Future Marvel TV Shows on ABC

darthcoolness3

Sidekick
Reaction score
We got Agent Carter and Agents of Shield on ABC, what other Marvel characters/ teams should get their own tv show on ABC?

Ideas:
1. Winter Soldier
2. Loki
3. War Machine
4. Pepper Potts
5. Mandarin
6. Rocket Raccoon and Groot

Most of these would need an unrealistically high budget for VFX and high profile actors. I think out of these the only ones that are even a bit plausible would be Winter Soldier, Pepper Potts and Mandarin. But I'm not sure if enough people would watch a tv show about Pepper or Mandarin.

Yeah, I genuinely wouldn't. The Winter Soldier likely should get a movie budget. They have him for nine films anyway, seems a waste to put him in a TV show instead (although I would like to see him appear on Agents of SHIELD).

The budget might be tricky, but I wouldn't mind a young Hank Pym show. Something set in the 60s with some good Cold War action.

I would love a mini-series on Mockingbird, Deathlok, and Hawkeye. They could all be done on a TV budget.

If the Mandarin really is hundreds of years old (as revealed in Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King), he could be the main villain of Agent Carter's Season 2. The Winter Soldier and Loki could appear in Season 3.

I would love a Punisher series however I doubt they could do that on a Network TV program

Netflix however...... It's a Possibility

I think Punisher should be done as an episodic tv show, however, i doubt ABC would want that one, while Netflix is more into tv shows where each season is a continuous story, a shame, i think Punisher would work the best if each episode was its oun story, while there was still some continuous storyline working in the background.

A Loki tv show could be nice, as long as each season had a limited number of episodes in order to have a proper budget.

Something i think would potencialy be interesting is "The Adventures of the Wasp", as Agent Carter explores the 40s timeframe, this one could try the 60s-70s.

If Ant Man is a success I can see them doing a 60's/70's Hank Pym series.

Punisher will get my vote as well.

Sword. Get the creators of Stargate SG1 to do it set in space.

Tales from Asgard: Starring Lady Sif and the Warriors Three

Seeing as the Thor films steer away from anything to do with the Nine Realms, let's get a TV show

It might tread on the same territory as Jessica Jones, but Dakota North could be easily done on a TV budget and could even feature as almost a standard procedural that could bring in viewers who wouldn't normally watch a Marvel show. If they didn't make their logo explicit at all, Marvel could even have audiences watching without realising what it is.

Imagine if Castle or NCIS were actually Marvel shows and their viewers didn't realise they were until now.

The Adventures of Ant-Man & Wasp but since it would only be an 8 episode series they couldn't really cover a lot. Maybe Rudd would sign on to the series if he were given a certain level of creative freedom like he was given with revising the Ant-Man movie script & maybe Evangeline could sign on to play Wasp.:D

I wouldn't mind a young Tony Stark (Teen Tony? :wow:) TV series similar to Gotham where James D'Arcy can reprise his role as an older Jarvis being a mentor to his young ward. The interplay between Tony (who would have to be very fast talking and quick-witted like RDJ) and Jarvis could be amusing.

If they could digitally de-age RDJ to even in his 20s, we could get some scenes with him and James D'Arcy's Jarvis, who might find him somewhat trying and impossible at times.

I wouldn't mind a young Tony Stark (Teen Tony? :wow:) TV series similar to Gotham where James D'Arcy can reprise his role as an older Jarvis being a mentor to his young ward. The interplay between Tony (who would have to be very fast talking and quick-witted like RDJ) and Jarvis could be amusing.

If they could digitally de-age RDJ to even in his 20s, we could get some scenes with him and James D'Arcy's Jarvis, who might find him somewhat trying and impossible at times.

Sure it could take place before Howard Stark is killed where daddy is always away on some business venture & Jarvis has to act as a surrogate father of sorts for Tony with appearances by Hank Pym & Janet Van Dyne with an older Peggy Carter & a younger Nick Fury & S.H.I.E.L.D.

What I would like to see on ABC...

1) 1960's-Ant-man & Wasp
2) Web of Spider-man
3) Cloak & Dagger

Great idea for a thread! I've such an ongoing yen to talk about this topic with no appropriate place to do so! In fact, I've had my Sif/Loki/Asgard idea in my sig for ages, and just last week I posted this in the AC ratings thread when the topic came up:

I feel the same way, and I've mentioned this idea here or there. I, too, am really enjoying Agent Carter, so this isn't to say I don't want more of that show. But I think a different miniseries every winter would be a great way to explore supporting characters who would never get their own films. I've mentioned a "Tales of Asgard" mini with a Sif/Loki lead (Jamie Alexander is probably more likely than Hiddleston to get for more than just a cameo...) to bridge the gap between AoU and Thor: Ragnarok. If we get Brother Voodoo in Doctor Strange, a miniseries would be a cool way to flesh him out without making him seem redundant, or like a "black best friend," in Strange's film. The possibilities are endless.

Of course, one reason Agent Carter seems to fit so seamlessly into what ABC is doing is because of how closely it ties in to SHIELD. That would be sacrificed with some of my spin-off ideas. I really like your idea of keeping Agent Carter going, but putting some shows on a summer schedule (downside here being: isn't it harder to get good ratings over the summer? Viewership is down or something?)

So which Marvel TV shows would I like to see? Including the ones I stated above, and possibly others that have already been posted here:

1. Tales of Asgard (following Sif and/or Loki as the lead)
2. Brother Voodoo (if he's introduced in Doctor Strange)
3. Young Pym/Janet (don't rely on the special effects, rely on the story telling)
4. Maybe something villain focused, but I don't know what. AIM? The Leader? Folks have said Winter Soldier, but I more see him popping in the shadows across various properties...

I don't want to list too many, because I really envision these following the AC model, taking place in a AOS's downtime as miniseries. That limits us to one per year, and less if we get more seasons of AC. I would stick to focusing on supporting characters that had already been introduced, and keep it separate from the focus of the Netflix shows. What I mean by that is, let Netflix have the Marvel Knights style characters (a lot of people want Punisher, personally I would get behind a Taskmaster show, but keep those on Netflix). I just watched season 1 of "The Almighty Johnsons" on Netflix, which is about the Norse gods living in the guise of mortals in New Zealand. Even though the characters had limited superpowers, so to speak, the show really focused on telling the story, not displaying powers all the time. IF that idea were kept in mind, I don't think a period piece with Pym would be cost-prohibitive, but what do I know.

Again, great thread! I'll post more ideas if I get any.

Last edited:
Bad Guys United - a TV series about the weekly adventures of Samuel Sterns (he's not calling himself the Leader in the MCU, yet), Winter Soldier,
Brock Rumlow, the Abomination, Ian Quinn, Camilla Reyes, Justin Hammer, Georges Batroc, and Georgi Luchkov.

If you're going to have a show with Asgard, it should clearly involve the Warriors Three.

I like the idea of a Sif and Warriors Three show. You can set it anywhere within the last 1000 years and still it'd work. One of the things IMO that's helping AC over AoS is that since it's in the past and is just there to flesh out the MCU, it doesn't have to keep up with whatever is currently going on in the MCU movies like AoS does. That gives them more freedom to do their own thing while still remaining firmly a part of the MCU mythos. A Sif & Warriors Three show could be the same.

I'd love a Sif and the Warrior's Three show as well. Might prove slightly difficult if they went in that direction though since NBC just nabbed Zachary Levi for that new Heroes thing, didn't they?

I'd love a Sif and the Warrior's Three show as well. Might prove slightly difficult if they went in that direction though since NBC just nabbed Zachary Levi for that new Heroes thing, didn't they?

The new Heroes will only be like a mini-series itself so he would probably be able to do both.

Or they could recast again... Make it a running gag each week

"And this week, Billy Dee Williams as... Fandral!"

Or they could recast again... Make it a running gag each week

"And this week, Billy Dee Williams as... Fandral!"

"Volstagg, man, you're getting too excited. Why don't you relax with the smooth, clean taste of Colt 45."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"