Friday The 13th Reboot | WB/New Line??

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
LeBron James In Talks to Produce ‘Friday the 13th’ Reboot [Exclusive]

LeBron James is slashing his way through Hollywood.

Having already attached himself to produce the hotly anticipated sequel to Space Jam, the active NBA superstar-turned-producer is heading to Camp Crystal Lake.

Bloody Disgusting is exclusively hearing that James and his Springhill Entertainment is currently in talks with Vertigo Entertainment to produce a reboot of Friday the 13th.

This is great news, the star power of Lebron James will probably ensure it gets off the ground.

I will only accept this if Lebron plays Jason :o

Lebron James? No thanks!

giphy.webp

I doubt Lebron will want to meddle with the intricate details of the films story

However, I bet he’ll use his star power to attract top tier talent for this. Go get Mike Flanagan or someone like that.

Lebron is not a name I would've ever expected to attached to this in any way, but if he can use his star power to attract people and get this off the ground, I have no issues.

They'll probably take the Halloween approach and ignore everything but the first movie, which didn't even have Jason.

Now there's two things I would never imagine mixed together.

Seeing the typical overreactions, Lebron James will likely be involved in a monetary role as producer not creatively. His involvement might actually be pivotal in getting the film off the ground.

Deadline has confirmed that Roy Lee's Vertigo Entertainment and LeBron James’ SpringHill Entertainment are in talks to bring Friday The 13th back.

We hear that meetings are out with directors and writers now. It’s still very early.

How all of this went down was that under the Copyright reclamation act, Friday the 13th screenwriter Victor Miller recently regained U.S. rights and took the project to Vertigo and SpringHill so that they could move it through Warner Bros. There’s many moving parts here. Warners has some foreign on the franchise having handled it via New Line previously.

Seriously, let Lebron play Jason. Have him rip someone's head off and dunk it through a hoop. BOX OFFICE GOLD!!!

Now if somehow we can get Blumhouse on the project, then we'll eventually have our 80s Monster Cinematic Universe.

I think a lot of people have clambered for a Jason v Michael film for a long time.

Can we bring back Douglas Bradley for Pinhead and toss him in the arena as well?

Lol well this makes a whole lot of sense, especially after seeing how much Halloween crushed at the BO this weekend. Lebron James being involved is something I would have never expected, but I have been hearing for a while that he wants to get more involved with the movie business. I definitely think they will be using him as more of a brand name to sort of help push the movie, but I wonder how this is going to be any different than before with these writers struggling to come up with ideas? Maybe they will be more motivated to come up with something good, at least that it what I'm hoping for. This doesn't need to be rushed.

Now if somehow we can get Blumhouse on the project, then we'll eventually have our 80s Monster Cinematic Universe.

Blumhouse couldn't do it even if they wanted to.

This is a Blade Runner 2049 situation all over again. The producers need WB/NL to put F13 on the big screen in foreign markets. WB are not obligated to co-finance the movie. They don't even hafta give creative input but the movie doesn't happen if WB declines. But that can change in the future.

Plus, LeBron's production Co. SpringHill Entertainment signed a first look deal with Warner Bros. back in 2015. So that makes WB/New Line the obvious destination for this F13 reboot.

Last edited:
I don't see what more they can really do with this franchise that they already didn't do with the 2009 reboot. That opened huge at the time as well.

It also had a killer teaser.

I'm always up to seeing more of my Jason boi murdering shenanigans.
BRING IT!!!

Robert Englund is returning as Freddy on the Goldberg’s Weds night and has said that he wouldn’t rule out one more film. I think WB should go for both. Give Englund a send off in a true scary Nightmare movie I said get either Andy Muschietti or the folks that did Summer of 84 on it and make it a period piece in the 80s.

With Friday the 13th do the same 80s period piece and get a director that loves the franchise.

Cool. Always glad to see athletes doing **** out their comfort zone

Wow, wasn't expecting to see LeBron's name when I opened this thread. Love that guy. Hell, if he wants to be in it, let him. Trainwreck proved he's got acting chops.

But anyway, this is a tough property to reboot. They tried with the 2009 film but that was garbage. And with apologies to diehard fans, the original films aren't that great either. Some are embarrassingly bad. It's kinda weird too because if you think about it, Jason and Michael Myers are almost interchangeable. They're both just huge, silent killing machines in creepy masks. Yet somehow Myers just feels more interesting. Maybe it's because the original film at least had a tighter storyline and better acting across the board. I'd love to see Jason make a true comeback but after the last attempt at a reboot, I feel like it's kinda hopeless.

The issue is that with both they decided to go the supernatural route later and just turned them into literal monsters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"