque jokes such as Santa not being able to get it off the ground with Mrs. Claus. LMAOL.

The comedy works, Spacey is super villainous as always, and the drama was great as well.

So for anyone who has been looking for the next great christmas movie- in my opinion- THIS is DEFINITELY it!

Plus, there is a really great in-joke with Spacey and a certain villainous role...

Spacey's character always wanted a Superman cape when he was growing up so that he could pretend he was Superman. Santa gives him Superman's cape!!! Santa gives Lex Luthor Superman's cape!!! Really wonder if this might comically be put into some fan trailer for a future Superman film...

lol. Yeah, and the Siblings Anonymous scene was pretty funny too..

Yeah, I thought it was very solid. It might be too talky-talky for the younger audience though,...and a very interesting twist on the Kevin Spacey character. Perhaps it was written in before he was cast.

-TNC

Who didn't think this was good? Spacey, Vaughn, & Giamatti. Can't go wrong...not wrong at all.

i think it was released early because the studio thought it would be a critical bomb.

I'm seeing this film tomorrow afternoon. Looks like fun, but I've read some things about it..that aren't good.

Who didn't think this was good? Spacey, Vaughn, & Giamatti. Can't go wrong...not wrong at all.

I saw the trailer and it did not impress me as a movie I had to go see. I have a low tolerance for stupidity. I'll wait until The Dark Knight to make the trek to my local theater.

vaughn is always funny i couldnt see this going wrong.

I saw the trailer and it did not impress me as a movie I had to go see. I have a low tolerance for stupidity. I'll wait until The Dark Knight to make the trek to my local theater.

You're gonna have a long ass wait, babe.

I did not know Spacey was in this. That alone makes me want to see it and the fact that I freakin love Vaughn.

Spacey was their dad, and Kathy Bates was their mom, I think.

I would have zero desire to see this movie even if it didn't remind me of the insufferable Santa Clause franchise. :down

Spacey was their dad, and Kathy Bates was their mom, I think.

Nope. Don't know who plays the father. But. Spacey plays the villainous business man looking to shut down christmas forever as well as ruin some other 'holidays' and 'special events' as well.

me.
i ****ing hate vaughn.
**** this goddamn movie

I don't hate him, but I understand why a lot of people do. All his characters are pretty much exactly the same. Like Chris Farley, Adam Sandler before he started doing 'serious' roles, and Will Ferral. They all play the exact same character, just a different name.

Ok, did anyone else actually watch the movie or will we be seeing more Vince
Vaughn hating this afternoon?

-TNC

This movie seems like a rip off of Santa Clause.I love and respect Paul Giamatti and I guess he deserves one blockbuster movie that will make him big$$, but I hope it doesnt turn into a franchise thing like Santa Clause and make me not be able to watch him anymore like Tim Allen

(oh my god)

Watch.The.Movie.

The movie is no more like The Santa Clause than any other Santa Claus movie that's ever been made. There's nothing like that here.

-TNC

(oh my god)

Watch.The.Movie.

The movie is no more like The Santa Clause than any other Santa Claus movie that's ever been made. There's nothing like that here.

-TNC

I havent seen the movie yet but let me know if any of these things occur.Santa gets sick or something and cant fulfill his Christmas duties so some character has to fulfill them for him. We also see elves being "naughty" when Santa isnt watching.Well see sexual innuendo about Santa and Mrs Clause just to let kids know that even Santa has sex.We dont hear one mention of Jesus Christ even though it claims to be a movie about Christmas,but thats true of every other hollywood christmas movie anyway.Just once I'd like to see one of these movies actually dare to mention Jesus' birth as being the reason we celebrate Christmas.Well thats all the preaching for one day-God Bless You All

U want Jesus??? Get The Nativity Story.

(Yep, that line was based off of- "You want forgiveness??? Get religion.")

When I saw the trailer the first thing I thought was "who kidnapped Vince Vaughn and Paul Giamatti's families to force them to act in this?"

Negative reviews will keep that idea going. Looks terrible.

Ok, did anyone else actually watch the movie or will we be seeing more Vince
Vaughn hating this afternoon?

-TNC

if i thought it would not be a total waste of my money I would give it a try.
but being the type of movie that it is, I can guess correctly how it will go, and how much i won't like it.

I did see it earlier. It was decent. Siblings Anonymous was probably the highlight.

"That's not Alec!" Stephen Baldwin is way too good a sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"