• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Future TV shows from Marvel?

Seeing as how these shows will connect with MCU, there's no reason to think we won't get a fair bit of comedy from them.
What Hansen has going for him is that he can be charming in the way that RDJ was with Tony Stark. I also have no doubt that a gifted comedic actor has an easier time going dramatic than the other way. There's nothing worse than watching someone without charisma try to be funny or charming. But if you look at the recent relaunch of Iron Fist (which will, by all accounts, be the blueprint for IF's series) then you can see that it's fairly light-hearted at times.
On the physical/martial arts side, that's the easy part. Anyone can work out and bulk up and train enough to look like a competent martial artist. It's the movies so there will be plenty of stuntmen and the like involved.
Marvel Studios has shown that they start with a competent actor and build the role around their strengths.

Each show should be true to its character. Just like the comics. The idea that all these things have to fit into some established MCU mold is silly. That line of thinking will CRIPPLE creativity moving forward.

Each show should be true to its character. Just like the comics. The idea that all these things have to fit into some established MCU mold is silly. That line of thinking will CRIPPLE creativity moving forward.

They can remain true to the origins of the characters and still connect to MCU.

They can remain true to the origins of the characters and still connect to MCU.

I agree. I just don't want it to ever get to the point where the shared universe becomes a handicap. An example would be if a scene in Daredevil gets really dark and the writer questions whether it "fits into Starks/The Avengers world" and then lets that question dictate his creative choices. I don't think this will be the case, just pointing it out.

I agree. I just don't want it to ever get to the point where the shared universe becomes a handicap. An example would be if a scene in Daredevil gets really dark and the writer questions whether it "fits into Starks/The Avengers world" and then lets that question dictate his creative choices. I don't think this will be the case, just pointing it out.

I think the MCU references will be small, such as an appearance on any one of these series by Jen Walters (Pre She Hulk) or Misty Knight (if Misty gets her bionic arm to start). Other MCU references could include:

- One or some of the heroes are watching a news report on the United States Military and one of the guys interviewed is James Rhodes.
- Various easter eggs to the MCU, like a warehouse owned by Stark Industries.

Seeing as how these shows will connect with MCU, there's no reason to think we won't get a fair bit of comedy from them.
What Hansen has going for him is that he can be charming in the way that RDJ was with Tony Stark. I also have no doubt that a gifted comedic actor has an easier time going dramatic than the other way. There's nothing worse than watching someone without charisma try to be funny or charming. But if you look at the recent relaunch of Iron Fist (which will, by all accounts, be the blueprint for IF's series) then you can see that it's fairly light-hearted at times.
On the physical/martial arts side, that's the easy part. Anyone can work out and bulk up and train enough to look like a competent martial artist. It's the movies so there will be plenty of stuntmen and the like involved.
Marvel Studios has shown that they start with a competent actor and build the role around their strengths.
There's no conformation to whether this is connected to the MCU or not.

Of course, but it seems likely since the shows will be created from ABC Studios and will probably have the new Marvel Studios logo.

And sadly, the shows will be produced by Jeph Loeb.

if the shows were animated, they would have not connected to the MCU.

I think it would be cool if they connected it by just showing like some news paper reports or a TV news program showing Cap or something. Like these pages from Alias

d51fIOM.jpg

2sDvZRG.jpg

NlKNunu.jpg

I think it would be cool if they connected it by just showing like some news paper reports or a TV news program showing Cap or something.

Exactly. :up: This is all that would be needed. Even a TV in the background that isn't the focus of a particular scene. Simple, subtle cues that don't take focus away from the story yet are extremely effective.

There hasn't been explicit confirmation in so many words but, come on, there's no earthly way they won't be.
Someone at Disney mentioned that if these were popular, it could lead to movies.
There would be absolutely no reason to take a step back to an unconnected universe.

There hasn't been explicit confirmation in so many words but, come on, there's no earthly way they won't be.
Someone at Disney mentioned that if these were popular, it could lead to movies.
There would be absolutely no reason to take a step back to an unconnected universe.

Agreed. If they weren't connected, it'd be like "Sayeth whaaaaat?" I highly doubt Marvel Studios will be making any disconnected projects in the forseeable future.

Agreed. If they weren't connected, it'd be like "Sayeth whaaaaat?" I highly doubt Marvel Studios will be making any disconnected projects in the forseeable future.
:woot: :up:

And if Marvel decides to farm out some of their projects such as Power Pack and Runaways to Disney Animation, then they can do that.

And if Marvel decides to farm out some of their projects such as Power Pack and Runaways to Disney Animation, then they can do that.

They could put Power Pack on the Disney Channel instead. It could appeal to the younger kids but still set in the MCU. Possibly Runaways too.

If they really wanted, they could make Power Pack or Runaways into Disney original movies, except of course, they wouldn't be quite "original" here. It's not like these movies can't do well. Think of the first two High School Musical movies which weren't even in the theatres.

They could put Power Pack on the Disney Channel instead. It could appeal to the younger kids but still set in the MCU. Possibly Runaways too.

If they really wanted, they could make Power Pack or Runaways into Disney original movies, except of course, they wouldn't be quite "original" here. It's not like these movies can't do well. Think of the first two High School Musical movies which weren't even in the theatres.

Both would have to be live action in order to be set in the MCU. How they would go about acknowledging it if that was to happen? They could probably come up with unique ways to do so.

Both would have to be live action in order to be set in the MCU. How they would go about acknowledging it if that was to happen? They could probably come up with unique ways to do so.

They can make them live action. The Disney original movies usually are. It's a real shame Disney don't own Dazzler. They could've made a musical like High School Musical and gotten a Disney actress/ singer like Bridgit Mendler in the part.

Power Pack really would be so Disney Channel esque. It'd be dumb though, like... there wouldn't even really be Snarks, there would be sitcom comedy with powers. The Snarks would be their snarky alien neighbors or something.

That... that actually sounds a little bit fun, actually. It would be sooo limited though. I cringe at the audience applauding during Clark Gregg's guest spot. Skye would feel right at home. I can see her leaning over in one of the kids faces and making the 'Disney exasperated adult face.'

Runaways, Disney Channel couldn't handle it... way too cool, way to deep, way too serious. Maybe if it were a musical like most of the other DCOMs.

Maybe Marvel/ Disney should consider a sitcom on the Disney Channel. They do need to branch out with their genres. It's not like someone has actually done a proper superhero one yet. There is that show (I forget what it's called and am not even sure it's actually on the Disney Channel or maybe the Hub) where there's that black kid who has bionics and his mother is married to this white inventor. That's maybe the closest to a kind of superhero sitcom there is.

But having an authentic one which is still connected to the MCU would be cool. After all, these are ultimately all commercial ventures and not all comic movies/shows have to only appeal to adults. They could make one geared for kids which is live action, and Power Pack would suit that.

They also seem to have a superhero hospital one. I haven't seen that one yet, but it's all very sitcom-ish. Even Witches of Waverly place, powers flying all around, cashing in on the Harry Potter craze: totally sitcom-ified. And it's a very juvenille sitcom at that.

I think Power Pack could work in that context, and work well in fact. I don't think Runaways could.

Power Pack really would be so Disney Channel esque. It'd be dumb though, like... there wouldn't even really be Snarks, there would be sitcom comedy with powers. The Snarks would be their snarky alien neighbors or something.

That... that actually sounds a little bit fun, actually. It would be sooo limited though. I cringe at the audience applauding during Clark Gregg's guest spot. Skye would feel right at home. I can see her leaning over in one of the kids faces and making the 'Disney exasperated adult face.'

Runaways, Disney Channel couldn't handle it... way too cool, way to deep, way too serious. Maybe if it were a musical like most of the other DCOMs.

Something like that would fit Power Pack if it was animated.

Runaways is a bit more teen oriented for Disney. Perhaps if Marvel decides to expand its Netflix content, Runaways could go there.

True, but if it were animated, I'd like to see the Snarks as actual antagonists and alien invaders and stuff, not just people that come over to steal cakes and ruin prom dresses and other sitcom-y stuff.

True, but if it were animated, I'd like to see the Snarks as actual antagonists and alien invaders and stuff, not just people that come over to steal cakes and ruin prom dresses and other sitcom-y stuff.

Also, Power Pack being animated means that they don't have to do the "one of the parents used to work for Stark Industries" that would connect the show to the MCU.

They can still have antagonists be alien invaders etc instead of the usual sitcom antagonists if it were live action. That would separate out Power Pack from other sitcoms. It could be a mixture of actual villains and just sitcom "villains".

If we have a "phase two" of Netflix TV shows, here are the ones that I'd like to see:
-The Punisher.
-The Runaways.
-Blade.
-Moon Knight.
-MI 13.

Also, Power Pack being animated means that they don't have to do the "one of the parents used to work for Stark Industries" that would connect the show to the MCU.

Ultimate Spider-Man was animated and Agent Coulson was somehow the school principal. They never have to make it connected, the always want to though.

They can still have antagonists be alien invaders etc instead of the usual sitcom antagonists if it were live action. That would separate out Power Pack from other sitcoms. It could be a mixture of actual villains and just sitcom "villains".

If it's a sitcom, all the villains are therefore sitcom villains. Are you sure you're not talking about making it not a sitcom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"