Free Comics Contest

Elijya said:
if anyone's up for it, I could use a wriet up for Kurt Busiek's Conan, Marvels, and the Infinity Gauntlet

Ill do Marvels, and ill assme The Walking Dead is done already?

what about Morrison's New X-Men

and geez, somebody should do Miller's DD...maybe I will just go ahead and do all the DD stuff. Miller's original, Born Again, vol 2 Smith & Bendis...

no one's done any DD, or any Punisher, or any spider-man (except for the Spider-Man/Human Torch mini)

Anubis did Spider-Man: Blue I think. And if I had my Punisher MK run near by I would do it.

Yeah, my friend has had my copy of DD Visionaries vol 2 for months:mad:

But at this point I can go without it I think. I wanted to have it near but whatever.

Not Jake said:
and geez, somebody should do Miller's DD...maybe I will just go ahead and do all the DD stuff. Miller's original, Born Again, vol 2 Smith & Bendis...
You can do the series,but if you do Man Without Fear Before me,you're going to wake up tomorrow in a New Jersey landfill,being made hard,passionate love to by a giant panda bear named Ki-Ko.

I can make that happen.I have connections.

0785100466.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056487268_.jpg

Title: Daredevil: The Man Without Fear
Writer/Artist: Frank Miller & John Romita,Jr.
Publisher: Marvel

Summary:
Every comic fan knows the story.Young Matt Murdock,a prize-fighter's son living in the tenements of Hell's Kitchen,saves a blind man from a vat of chemicals,resulting in him becoming blind himself. Yeah,irony's a *****. Fast-foreward a few years later and Matt is the hard fightin',hard sexin' vigilante known as Daredevil. Man Without Fear takes a look between those two chapters of Matt's life,from his training under the mysterious Stick,to his doomed romance with his first love Elektra,to his unofficial first encounter with The Kingpin,all leading him down a path that will eventually consume his every waking hour.

Romita's art is fantastic here,if a little rougher than than his later stuff. His style here reminds me a lot of Miller's earlier work,which needless to say fits his script perfectly. On a slightly random note,the panel layout is great as well,giving the book the pace and feel of a Hollywood thriller. And of course,Miller's writing is fine as well,but did you really need me to tell you that?

Read this before watching the lackluster movie,and you'll be praying for Daredevil Begins.

Genre: Superheroes,Crime

Format: The original five-issue mini-series is collected in one easily available softcover,complete with nifty extras

Amazon.com listing:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0785100466/sr=8-1/qid=1154400515/ref=sr_1_1/104-8788103-5183902?ie=UTF8

21413808758.5.GIF

manwithoutfear3.jpg

manwithoutfear2.jpg

manwithoutfear4.jpg

Dd_yellow.jpg

Title: Daredevil: Yellow
Writer/Artist: Jeff Loeb and Tim Sale
Publisher: Marvel
Genre: Crime, romance, super heroes
Summary: This is not a story of crime, vengence, honor, or violence, although all of these things play a large part. No, this is a story of a lost love. Retelling Daredevil's first several months as the self proclaimed protector of Hell's Kitchen, this story concentraits less on his taking vengence on his father's killer's, battling Electro in the Baxter Building, and locking horns with the Owl for the first time (although these events are shown), but instead concentraits on the moments in between. Of the creation of Nelson and Murdock, of Matt atending the exicution of his father's killer, and, most importantly, of Karen Page. Karen, the first love interest for Daredevil introduced in the comics, was killed off in the series shortly before Daredevil: Yellow was written. The story is told in flashback, and comprises of Matt writing down his thoughts as a means of coming to terms with Karen's death.

The story is touching, romantic, and a poigniant reminder that Daredevil's life tends to suck majorly. To compliment the writing, Tim Sale produces some of his best artwork here.

Format: Six issues, now collected in TPB and hardcover.
Amazon.com listing: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0785108408/002-7736815-2576842?v=glance&n=283155

21426363079.1.P1.GIF

21426363079.1.P2.GIF

21426363079.1.P3.GIF

21426363079.6.GIF

marvels-01-nm-marvel.jpg

Title:Marvels
Writer/Artist:Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross
Publisher:Marvel Comics

Summary:The city is New York, and its about to become the birthplace of the superhero phenomenon. Phil Sheldon, a newspaper photographer who later will work for the Daily Bugle is there to capture it through the lens of his camera. Marvels by Kurt Busiek (Avengers, Astro City) explores the history of the Marvel Universe through the experiences of Sheldon as he is on hand from the appearance of the first Human Torch, his battles with Namor, WWII and The Invaders and the emergence of the mutant race. Every classic event of Marvel Comics silver age is covered.

Alex Ross paints these beautiful images as he gives everything a highly realistic look and feel and really captures the nostalgic feel of this book. Its Alex Ross at his best and his art is worth the look alone. Marvels is really one of those books I find essential to any fan of the marvel universe and a great introduction to the Marvel Universe for new readers.

Format: 4 issue mini-series collected in Hardcover and Trade Paperback.

Marvels 10th Anniversary HC

Marvels (Paperback)

marvels_02.jpg

Marvels_04-06.jpg

Marvels200320Large-28.jpg

they've been talking about it for years

I also remember there being some kind of alternate-universe spin-off in the late 90's about Sheldon chronicling the end of the Marvel universe.

Or maybe my memory is just bad.

I think Kurt is writing it and Jay Anacleto is painting it, I messed up the guys last name.

The Hero said:
I also remember there being some kind of alternate-universe spin-off in the late 90's about Sheldon chronicling the end of the Marvel universe.

Or maybe my memory is just bad.
you might be thinking of the series RUINS, which was a sort of parody of Marvels by Warren Ellis where Phil Sheldon is documenting a Marvel Universe where everything went horribly, horribly wrong

Elijya said:
you might be thinking of the series RUINS, which was a sort of parody of Marvels by Warren Ellis where Phil Sheldon is documenting a Marvel Universe where everything went horribly, horribly wrong
Yeah,that's it.I was going to ask if it was any good,but seeing as how it was written by Warren f***ing Ellis I don't have to ask.

Darthphere said:
I think Kurt is writing it and Jay Anacleto is painting it, I messed up the guys last name.

I think they said it got scrapped and most of it was used in his Astro City: Dark Ages stuff.

Anubis said:
I think they said it got scrapped and most of it was used in his Astro City: Dark Ages stuff.

I read something recently about Joey Q saying it was coming along.:confused:

Well, I'm just going by what Busiek said before the first issues of Dark Age came out. Plus, will he still be able to do it now that he's DC exclusive?

Anubis said:
Well, I'm just going by what Busiek said before the first issues of Dark Age came out. Plus, will he still be able to do it now that he's DC exclusive?

If hes under contract to do it, yeah.

Well the final tally is in! I thought Anubis was in the lead, but it turns out Darthphere handed in a whopping 25 entries. Anubis followed closesly with 21, and Not Jake and JewishHobbit tied for third with 5 each

Darthphere and Anubis, you can each make two selections from the following list, and DP gets first choice. Following that, Jake and JH, you can each choose one. Since you're tied, in the event you both want the same book, I'll purchase another copy for one of you.

Your choice of any TPB in my collection (with a few exceptions such as the expensive hardcovers, anything out of print, or signed copies that it would be hard to get the signatures again) Here is the list: http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7570203&postcount=13)

Invincible Vol 1-3 (all three volumes together)
The Walking Dead Vol 1-3 (all three volumes together)
Wanted
Great Lakes Avengers
Frank Miller's Ronin
Understanding Comics
The Thing: Idol of Millions

Your choice of any two of the following (counts as one):
Sin City (full size, not the little digests)
-The Hard Goodbye
-The Big Fat Kill
-A Dame to Kill For
-Hell and Back
The Adventures of Barry Ween, Boy Genius
Transmetropolitan vol 1.
Spider-Man/Human Torch
Runaways digest vol 1.

Elijya said:
Well the final tally is in! I thought Anubis was in the lead, but it turns out Darthphere handed in a whopping 25 entries. Anubis followed closesly with 21, and Not Jake and JewishHobbit tied for third with 5 each

Darthphere and Anubis, you can each make two selections from the following list, and DP gets first choice. Following that, Jake and JH, you can each choose one. Since you're tied, in the event you both want the same book, I'll purchase another copy for one of you.

Your choice of any TPB in my collection (with a few exceptions such as the expensive hardcovers, anything out of print, or signed copies that it would be hard to get the signatures again) Here is the list: http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7570203&postcount=13)

Invincible Vol 1-3 (all three volumes together)
The Walking Dead Vol 1-3 (all three volumes together)
Wanted
Great Lakes Avengers
Frank Miller's Ronin
Understanding Comics
The Thing: Idol of Millions

Your choice of any two of the following (counts as one):
Sin City (full size, not the little digests)
-The Hard Goodbye
-The Big Fat Kill
-A Dame to Kill For
-Hell and Back
The Adventures of Barry Ween, Boy Genius
Transmetropolitan vol 1.
Spider-Man/Human Torch
Runaways digest vol 1.

Awesome, I can only choose from the list you posted or from the link you posted (which doesnt work)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"