TV Shows on "the Bubble"

of course It's Always in Sunny in Philadelphia is one of the cheapest shows on television.

I like 'Better off Ted'....all the characters are great and its an all around funny show

I really wish ABC would give it another chance in the fall. It is a great show and hell, The Office took some time to catch on and was on the bubble after its first season. Plus, its not as if Scrubs is the best lead in on Earth or as if ABC has the best bullpen. They let According to Jim have 9 seasons. They can give Better Off Ted 12 more episodes to develop an audience.

The Orbach was a 100% Grade-A professional and the fact that he was the lead detective for 12 seasons and was ready and willing to do "cross-over" episodes with other shows speaks for itself.

All of Noth's fights with the cast "mysteriously" stopped after Orbach joined the cast - although he was still having it out against Wolf and the producers.

I like Chris Noth, I might prefer him as a film actor because he does have a presence...but he has a reputation of being a brat...

For all my ****ting on Noth, he's a solid actor.

I really wish ABC would give it another chance in the fall. It is a great show and hell, The Office took some time to catch on and was on the bubble after its first season. Plus, its not as if Scrubs is the best lead in on Earth or as if ABC has the best bullpen. They let According to Jim have 9 seasons. They can give Better Off Ted 12 more episodes to develop an audience.

As I recall, NBC renewed The Office after its first season wrapped due to the insanely positive advance "buzz" on The 40 Year Old Virgin (which was made by Universal...which is owned by G/E...who also owns said network) and knew that Carell was about to become a big star...which he did...which would also attract viewers to the series...which it did. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Goldblum isn't a bad replacement for Noth.

I'm guessing because Kings is very expensive.

Which is why HBO would've been ideal. They can handle a high production budget and also do not have to worry about advertisers breathing down their necks if it only pulls in 4 or 5 million viewers. Plus a shortened 10-12 episode season seems like a better fit for Kings.

I know it's very mean thing for me to say, but I wish NBC would just come out and say Chuck is cancelled or renewed just so I can stop having to read and hear it's fans asking about it every damn second.

Especially the fans that hope other shows that NBC produces fail just to give Chuck a chance to stay. That's why I'm happy Southland is doing good because a lot of Chuck fans wished doom on it.

A part of me just wishes it would get cancelled and then we'll never have to listen to them again! ^_^

I don't find 'Chuck' appealing in the least....so it being gone doesn't affect my day...I'd like to see 'Life' get another season, but they did wrap the season up quite nicely, especially with Sarah Shahis pregnancy...Gabrielle Union did a great job...but if it doesn't I won't cry too much

Personally, I do think Chuck will get a third season.

Chuck's all right, haven't seen much of it this season - the wife DVRs it, but I'm gonna miss Reaper. I really liked that show.

I'm not expecting it, but I really want Terminator to continue in some form whether it be a third season, a new show (like how Justice League became Justice League Unlimited or All in the Family became Archie Bunker's Place), or a DTV movie.

Personally, I do think Chuck will get a third season.

:wow: Jamie and I actually agree on something. Let us hope this does not become to common, eh? :cwink:

I'm not expecting it, but I really want Terminator to continue in some form whether it be a third season, a new show (like how Justice League became Justice League Unlimited or All in the Family became Archie Bunker's Place), or a DTV movie.

I'd say DTV movie is most likely as who is going to greenlight a spin-off for a show that did so poorly in ratings it go canceled? That said, would Warners risk interfering with Salvation by throwing a seperate continuity DTV movie out there?

:wow: Jamie and I actually agree on something. Let us hope this does not become to common, eh? :cwink:

Then I think you might also agree with me that Chuck may get a reduced episode-order (i.e. 13 to 16 maybe) in order for it to get a third season.

Definitely possible. They cut back the Heroes order, they will likely do the same for Chuck. If it is doing better by midseason, they will up the order, no doubt, but for now...I think a reduced order is definitely in the cards.

Didn't know that Heroes was getting a reduced episode order. I know that Law & Order is getting one for next season - makes sense for Chuck to get one too.

Law & Order is going from 22 to 20 episodes....hardly a "reduced" order IMO

Hollywood Reporter is saying 16 episodes for L&O next year. Where'd you hear about 20?

It was either a post on 'Deadline Hollywood Daily' or TV.com that NBC was ordering somewhere between 16-20 episodes for next season but a number wasn't finalized yet....I may be wrong but 16 is still pretty good....considering Leno will be hogging 5 hours of programming for the foreseeable future who knows?

Didn't know that Heroes was getting a reduced episode order. I know that Law & Order is getting one for next season - makes sense for Chuck to get one too.

Yep. Heroes is going down to 18, if I remember right.

Hollywood Reporter is saying 16 episodes for L&O next year. Where'd you hear about 20?

L&O is officially renewed then? That is not good news for Chuck.

What's going to happen is a number of shows (like L&O) will be forced to take episode cuts because of the Leno deal. Cut to a year from now and said talk show is canceled like many seem to believe, L&O's next season will be a full 22-episode commitment.

That or if Leno's show is ****-canned even sooner, NBC will order additional episodes in the middle of next season.

L&O is officially renewed then? That is not good news for Chuck.

It's yet to be "officially" picked up. But it's been confirmed by now three seperate outlets (i.e. THR, Finke and By the Numbers) that it will come back.

Definitely not a good sign for Chuck...though its also not the end of the world for Chuck either. I am still cautiously optimistic. At any rate, of all the shows on NBC this year, even if Chuck gets cancelled, I'd say it is the best candidate for the now coveted DirecTV bailout option.

Also, I think you're right. If Leno bombs, NBC can always order more episodes. Just because the initial order is 16 doesn't mean they can't say "Hey, we'll take six more." I personally think Leno is going to bomb hard and CBS' ratings will go through the roof as a result.

No doubt about it, NBC will drop the Leno talk show the moment its ratings dip - even in the slightest sense because they've made it crystal clear (going as far back as '04) that they want out of "the Jay Leno business."

I've seen more focus/attention on Conan's Late Night exit and Tonight Show premiere than I have Leno's departure and his new show. That speaks for itself, folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"