The Too-Damn-Many-Comic-Shows Thread

You can over-saturate the market with superhero movies and TV series, but not necessarily comic adaptations in general.

TWD shouldn't even factor in.

I don't really get the complaint here, considering how different all the shows are/will be:

Arrow - non-powered vigilante
Agents of SHIELD - Spy team operating in a world of super-beings/extraterrestrials/etc.
Constantine - supernatural detective
Gotham - chronicle of the fall of a city/rise of it's hero
The Flash - legit superhero show
Agent Carter - basically AOS, but as a period piece
Riverdale - Archie-meets-Twin Peaks
Titans - superhero team

Boom:
http://www.newsarama.com/22933-superman-prequel-series-in-development-at-syfy.html

I understand all the points made here
but man, it still feels like every show I watch now was based on a comic
and yes, many are quite different from one another
but it just makes me feel soo..... idk.. nerdy.. to constantly have to say to my gf "time for Flash" "oh, now Shields on" "oh, we gotta catch up on Gotham" "wanna watch Constantine?" "oh s**t, forgot about walking dead"
but then again, hell, I am nerdy

you guys are all absolutely right in your points, but it still feels, to me, like we're being inundated

disagreed, especially when half kinda suck

well, i would say the same about sitcoms, police procedurals, and reality tv, because we certainly could use less of those....
amen

Boom:
http://www.newsarama.com/22933-superman-prequel-series-in-development-at-syfy.html

I understand all the points made here
but man, it still feels like every show I watch now was based on a comic
and yes, many are quite different from one another
but it just makes me feel soo..... idk.. nerdy.. to constantly have to say to my gf "time for Flash" "oh, now Shields on" "oh, we gotta catch up on Gotham" "wanna watch Constantine?" "oh s**t, forgot about walking dead"
but then again, hell, I am nerdy

you guys are all absolutely right in your points, but it still feels, to me, like we're being inundated

It sounds more like that has more to do with your personal viewing habits, and less to do with what's actually on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"